PDA

View Full Version : How does 47 spend his money?

Foroyar
27th Feb 2016, 03:54
Morning, guys
Last night, while playing good old Blood Money, I thought about the money itself. Since 47 is kinda emotionless and doesn't seem to care about anything "normal", how does he spend his money? (except with some obvious stuff such as guns and ammo and maybe suits) Like, I can't imagine him going shopping or something like that.

TheZaqw
27th Feb 2016, 14:54
Fine dining and living accommodations - including what you said.

IamRahx
27th Feb 2016, 17:35
Especially in the books you learn that 47 has a very expensive taste. From dining to clothing. He shaves regularly and has a routine. He simply doesn't waste his money buying videogames XD.

If on a mission he'll settle for less and what is easy/least suspicious.

Foroyar
27th Feb 2016, 21:40
Especially in the books you learn that 47 has a very expensive taste. From dining to clothing. He shaves regularly and has a routine. He simply doesn't waste his money buying videogames XD.

If on a mission he'll settle for less and what is easy/least suspicious.

Oh gee, gotta read the books, I wouldn't imagine that. But hell, 47 does look like a fancy dude after all.
Thanks guys! I totally forgot about accommodations. Guess airplane tickets and transportation are also a common way for him to spend his money, unless the ICA pays all of that for him.

jimbianco
28th Feb 2016, 05:32
He's not real, it's not real money, it's a game. This thread is laughable

Mike_B
28th Feb 2016, 08:36
I don't really see what's wrong with people thinking aloud what a game character does outside the scenes we see or play in games. Where does he live between missions, what does he eat and so on. Might as well get rid of his Bio and other backstory.

IamRahx
28th Feb 2016, 10:10
Well jimbianco has always been kind of schizophrenic in responses. Sometimes he gives good reply's. But alot of the time you would think he's a troll.

But you should definately read the books. My favourite is Enemy within since it has more exotic and themed hits. And it links Silent assassin with Contracts/Blood Money (since those two are mixed together).
Damnation is also good, but focuses on what happened between Blood Money and Absolution. After reading it you might get why absolution had a much more sensitive 47.

Plus: A moderator? a haven't seen you guys since forever XD

Valenka
28th Feb 2016, 15:38
I don't really see what's wrong with people thinking aloud what a game character does outside the scenes we see or play in games. Where does he live between missions, what does he eat and so on. Might as well get rid of his Bio and other backstory.

Agreed. :thumb:

TotalBrutal51
28th Feb 2016, 18:42
But you should definately read the books. My favourite is Enemy within since it has more exotic and themed hits. And it links Silent assassin with Contracts/Blood Money (since those two are mixed together).
Damnation is also good, but focuses on what happened between Blood Money and Absolution. After reading it you might get why absolution had a much more sensitive 47.

Didn't know about the books! Thanks man, I'm on amazon right now and should be rinding it in a couple week! :thumb:

Valenka
28th Feb 2016, 18:49
Didn't know about the books! Thanks man, I'm on amazon right now and should be rinding it in a couple week! :thumb:

Which one(s) did you pick up? I have Damnation but haven't read further than the third chapter yet.

IamRahx
28th Feb 2016, 19:19
@TotalBrutal51
Great. Can't wait to hear what you think.. But did you say you'll have it in a couple weeks? That's a long time. You can also get the e-book, unless you're a paperback/hardcover guy :)

@Valenka
Why did you never finish Damnation? Did you read Enemy within.

TheZaqw
28th Feb 2016, 22:16
I'm sorry, but it's gotten to a point where I need to speak my piece. Jimbianco, I'm getting very displeased with your constant invalidation. Hitman is still a narrative with lore, depth, and substance. 47 does not get powerups in the pursuit of a high score. He is a carefully constructed caricature of a cold blooded contract killer, with two novels within a dedicated storyline. Please, stop disregarding the creative subcomponent of interactive fiction. Video games, are art now.

Valenka
28th Feb 2016, 22:41
@Valenka
Why did you never finish Damnation? Did you read Enemy within.

I haven't read Enemy Within yet. I was reading Damnation, but got sidetracked and haven't picked it back up yet. I go on this weird kick every now and then where all I do is read and then for a sprint, I'll do everything but. I haven't picked up a novel in months, I'm afraid. :o

I'm sorry, but it's gotten to a point where I need to speak my piece. Jimbianco, I'm getting very displeased with your constant invalidation. Hitman is still a narrative with lore, depth, and substance. 47 does not get powerups in the pursuit of a high score. He is a carefully constructed caricature of a cold blooded contract killer, with two novels within a dedicated storyline. Please, stop disregarding the creative subcomponent of interactive fiction. Video games, are art now.

Well said. :thumb:

TotalBrutal51
1st Mar 2016, 00:55
Which one(s) did you pick up? I have Damnation but haven't read further than the third chapter yet.

Both Enemy Within and Damnation. :)

@TotalBrutal51
Great. Can't wait to hear what you think.. But did you say you'll have it in a couple weeks? That's a long time. You can also get the e-book, unless you're a paperback/hardcover guy :)

Wep, I highly prefer to read on paper! They are on their way and they are suppose to come from canada, so I should be having them pretty soon.