PDA

View Full Version : Windtalkers

Ranger
3rd Jul 2002, 08:51
For those who have seen the movie could you say is that good movie. I ask this because the movie comes finland on august (I hope)

iakovos
3rd Jul 2002, 10:27
Hollywood takes something real, the windtalkers, adds something fictional (men assigned to kill windtalkers when they are captured), Woo's direction and depiction of battles during ww2( a single grenade creating a mayhem, get real!), and Nicholas Cage's theatrics of "no, I am the good guy in this picture, don't shoot me..."

Iakovos:)

Goku Noble Warrior
3rd Jul 2002, 23:33
I thought it was a very good movie, My grandpa fought in ww2. And actually it would not be infeasable for the men to be ordered to kill their codetalkers if they were about to be captured, 1. if the codetalker got captured and the code was broken, we probably would not have won the war, it was because of the code we were able to do so well. and 2. if captured the codetalkers would be severely tortured and possibly killed anyway. by killing a codetalker to keep them from losing the valuable code, and also spare them the intense torture and possible death they would they would have to face. wheter they were really ordered to kill their codetalkers or not I dont know.

Saadak
4th Jul 2002, 02:51
If memory serves the war in the pacific was about the American military beating back the evil Japanese...

Ranger
4th Jul 2002, 07:00
Originally posted by Goku Noble Warrior
I thought it was a very good movie, My grandpa fought in ww2.

Were did he fought on the Pacific or European theatre?

iakovos
4th Jul 2002, 09:25
My grandpa fought on the second world war as well.
Anyway, the japanese were too busy planning their strategies than actually searching for codetalkers between the captured allies. The "you must kill your codetalker if he is captured" is historically not true. The "code" was not important to the Japanese army, as the Japanese were advancing at the time.

Iakovos:)

Ranger
4th Jul 2002, 11:32
My Grandpa┬┤s also fought in WW2 my mothers dad was a guerilla

Aeternus
4th Jul 2002, 15:31
It was a good movie in the sense that it showed how Native Indians where regarded as inferior, inferior in the sense that it explained that many americans still had old views and opinions on the Indians.
Other than that, the movie was a little bit too action oriented, how could Nicolas Cage and the Indian White Horse, kill so many Japs with a single revolver and a knife !

Ranger
4th Jul 2002, 16:22
Originally posted by Aeternus
the movie was a little bit too action oriented, how could Nicolas Cage and the Indian White Horse, kill so many Japs with a single revolver and a knife !

Answer to your question: Its Directed by John Woo

1shot1kill
9th Jul 2002, 10:43
I haven't seen it yet, but knowing John Woo movies: does it got men flying through the air in slow motion while shooting 2 guns at the same time in it? Which happened about 2 dozen times in every movie John Woo made. :D