PDA

View Full Version : Commandos 3

Ranger
3rd Jul 2002, 07:21
Wow I just watched the C3 trailen and damn thats cool :cool:
But then a sad news on finnish langueded website has a new that Pyrostudios have noticed that C3 will be lot of easier than C2 :mad: which is a pitty.

Red Mage
3rd Jul 2002, 07:38
Yeah that would be sad if thats true, because for the size of the game it's just not engine or graphics, everything counts! But maybe the Death match games will make up for it. :o

Ranger
3rd Jul 2002, 07:39
Death match:confused:

Red Mage
3rd Jul 2002, 07:46
Death match :confused:

yep, different types of deathmatch games.
:cool:

Ranger
3rd Jul 2002, 07:48
Wohooo does C3 have also new weapons like Thompson M1A1 or Sten"greasegun"mark 2 :cool: :)

iakovos
3rd Jul 2002, 10:30
It will surely have NEW weapons. As for it being easy, we already know that different difficulty settings will make the difference (something like, normal, hard, very hard and expert).

Iakovos:)

Ranger
3rd Jul 2002, 11:09
Expert sounds good:rolleyes:

Goku Noble Warrior
3rd Jul 2002, 23:24
If the game really is easier I feel for you, we were just discussing over in the ff forum how the ff games seem to be getting easier and easier with each new addition to the series. Its partly laziness with the creators over a period of time, and partly loss of inspiration for new exiting ideas for a game that sequels itself.

Red Mage
4th Jul 2002, 03:54
Very true! I agree, I hope the new Soikoden 3 does not go that route so far part 2 was very good, and I hear that the 3rd one is even better. So hope C3 will be at a higher level than C2.

Ranger
4th Jul 2002, 06:54
Lets hope so

Longshot
4th Jul 2002, 07:22
Strangely enough I don't think Deathmatch will catch on in Commandos, unless some changes in the game are made.

The main reason is tha fact that the player can see the whole map and all the enemies on the map. How can you set up an ambush when the enemy can see it coming?

Games like Age of Empires and Mech commander both have strong multiplayer aspects, and it uses the point and click method. However you can't see the enemy in those games, so this might be something Pyro should probably change for their DM mode.

As long as the game still has it's coop mode, I'll be happy. :)

Ranger
4th Jul 2002, 07:27
What about if the hole map is black and you can see only the eyeview of your commando?

Longshot
4th Jul 2002, 07:33
That's terrible.

Mech Commander 2 has a good system for this kinda of play. You can see the entire map right at the start but you can't see the enemy until they get into your line of sight.

Ranger
4th Jul 2002, 07:49
Wow that is good idea

Red Mage
4th Jul 2002, 07:59
I'm sure they will figure out something they gotten this far why stop, Ideas come and go some are save and some are place on for test and am sure they vote for things that they think is better for the game in the making but you know that there will be those who will be crittics and some will be facinated by the game so in the long wrong everyone can't be pleased!

Ranger
5th Jul 2002, 07:04
What kinda game is that Mech commandoer 2?:confused:

Longshot
5th Jul 2002, 20:02
I don't think I'd explain it very well as I'm not really into Battletech as much as some other people. So here's a link to an overview of what the game is about http://www.strategyplanet.com/mechcommander/overview.html

An here is a link to some screenshots of the game. These screenshot were made with the game editor but the really game looks the same basically. http://www.strategyplanet.com/mechcommander/wolfscreen.htm

Ranger
5th Jul 2002, 20:28
Heh cool!:D

1shot1kill
8th Jul 2002, 20:43
Read this interview http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=67237, he mentions how some gametypes will work.

Thorup
10th Jul 2002, 20:51
Originally posted by Ranger
Wow I just watched the C3 trailen and damn thats cool :cool:

not as cool as a certain flashmovie:D

1shot1kill
10th Jul 2002, 21:10
Which my comp refuses to run. :(

Thorup
10th Jul 2002, 21:12
it does??? what's worng?

