PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Change the reward rank of the league to Gold

Zarxiel93
2nd Mar 2016, 22:05
How said by a lot of people, the league start to became a REAL hell, since because is said they want make a break from league of 2 or 3 HOURS!!! And this is crazy (for me is better make this: league for a month->Capture body/Flashpoint for a month->league for a month->Capture body/flashpoint for a month->ecc...
But look like they will not make this or cancell the actual league. So since this 2 options will be be taked, I suggest to make a poll for lower the reward rank.
For me they must do the minumum rank gold (like the first), I really don't understand what is the problem if more player gain the reward (even because the lasts rewards was quite bad... and we still don't know the FXV effect of the special Sonicboom).
So vote guys :)

Grisamentum
2nd Mar 2016, 22:12
Blood's too high. Change it back to Gold pls.

Da_Wolv
2nd Mar 2016, 23:13
Getting to Blood is way too easy in my opinion.
Then again - ranked is not about being skillfuly anyhow.

They could hand out the rewards for Bronze for all I care - what is destroying the game is giving out cash prizes for mindless point grinding, while simultaniously withholding prizes from the actual competitive game modes.

GenFeelGood
2nd Mar 2016, 23:27
It took me the whole month to reach Blood last time; and because I got pitted against the same skilled tag team in my five rounds I got placed in Bronze V this time, I stand no chance of reaching Blood this time.

enkaku-silence-
3rd Mar 2016, 00:05
Why not bronce? Or just give it to everyone for free so nobody has to go crybaby? :rolleyes:
You can't reach blood? Fine. Then it just is not for you.

Blizzard has the same damn problem with WoW and Diablo 3. The games are becoming too easy and boring because they have to adjust the difficulty for whiny, spoiled brats.

GenFeelGood
3rd Mar 2016, 02:16
Why not bronce? Or just give it to everyone for free so nobody has to go crybaby? :rolleyes:

Blizzard has the same damn problem with WoW and Diablo 3. The games are becoming too easy and boring because they have to adjust the difficulty for whiny, spoiled brats.

Difficulty isn't the issue, its time; but if league really isn't meant for casuals that don't have hours a day to spend grinding, then perhaps the requirement needs to go higher. Lets move the non cash prizes to Eternal so these casual players will have no doubts that it would be a waste of time to try for them in league and stick to regular tdm, where there is more room for fun and the air isn't quite so toxic.

I'm sure the rest of the players who participate in leagues won't mind the added wait time between matches as a result.

TheDreamcrusher
3rd Mar 2016, 02:55

SE is giving away cash for grinding points and you're upset about the skins? Hahaha... A sense of entitlement for grinding hours for relatively rare skins or visual fx is one of the most foolish attitudes I've seen someone possess on this forum. You think making it to blood is somehow an equivalent of skill and that should exclude people from getting these skins? Don't be simple.

Somehow I knew you were a WoW or Diablo 3 player. I could smell it.

As for the poll... Neither. The blood rank prizes should just be moved to TDM for monthly challenges or come up with a new way to compete to win them. Status symbols are cool, but this implementation of leagues isn't the way to do them.

enkaku-silence-
3rd Mar 2016, 07:36
SE is giving away cash for grinding points and you're upset about the skins? Hahaha... A sense of entitlement for grinding hours for relatively rare skins or visual fx is one of the most foolish attitudes I've seen someone possess on this forum. You think making it to blood is somehow an equivalent of skill and that should exclude people from getting these skins? Don't be simple.

Isn't that what the thread is about? Being upset about skins? Kind of self-defeating.
Everybody here is crying because they want those exact rare skins and visual fx in Gold rank?
If it is so stupid to want them, why does this thread even exist? Why do you even play league?

And getting to blood is not necessarely an equivalent of skill at the moment. That is the real problem.

Somehow I knew you were a WoW or Diablo 3 player. I could smell it.

I am ignoring your superstitious foolishness here.

As for the poll... Neither. The blood rank prizes should just be moved to TDM for monthly challenges or come up with a new way to compete to win them. Status symbols are cool, but this implementation of leagues isn't the way to do them.

As before, you get close to the real issue here:

The problem is not in which rank you get which reward. The problem is how the whole league point system works.

People in Blood just have more time on their hands, than Gold players, so people ranked in Gold should get the reward?
Well guess what: People in Gold probably just have more time on their hands than people in Silver.

