PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Firearm

Aquarius
3rd Jul 2002, 03:10
:D

I think it explains itself.

I personally like the Desert Eagle and the M-16. I can't choose which one, so I'm not putting anything so far...... :p

Bidy
3rd Jul 2002, 03:26
Nothing is better than a shotgun! :D

MountainDewNut
3rd Jul 2002, 04:03
Pistols all the way. Mainly because you can never run out of ammo.

Sang
3rd Jul 2002, 04:17
Desert Eagle! it's just as powerful as shotgun with a faster fire rate. And the sound is intimidating! I like it so much I sneak a desert eagle into every level I've got :p

Lil Lara
3rd Jul 2002, 04:18
I love all of Lara's weapons, except for those dagnab harpoons, those things don't work at all! Well, anyways... my favorites have to be the Deseart Eagle and the revolver. I voted for the revolver in this case, but it was a hard decision. :)

eTux
3rd Jul 2002, 10:26
I always loved the desert Eagle, it kills everything so fast adn in TRC you can snipe out those mean snipers in the base level too :)

DKSM
3rd Jul 2002, 11:17
I also like the Desert Eagle for the reasons mentioned above.

Collin
3rd Jul 2002, 11:31
I usually play with pistols only, but my favourites are the magnums. Awesome sound, good damage, and you can use them in the same manner as the pistols. Me likes! :)

But I did find the gun in the VCI levels very challenging. No infinite amount of ammo (although you can find always more when you need to) is very challenging when you're used to pistols! ;)

Guess I'll go for the magnums, though.

Solaris
3rd Jul 2002, 15:27
Uzis are the best..fast,powerful...my type of gun. Desert eagle is good too....but uzis are my gun! :D :rolleyes:

*m*
3rd Jul 2002, 17:34
I like the crossbow with exploding arrows in Last Revelation.

Kurtis Trent
3rd Jul 2002, 17:44
gotta have the trusy old pistols.:D

Aquarius
3rd Jul 2002, 18:14
I'll try to do that, if I can. lol

I think we need the help from out trusty Moderators to make that change.

Calling any Moderator to help w/ the poll!!! ;)

V_Croft
3rd Jul 2002, 18:32
That is tough...
Although I play almost all the time with my pistols I love the desert eagle, the MP5 and the Uzis. ...
But I guess my vote goes to DESERT EAGLE!!!
(Can't forget those wonderful moments in Area51 using it! Hehe!)
:D

wriggle
3rd Jul 2002, 19:15
I play only with pistols but my choice is for Magnums!!! I love the sound! It's a very well balance weapon!

LarzBritsh
3rd Jul 2002, 20:08
Good ol' pistolas. They have been with Lara throughout all her adventures. They are not as fancy as other guns, but they are reliable.

LARAMANIAC
3rd Jul 2002, 21:41
It has to be the uzis for me they're compact, fast-firing and they get the job done!!!!!!

cjhilljack
4th Jul 2002, 00:11
So hard to choose Just One favorite - had to go with the Uzi's but I love the Desert Eagle too!

jso2897
4th Jul 2002, 01:39
Desert Eagle: Fast, powerful, short or long range. Couldnt have dealt with Willard without it.

Aquarius
4th Jul 2002, 14:38
I eventually caved and went with the M16. It's fast, powerful, and makes a really great noise! :p

TombRaidaPlaya
4th Jul 2002, 16:04
I agree Dagger of Xian. My favorite are the Uzis. They shoot so fast you can kill anything w/ them (except mummies) in a very short time. Even though they're not as powerful as the Magnums and Desert Eagle, they still kick butt.

Aquarius
4th Jul 2002, 20:08
So what?? No one like the grenade launcher?? In TR2, it was okay, but the one in TR3 is just horrible!! Anyone else not like the TR3 one??

Shelly Raider
5th Jul 2002, 11:15
It has to be the Uzis. They are fast and powerful and also very pretty to watch from Lara's end of course I can't imagine Uzis looking to appealing to and enemy

Chronicles5
5th Jul 2002, 11:15
I picked grenade launcher... and then I realized Desert eagle was a choice :( At least it's winning w/o my vote :D

@Aquarius-
I liked the tr2 grenade launcher because it was straightforward, and got the job done.
I liked the tr3 one because it could get through crawlspaces and blow up a gaurd on the other side, or I could do some cool stuff with it, do a sprint with diving roll, and whilst rolling, shoot the grenade as the baddy that i know is there triggers so he gets a high flying grenade in his face :D
I like the tr4 grenade launcher beacuse of the super grenade function, not that was just plaing cool!!! :D
I was all excited TRC would have a new g-launcher but no luck :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes: :(

Solaris
5th Jul 2002, 23:49
Originally posted by Aquarius
So what?? No one like the grenade launcher?? In TR2, it was okay, but the one in TR3 is just horrible!! Anyone else not like the TR3 one??

I hated the TR3 one...i shot a grenade and it came right back..the rocket launcher was more preferable.