(guess you just voted that you didn't like it like iakovos then)

1shot1kill
10th Jul 2002, 21:15
It won't run your movie and i did not vote as i don't know what im voting about (/me thinks there are far too many polls on this board anyway)

Thorup
11th Jul 2002, 15:38
that's too bad. Could it be that you don't have flash 5??? Maybe you have a previous version of Flash

Ranger
11th Jul 2002, 15:42
Phew Im back on the vacation
and 1shot you should see the movie I would give an oscar to it if I would..

1shot1kill
11th Jul 2002, 17:27
Nah, i updated my flash and all the other stuff from macromedia, it's the only flashmovie that won't run on my comp. :confused:

Thorup
12th Jul 2002, 10:06
have you tried hitting the play button:p

1shot1kill
12th Jul 2002, 13:32
Hell, it won't even let me get that far. :mad:

Xcom
12th Jul 2002, 17:42
Thorup, why didn't you made an executable out of it?. I mean since it's not meant to be played online, you could have created a self-running Projector (or whatever that thing is called)

Thorup
12th Jul 2002, 19:19
I know what you mean Xcom. I once tried to make such a file with another flash movie, but hell the damn thing took about 4 times as much space.

Xcom
13th Jul 2002, 16:56
That's probably because your "other movie" was smaller and the projector code adds about 900 Kb to the file. This movie is however about 4-5 mb so it won't make much difference, I think.

Thorup
13th Jul 2002, 18:42
ok. but it is too late now anyway, there is no need to make another one just for 1shot! :p

just kidding, sorry that it didn't work on your computer, 1shot. but it will take me a long time to upload it once more, and I don't think that rutam is gonna appreciate it.

Ranger
14th Jul 2002, 06:14
Originally posted by Thorup
ok. but it is too late now anyway, there is no need to make another one just for 1shot! :p

just kidding, sorry that it didn't work on your computer, 1shot. but it will take me a long time to upload it once more, and I don't think that rutam is gonna appreciate it.

Why do you have to do that !shot can wait until it will come to VHS:D

1shot1kill
14th Jul 2002, 11:12
VHS is history!

Thorup
14th Jul 2002, 17:13
well 1shot, I don't think rutam has enough space on his server to upload another movie.

you know more about computers than I do, and you are clever, what was the IQ 180??

1shot1kill
14th Jul 2002, 18:23
I think he got the space but not a good connection to keep uploading movies. :D

As for my iq it was 120 in the first and 121 in the second test i did, why do you still remember this? freaky. :p

Thorup
14th Jul 2002, 21:01
I have got a good memory. I remember everything, even the slightest small subjects I have talked about.

so when I ask people if they remember, the answer is no....

but hey that's me

1shot1kill
15th Jul 2002, 01:03
Talking about freaky things, sometimes i dream and there is this one 5 second part of the dream i can actually remember (mostly something odd happening) and then a few days or sometimes even weeks later it actually happens to me and i get this deja vu moment, i got this quite alot and keeps on suprising me....

Hell why am i telling this on the EIDOS forum? :eek:

Mike_B
15th Jul 2002, 07:26
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
Talking about freaky things, sometimes i dream and there is this one 5 second part of the dream i can actually remember (mostly something odd happening) and then a few days or sometimes even weeks later it actually happens to me and i get this deja vu moment, i got this quite alot and keeps on suprising me....

Happens to me too quite alot hmmm seems like it only happens with smart people :D ;)

Ranger
15th Jul 2002, 08:52
I have also those Deja Vu things kinda scary huh?

Thorup
15th Jul 2002, 13:51
it happens to me too, sometimes...

deathdevil
24th Jul 2002, 08:29
how about u can only see ur base and when ur out in the wild u cant move the arrow keys?

iakovos
24th Jul 2002, 17:15
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
Talking about freaky things...

I DO agree :D

You guys need proper medical attention.

Iakovos:)