Moving the prizes to Gold would not solve the problem, but just shift it.
If the prizes would shift to Gold, I wouldn't even care about reaching Blood anymore.

Sasha_Vykos
3rd Mar 2016, 09:01
gold is way too easy. Not that blood is in any way difficoult for a standard player but these prizes should be at least a bit exclusive.. so I would say blood all the way. But anyway this is not a real problem.. gold or blood is not important.. what matters is the money.

eldavimost
3rd Mar 2016, 11:59
The problem is not in which rank you get which reward. The problem is how the whole league point system works.

Exactly. THAT.

Farnbeak
3rd Mar 2016, 18:05
I won't vote on that poll, because it misses the point entirely and even diverts attention to an IMO insignificant matter
(no offence here! :thumb:).

The time you need to get a given cosmetic reward is like the smallest League issue...

Gugulug5000
3rd Mar 2016, 19:45
I explained why changing the reward to gold was a good idea in the other thread about League 6.o, but I'll summarize it here since not everyone seems to have seen it (judging from the assumption that the prize should be lowered just because 'it's too hard to get'):

1) People want to get the league reward every time since it's only obtainable for a short window of time.
2) Everyone is basically forced to play leagues because of it, TDM is pretty much pointless at this time.
3) Depending on your skill it could take 12 hours of game time to win 45 games (assuming 15 min per game). That's in match time, excluding wait time and matches that aren't counted due to leavers. This may be more as last league would have taken twice as long (for me and my friends at least) to get to the same point of where we were in prior seasons.
4) In leagues players have to deal with toxic people, being forced to try hard every game, and are not encouraged to try new things or experiment.
5) With the current requirements for blood, people basically have to play Nosgoth for most of their free time throughout the entire month to get the prize (unless you happen to be unemployed, not have a family, and not have school at all).

All of that said, lowering the requirement to gold would help with these issues by:
1) Making it easier for people to get the reward they want, and then either switch to TDM to play casually and try new things or take some time off until the next league starts (preventing burnout).
2) Also decreases the amount of time people have to be in a toxic environment like leagues.
3) Gives a boost to the TDM population so people can actually play Nosgoth for fun, rather than as a chore.
4) Psyonix can continue with their model of having leagues always running, without agitating the entire player base by making them constantly play the game.

This isn't about "Blood is too hard qq just give me the reward." This is about a simple adjustment that could help remedy the issue. You guys are absolutely right when you say league has other issues that won't be fixed by this, but this is a start.

enkaku-silence-
4th Mar 2016, 13:00
1) People want to get the league reward every time since it's only obtainable for a short window of time.

This is true, but where's the point? What does this have to do with the reward being blood or gold.
What exactly would change about it being time exclusive? What does it change about people wanting it?

2) Everyone is basically forced to play leagues because of it, TDM is pretty much pointless at this time.

This is not true. I played TDM during last league and had shorter waiting times than in league.
Or is pointless not referring to the number of players?
League basically is TDM. Is it pointless because there is no reward?
And again: What is going to change about that point if the reward is for gold in the future?

3) Depending on your skill it could take 12 hours of game time to win 45 games (assuming 15 min per game). That's in match time, excluding wait time and matches that aren't counted due to leavers. This may be more as last league would have taken twice as long (for me and my friends at least) to get to the same point of where we were in prior seasons.

Again all you do is just write down random facts. Is this a game I don't understand?
So if the reward would be for gold now, you think it takes less than 12 hours to win 45 games?
Or could you then just win more than 45 games in 12 hours?
Oh, I get it, you want to say you have to play a lot to get the reward! Why not just say that?
And about leavers: Will there be less leavers if the reward is for gold? Is there some connection I do not see?

4) In leagues players have to deal with toxic people, being forced to try hard every game, and are not encouraged to try new things or experiment.

Then play TDM. Oh, wait there is no reward. Damn.
I am sure, when the prizes are for gold players, there will be less toxic players, because... well I don't know. Explain please.

5) With the current requirements for blood, people basically have to play Nosgoth for most of their free time throughout the entire month to get the prize (unless you happen to be unemployed, not have a family, and not have school at all).

In average, I played six matches a day, while I played a lot of it on weekends and I got to Blood 2 last league. Though I could've stopped at Blood 5 to just get the reward, as I originally intended. So I could've played less to reach Blood.
And if you are employed, have a family that loves you and that you care for, or school, you really should not whine about some rewards or placements in some online game.

All of that said, lowering the requirement to gold would help with these issues by:

Oh, now it's going to get interesting.

1) Making it easier for people to get the reward they want, and then either switch to TDM to play casually and try new things or take some time off until the next league starts (preventing burnout).

Wow. Just play TDM if you don't want to play league. Nobody is forcing you.
You want it to get easier, just so you have to play less? This is unfortunatley not how life works.
League would die. I wouldn't even care anymore. I played 14 games now in 4 days. 5 at the first day and 3 each day after that. I am in Silver 1 now. So basically I could stop playing league after the weekend if the reward would be there for gold. There would be more time for other stuff, but how boring would it be to get the reward after less than a week?

2) Also decreases the amount of time people have to be in a toxic environment like leagues.

So your solution to avoid toxicity is to just play less? Genius!
How about not playing at all! How about playing TDM?
This is not an argument for shifting prizes to gold. This is a side effect of playing less.

3) Gives a boost to the TDM population so people can actually play Nosgoth for fun, rather than as a chore.

And gives an anti-boost to leagues. Your arguments are so one sided and unelaborate, you should do politics.

4) Psyonix can continue with their model of having leagues always running, without agitating the entire player base by making them constantly play the game.

Who makes you constantly play the game here? Only yourself.

This isn't about "Blood is too hard qq just give me the reward." This is about a simple adjustment that could help remedy the issue. You guys are absolutely right when you say league has other issues that won't be fixed by this, but this is a start.

It is all about "Blood is too hard qq just give me the reward."
All your arguments point in the direction of "I want the reward earlier, so I have to play less."

Still the only problem is, that league point system is a grindfest and not based on skill.
If that would be the case, people would not have to grind at all, but just be good players.
And this one sentence makes all your arguments worthless, because all your arguments are about the grinding issue, and not some reward.

Gugulug5000
4th Mar 2016, 20:34
@enkaku-silence: Calm down there turbo. Just because I expressed an opinion different to yours doesn't mean you have to go on the offensive. Also, try reading the whole post before typing up a reply to each line, it would have simplified a lot of things. I'll try and address your points:

This is true, but where's the point? What does this have to do with the reward being blood or gold.
What exactly would change about it being time exclusive? What does it change about people wanting it?
If you had read the whole post, you would have understood this first part where I am doing what we call "establishing the situation." This is the part where I'm making sure we're on the same page, and establishing the issues that will be addressed later.

This is not true. I played TDM during last league and had shorter waiting times than in league.
Or is pointless not referring to the number of players?
League basically is TDM. Is it pointless because there is no reward?
And again: What is going to change about that point if the reward is for gold in the future?

Well it looks like we've had different experiences with TDM. Whenever I've played it's been empty, so yes, in this regard I was referring to the number of players. In my experience there has been little point in TDM. For me, it resulted in longer wait times, more leavers, more lobby dodgers, and no progress in leagues. League seems like the obviously better choice to me (unless more people are encouraged to go to TDM as well), though it too has it's pros and cons.

Again all you do is just write down random facts. Is this a game I don't understand?
So if the reward would be for gold now, you think it takes less than 12 hours to win 45 games?
Or could you then just win more than 45 games in 12 hours?
Oh, I get it, you want to say you have to play a lot to get the reward! Why not just say that?
And about leavers: Will there be less leavers if the reward is for gold? Is there some connection I do not see?
Again, if you had read the whole thing before typing your reply, you would have seen that this is still establishing the situation. Yes, the point is to say you have to play a lot. The calculations for in game time is a little literary tool called 'logos' or using logic/statistics/science to back up a claim. It was to give an average time required for the blood reward, and the mentioning of leavers and lobby wait time is there to establish that my estimate of 12 hours is being generous (would have been 24 hours or so for me last league; I guess they changed something).

Then play TDM. Oh, wait there is no reward. Damn.
I am sure, when the prizes are for gold players, there will be less toxic players, because... well I don't know. Explain please.
I did explain. In my experience, TDM lobbies have been virtually non existent. Again, I'm still "establishing the situation" so the further explaining regarding toxicity is coming.

In average, I played six matches a day, while I played a lot of it on weekends and I got to Blood 2 last league. Though I could've stopped at Blood 5 to just get the reward, as I originally intended. So I could've played less to reach Blood.
And if you are employed, have a family that loves you and that you care for, or school, you really should not whine about some rewards or placements in some online game.
Well good for you, you can spend two hours a day playing Nosgoth. Many people can't and that's the issue. As for the "you really should not whine..." part, it's a good thing I'm not whining then. All I'm doing it trying to give a suggestion to fix some of the problems I've established.

Oh, now it's going to get interesting.
Yes, because now I've established the situation from my perspective. You really should have read the whole thing first.

Wow. Just play TDM if you don't want to play league. Nobody is forcing you.
You want it to get easier, just so you have to play less? This is unfortunatley not how life works.
League would die. I wouldn't even care anymore. I played 14 games now in 4 days. 5 at the first day and 3 each day after that. I am in Silver 1 now. So basically I could stop playing league after the weekend if the reward would be there for gold. There would be more time for other stuff, but how boring would it be to get the reward after less than a week?
I feel like I'm becoming a broken record now. I did try TDM and couldn't find anything. Multiple times. Must be the time of day I play. And yes, I think it should be easier so people (read, people, not just me) don't have to play as much. You know that other thread full of people ranting about League 6.0 and being burned out? Yeah they're complaining because they're having to play the game so much in order to get rewards. While true, no one is forcing them to play Nosogth, people want to play Nosgoth, and many of them are having the same experiences where TDM is pointless so they have to play leagues, and then they get yelled at by toxic people. People need a break from leagues. Lowering the reward to gold let's them get the prize and take a break (having their cake, and eating it too). That's why the reward level should be lowered.

So your solution to avoid toxicity is to just play less? Genius!
How about not playing at all! How about playing TDM?
This is not an argument for shifting prizes to gold. This is a side effect of playing less.
The suggestion was not to lower the level of toxicity. It was to allow people to finish with leagues quicker so they can go play casual in TDM with less toxic people. They can still play the game if they want to, having a lower prize requirement doesn't mean they have to stop, but it also makes it so they can finish up with leagues earlier, thus leaving more time for TDM or taking a break.

And gives an anti-boost to leagues. Your arguments are so one sided and unelaborate, you should do politics.
Yes, it would likely result in a lower league population. Fortunately since the requirements for eternal are so ridiculous, there will always be at least 100 people still playing in leagues competitively. Then they can actual play each other for a change instead of stomping bronze guys. I'll ignore the juvenile insult.

Who makes you constantly play the game here? Only yourself.
Technically true. Rewards don't make people play leagues but it encourages them. I didn't bother last league. I played some games, got put with toxic idiots, and realized I wasn't having fun, so I stopped. I didn't bother getting the league prize last time. A recolored shotgun didn't seem worth the effort. If they were still giving away cool prizes like the bloody victor skins or the drowning god shield, blood would seem appropriate. A recolor though seems a lot less worth while. If they had given the shotgun away at gold league, I probably would have pushed through another 10 games or so and gotten it.

It is all about "Blood is too hard qq just give me the reward."
All your arguments point in the direction of "I want the reward earlier, so I have to play less."
Uh... no. Never have I whined about it. My arguments are "make it so people can play less so they don't get burned out with this game." No whining.

Still the only problem is, that league point system is a grindfest and not based on skill.
If that would be the case, people would not have to grind at all, but just be good players.
And this one sentence makes all your arguments worthless, because all your arguments are about the grinding issue, and not some reward.
You're correct that if it was based on skill, then it wouldn't matter if it was blood or gold. The problem is, it's not. So yes, my suggestions (not arguments) have merit. Unless Nosgoth is planning on some league overhaul (which, let's face it, is probably not the case), then leagues will continue being a grind fest, and my suggestions are still applicable.

Bucky91
4th Mar 2016, 21:07
The thing about leagues being competitive in a team game is......you have to be a team! When you can only have two player teams they end up sucking. So leagues suck! Lower it to gold so we don't have to play it as much and allow us to play with our friends.

Ysanoire
11th Mar 2016, 02:43
Personally I think it should depend on the reward (and I wouldn't mind if the rules changed depending on it either).

The bloody victor skins and the vanguard shield were pretty neat, they were worth the c. 50 games it took to get them.

Now the rewards are getting more meh and the time it takes to get them seems to go up. The heck is up with that? A shiny version of a gun or a reskin are not worth this amount of time and it doesn't matter how exclusive they are.