Originally posted by TombRaidaPlaya
I agree Dagger of Xian. My favorite are the Uzis. They shoot so fast you can kill anything w/ them (except mummies) in a very short time. Even though they're not as powerful as the Magnums and Desert Eagle, they still kick butt.

Well....i found the magnums weaker but a bit stronger when it came to the mummies in TR1. but in the later TR games they were pretty strong. though compared to the Desert Eagle they should come around second or third....FOREVER LIVE UZIS!!!!

OuTR
6th Jul 2002, 05:34
The Desert Eagle is simply the best..and Lara holds
that gun so cool!
As far as the grenade launcher..its powerful but the aiming is lousy with targets that move a bit quicker.

LaraCroft_TombRaider
7th Jul 2002, 01:06
thanks for stealing my thread you meanie!:mad: :confused: :mad:

Solaris
7th Jul 2002, 01:09
Originally posted by LaraCroft_TombRaider
thanks for stealing my thread you meanie!:mad: :confused: :mad:

Aquarius didnt steal the thread...he actually had the thread of favorite gun first:p

the_internet_king
7th Jul 2002, 12:49
:) m16 100% no dout about it i just like it but i also like the magnums on 1 ....... i voted 4 m16 :eek:

Aquarius
7th Jul 2002, 19:16
Originally posted by Dagger of Xian
Aquarius didnt steal the thread...he actually had the thread of favorite gun first:p

Thank you! :)

BTW, Your sig is awesome!!

V_Croft
7th Jul 2002, 19:49
I agree with Dagger of Xian, the rocket launcher was better than the grenade launcher in TR3...
@Dagger of Xian: Your sig is really cool! ;)

Godfather
7th Jul 2002, 20:10
I believe that the desert eagle is the coolest, but then again: it's not the most pleasant one to play with, because everyone and everything dies so fast when using this gun. :(

Therefore I choose the ... err ... standard guns. They're the best! They're the most realistic ones, you know. :p

AOD510123
8th Jul 2002, 02:43
I like the desert eagle becuse it's a very powerful weapon.

Solaris
9th Jul 2002, 00:54
Originally posted by Aquarius

Thank you! :)

BTW, Your sig is awesome!!

Originally Posted by V_Croft I agree with Dagger of Xian, the rocket launcher was better than the grenade launcher in TR3...@Dagger of Xian: Your sig is really cool!

You really like my sig...thank you, thank you!
*Takes tissue..blows nose and waves at audience*
I give thinks to Staticon for giving me this sig!
*sniff..sniff*:D

Aquarius
10th Jul 2002, 00:47
The one downside to the Desert Eagle is that, without using the weapons cheat, (lol, now who would do that!?!) there's very little ammo you can find for it, so you have to conserve the ammo for something important........

cjhilljack
10th Jul 2002, 01:17
True story Aquarius...that is another reason I chose the uzis - although they do sometimes have the same problem - especially if you get trigger happy with 'em...but, typically, you do get more ammo at a time with them. :cool:

snickrep2002
10th Jul 2002, 03:58
Her trusty pistols are my favorite. I mean they may be weak, but they are very help full during different times in the game. Also you can save alot of ammo using the pistols(unlimited ammo). I mean who would shoot a monkey with a rocket launcher:D

Abyss Darkness
10th Jul 2002, 16:52
Uzis and Desert Eagle were my best.

Desert eagle and pistols are the most useful IMO.

cjhilljack
10th Jul 2002, 20:49
Has anyone else ever wondered why we get, for instance, so few shotgun shells when the graphic shows a whole box? Aside from the obvious reason, I mean, of making the game more challenging...isn't it funny that we get many rounds of uzi ammo at a time and so few shells for the shotgun & desert eagle?

fourletterword
11th Jul 2002, 14:14
./I prefer uzis/revolver/pistols, as they're very effective, accurate, and don't need a long loading time.

Solaris
11th Jul 2002, 17:47
The uzis are great...thats how i beat the dragon *puffs chest out proudly*

But the desert eagle is just such a powerful gun..problem is there's no bullets...but for me there is plenty..*grins wickdley*

paivip80
22nd Jul 2002, 10:34
HK from Chronicles is missing...

Blu_online
22nd Jul 2002, 23:29
My favorite is Desert Eagle and the pistols too.. (but I vote for the first ;) )

... mmm ... besides I like so much some custom firearms.. you knows or you remember:

the Master http://www.tombraiders.it/public/master.gif

and the Technorganic Breathe ? http://www.tombraiders.it/public/techorganicbreathe.gif

;) :D !!!

Jadetale
23rd Jul 2002, 00:30
Yes, I know I'm cheating on this by saying I like more than one, but it's so close!! I like the Uzis and the Desert Eagle.
The Uzis are fun to use because you can take aim and spray death all over your enemies, and the Desert Eagle has long range and makes a cool sound effect!! The Uzis sounded the best in TR2, as did all the guns, hands down.

vertigosynthisis
25th Jul 2002, 16:15
yeah i would have to agree with dagger because oozies are the best guns it makes it a little easier while also giving you a challenge so that the game is more interesting i myself didnt find the oozies till further in the game and i got very good with the pistols its all in a matter of moving and jumping:D

Deekman
17th Jan 2003, 01:27
I still can't figure out how I missed this thread back in July!!!

