PDA

View Full Version : Concerns about the Offline Experience, please put my worries to rest lol

maneceel96
4th Mar 2016, 18:33
hey guys, so just like you all i'm so excited for the game and i can't wait to get into it. I'm a little worried though,i don't have PS+ and i really want to play the Elusive Targets and the Live Challenges. Is that possible? I know everyone and their grandma has PS+ but i honestly never play online so i don't want to spend all that extra money just for some challenges. I hope IO does the right thing and gives us the opportunity to do some of these cool challenges without having to pay every month. Can anyone confirm this?

Valenka
4th Mar 2016, 18:41
Someone else just asked the same thing here:

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=186671

No official confirmation yet, but I personally believe you won't need PS Plus, considering the beta didn't call for it either. Take that with a grain of salt, though.

maneceel96
4th Mar 2016, 18:44
okay, thanks. Sorry for asking twice, i just rushed in here frantically searching for an answer.

Valenka
4th Mar 2016, 18:44
okay, thanks. Sorry for asking twice, i just rushed in here frantically searching for an answer.

No worries, I don't blame you. I'm curious as well. :)

jimbianco
4th Mar 2016, 20:01
No worries, I don't blame you. I'm curious as well. :)

quote from Travis at IOI

Easy answer: No. Nothing in the game requires PS+ or Xbox Gold.

Immadummee
4th Mar 2016, 20:01
Well just because the beta didn't need psPlus, it doesn't mean the final game won't either. From my experiences with betas over the last year, some needed plus for the beta and final game and some were mixed.

For example, Hitman, uncharted 4 multiplayer, the division, all did not need PSP to play it online, but NHL 16 beta did. The thing about that is that you need plus to play NHL 16 online full time in the final game. But that doesn't clear up the Hitman game. Now the division, the beta didn't need plus to play it but I'm 99% sure you will need plus to play it a I t's prett much an "always online" type of game. As for uncharted 4 beta (which is out now if anyone wants to play it), doesn't need plus for multiplayer, but the final game will (again, just for multiplayer).

So based on these, and the fact that Sony is part of these games going online and such, I would say you will need psPlus to play Hitman online. That's just a guess though so don't quote me.

maneceel96
4th Mar 2016, 20:18
Jim! don't you play with me, where did he say that?

jimbianco
4th Mar 2016, 20:19
on the other Hitman forum. It's much more up to date, and quite frankly, much better than this one
http://www.hitmanforum.com/t/are-the-live-events-linked-to-online-subscriptions-for-consoles/3845/13

maneceel96
4th Mar 2016, 20:27
My god, i hope it's true. That would seriously make my ******* year! Thanks Travis and Jim :)

Valenka
4th Mar 2016, 20:46
So based on these, and the fact that Sony is part of these games going online and such, I would say you will need psPlus to play Hitman online. That's just a guess though so don't quote me.

http://www.hitmanforum.com/t/are-the-live-events-linked-to-online-subscriptions-for-consoles/3845/8

Like I said, you don't. ;)

maneceel96
4th Mar 2016, 20:53
Valenka knows whats up!

I sure hope the download isn't too big, my internet has it's good days and it's bad days so i'm hoping at 3 am on March 11th it's having a really freakin' good day.

Valenka
4th Mar 2016, 21:22
Valenka knows whats up!

I sure hope the download isn't too big, my internet has it's good days and it's bad days so i'm hoping at 3 am on March 11th it's having a really freakin' good day.

I doubt it'll be huge; it's just one episode after all, even with the size and scope of the Paris setting. I don't know, maybe 10GB I'll wager.

maneceel96
4th Mar 2016, 21:27
Oh boy, i can't wait. Are you pre-ordering? I think you get the white requiem suit if you do.

Greig91
4th Mar 2016, 22:12
The thing I'm worried about in regards to the offline experience is whether or not the challenges will require an internet connection in the full game as they do in the beta. Because that would suck.

I mean I'm always connected anyway, but internet connections are made to drop out lol. With something like challenges I don't see any reason why we shouldn't still be able to work towards them in the event that we are unable to get online. We could in Absolution, and they don't work any differently here.

maneceel96
4th Mar 2016, 22:28
honestly, i hope we can still complete it even if our internet drops out but i have a feeling it'll take you out because if you have no access to the servers then how will it sync up and go on your profile. That is if your talking about player made contracts. If you can't continue when your doing the elusive targets or the escalation challenges then that's messed up. Imagine yourself spending hours and hours and hours searching for the guy you have to kill, you spot him, your heart starts beating a little fast and then boom "no internet connection can be found". I'm sure IO has thought about that, or maybe they think we all have super MLG internet speeds.

Greig91
4th Mar 2016, 23:00
I'm hoping with the exclusive targets and all that, including contracts, that it's just a case of needing to be online to download them rather than needing to be online at all times to even play them. Offline = no leader board updating obviously, I can understand that, but the minute to minute gameplay is 100% singleplayer. So it seems unnecessary to have something like challenges require a connection.

Maybe they wont in the full game, I just found it unusual that they did in the beta.

maneceel96
4th Mar 2016, 23:25
Do you know if the Beta is still open on PS4?

Immadummee
5th Mar 2016, 00:27
Yes, the beta is open again right now for this weekend but only for ps plus members. If you don't have psplus, get the 2 day or 14 day trial and download it. Then after it ends, you can play it offline. If you already used your trail of psplus, open a new account/user on your ps4, get the beta, and then cancel before it expires and renews for psplus of you can't afford it or don't want it cuz you don't play online.

jimbianco
5th Mar 2016, 01:39
Do you know if the Beta is still open on PS4?

yes. I played the first beta on ps4 (Feb12th), do not have ps+, and I am able to get back online for the challenges. The beta is always playable, just not online until today again

Valenka
5th Mar 2016, 17:34
Oh boy, i can't wait. Are you pre-ordering? I think you get the white requiem suit if you do.

Yeah I've had the collector's edition pre-ordered for awhile now. Can't wait to strut around Paris in the Requiem suit. :cool: