PDA

View Full Version : About loadouts & unlockables

IamRahx
28th Feb 2016, 18:26
I heard that in the beta there was no loadout sscreen. However, in the final game there will be.
My question is if this loadout screen will have a structure like we have always seen in previous games.
As in, you unlock weapons/equipment by taking them with you when leaving the hit location or you unlock it by getting Silent assassin rating. These equipment/weapons will then be yours for any hit you perform.

I am confused/worried due to the constant talk of replayability. Hopefully equipment aren't just locked behind achievements. And ultimately mean new equipment is only availible for that one mission. You cannot bring it to another mission, since you will have to unlock the equipment for each individual mission. I am not sure if IO made a response to it. Does anyone know?
I have a feeling they said it was like in previous games... But I'm not sure.

Valenka
28th Feb 2016, 18:34
IO Interactive have not issued an official statement on this topic, unfortunately. You heard correctly, though, there was no loadout screen in the beta, but I believe in one of the trailers, it is mentioned that you're able to choose your gear before the start of each mission and you unlock more depending on how well you perform. Regarding unlocking weapons, I hope it's the same way as in Blood Money, for example, where taking them with you when leaving the location will add them to your loadout list.

I don't think equipment is locked behind trophies or achievements, but I think equipment will be available universally. It wouldn't make sense to have to unlock the sniper rifle six times (one per episode) but certain unlocks may only be in certain episodes. For example, you can unlock a certain sniper rifle in Paris, but perhaps 47's signature Walther WA2000 is only available to unlock in say, Thailand/Episode Four.

I'm curious to see how it works.

jimbianco
5th Mar 2016, 02:39
I heard that in the beta there was no loadout sscreen. However, in the final game there will be.
My question is if this loadout screen will have a structure like we have always seen in previous games.
As in, you unlock weapons/equipment by taking them with you when leaving the hit location or you unlock it by getting Silent assassin rating. These equipment/weapons will then be yours for any hit you perform.

I am confused/worried due to the constant talk of replayability. Hopefully equipment aren't just locked behind achievements. And ultimately mean new equipment is only availible for that one mission. You cannot bring it to another mission, since you will have to unlock the equipment for each individual mission. I am not sure if IO made a response to it. Does anyone know?
I have a feeling they said it was like in previous games... But I'm not sure.

this is from the alpha, so it's probably been changed a little. Once you unlock weapons, they are usable whenever & where ever you want
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3QwsGaO_pI

IamRahx
12th Mar 2016, 18:01
Now that the game is out, my question returns:

Do you carry over weapons to missions (LIke BM). Or are weapons locked to a specific mission. And further locked behind achievements/challenges.

[INSERT Rage for screwing over fans yet again. We asked, begged and yes demanded Silver Ballers. They have returned, but have to be unlocked? Really? INSERT]

Greig91
12th Mar 2016, 18:56
They're likely all tied to map mastery, which sucks. We wont know if they're transferable between missions until episode 2 I guess.. It would be pretty stupid if they weren't, but I can't really give IO the benefit of the doubt there.