Desert Eagle all the way, baby.
http://home.earthlink.net/~reisenhart/_uimages/LAsup.jpg

Aquarius
17th Jan 2003, 19:01
I don't know, how did you miss the thread? ;) :p

Solaris
19th Jan 2003, 21:05
Oh i missed this thread:D

Prelude
21st Jan 2003, 10:57
Oooo Dagger my dear, I like your new sig, that blond elf guy is quite simply delicious :D

TheBoo
31st Jan 2003, 15:52
Well since I missed it, I'll put in my 2 cents worth.........the best gun of all Tomb Raider was the one that got used the least.....because it was mounted on a plane!

Remember the big gun at the crash site in TR3? I played that part over and over, blowing away raptor after raptor! Even wasted a lot of time just shooting at different things, just to hear the big BANG of that awesome gun. And hey, it was the ONLY other weapon besides the pistols to have unlimited ammo!

So, even though it's not in the poll, I vote for the BIG GUN of TR3! ;)

JunoJIm
1st Feb 2003, 04:29
Right Boo !!! I did the same thing - found that part of the local hillsides would blow with that thing...

I found I can do just about anything with the pistols, the shotgun does it quicker, but if I really want to rock, the MP5 - !!!

Well, one more - I love the way the gernade launcher blows the body parts all over the place !!!

Ever notice that Lara doesn't get blown up, when she blasts a baddie at close range ???

Mr. Croft
1st Feb 2003, 23:02
Uzis are the best- no doubt.:) Sexy;) , easily used:cool: , and a lot of ammo:D , this is the weapon I always choose.

Tomb Raider Fan
8th Jun 2003, 17:25
I like the Uzi's! They are easy to use, Powerful and quick to kill enemies!

Leigh Croft
8th Jun 2003, 21:22
I love using dual pistols, especially the magnums in TR1. I have a replice BB gun of the pistol used in the film and let me say, WOW! Even the BB gun packs a fair punch, i love that gun design. Guess whats on the christmas list this year, another one to complete the set (you can even buy the holster rig!)

PLAYA INC'S BIG THUG
8th Jun 2003, 22:04
I LOVE THE DESERT EAGLE!!!!!!! It's the strongest gun in thr TR series but, with power there is a weakness and, god is it slow.

GeckoKid
9th Jun 2003, 05:32
Originally posted by Jadetale
Yes, I know I'm cheating on this by saying I like more than one, but it's so close!! I like the Uzis and the Desert Eagle.
The Uzis are fun to use because you can take aim and spray death all over your enemies, and the Desert Eagle has long range and makes a cool sound effect!! The Uzis sounded the best in TR2, as did all the guns, hands down.

i disagree. I think the TR1 pistols sound better than the TR2 ones, the tr2 ones sound BAD (so are those since then)!

btw i voted for the pistols. Loved using pistols in TR2, they make the game so challenging!

AgentSmith
12th Jul 2003, 06:40
my favorites are the uzis

as regards the weapon sounds: I find them all awful in the first two tr games.. It starts to sound better with tr3. And I think tr4 and 5 are from the weapon sound the best... in contrast to the soundtrack. imho tr1´s score is the best..

The Master
12th Jul 2003, 09:35
Those lovely uzis! :D

Shame theres never enough ammo and that they're usually so hard to find!

Aquarius
12th Jul 2003, 15:48
Wow....this thread is still going? lol I think this is probably one of few threads not made important, that's still been going for a year now. :p ;)

Justin888
13th Jul 2003, 03:32
Magnums for me. I was going to put Pistols, but, eh...

Lone Raider
16th Jul 2003, 00:40
Desert Eagle. No fuss.

MR_BASKETBALL_MAN
19th Jul 2003, 18:04
My favorite is the Uzis.

They are very fast and powerful.

I only use them and my regular pistols.

MR_BASKETBALL_MAN
19th Jul 2003, 18:06
The Desert Eagle sucks.

It is not very powerful and it takes forever to reload.

The Uzis are best.

Lord Pomposity
20th Jul 2003, 02:06
Why leave out the good 'ol HK?

D3v1L80Y
20th Jul 2003, 20:08
I chose the Revolver....same power and effect as the Desert Eagle, plus with the scope, you had deadly accuracy

hansomepete
25th Jul 2003, 13:51
Dual Uzi's!!! the dual vectors in the new game rocks too!

Notts Raider
25th Jul 2003, 17:23
I try and go through the whole game with the pistols, unless I have to use something else to blow up stuff

theFinn
25th Jul 2003, 20:49
uzis are awesome, but nothing beats a good grenade gun when you're feeling destructive! :D
~Finn

WesternWhiteWolf
25th Jul 2003, 21:41
My fav is the revolver 'cause it's a pretty powerful gun AND you can put the lasersight on it!! I tried beating the golden horseman guy in TRLR w/o the revolver and it drove me nuts. Thank you, good old trusty revolver!!!!! :D :D :D