PDA

View Full Version : Shatter Objects

Necro
3rd Jul 2002, 02:16
Hi all. I want to have a door opened when a vase is shattered. Is there a special shatter object needed or can any shatter object be used? (preferably a vase)

How would I set it up? Just have a heavy trigger under the vase for the door to open?

Cheers
Lee

Chronicles5
3rd Jul 2002, 02:33
yes, just have a heavy trigger below the shatter object ;)

MountainDewNut
3rd Jul 2002, 02:33
Make sure you click on the door set it to heavy and then place it under the vase ;) .

Necro
3rd Jul 2002, 13:45
Hi all. I have changed the door to a flame_emitter 2. I have a room with a set of keys on a pedisal and the keys are set on fire (flame_emitter 2). I want to be able to shoot 2 vases before the flames are extinguished.

I have a heavyantitrigger below both vases and in the set trigger type box, I have the first 2 buttons pressed under the first vase and the last 3 buttons pressed in the second vase

But -

the flames are extinguished after I shoot the first vase.

What am i doing wrong? Do i need to set some OCb in the vases themeselves?

Cheers
Lee

MountainDewNut
3rd Jul 2002, 14:32
Make sure that the first vase has the numbers 1+2 buttons are black. On the second vase, make sure the numbers are 3+4+5 are black. On the heavy trigger under the first vase, the numbers 1+2 must should be set to black. For the second heavy trigger make sure the numbers 3+4+5 are black. If this doesn't work, switch the numbers on the heavy trigger. (ie. first heavy trigger 3+4+5: second heavy trigger 1+2)

Necro
3rd Jul 2002, 14:43
I have tried both ways and the flames are still extinguished after only 1 vase has been shot :(

MountainDewNut
3rd Jul 2002, 15:03
I'll create a prj later today to see if i can get it to work.

aktrekker
3rd Jul 2002, 18:18
If you turn on the flame emitter all the time (by turning on all buttons 1-5 in the OCB) then you can use triggers to turn it off instead of antitriggers. Then it will work.

Necro
3rd Jul 2002, 20:05
Cheers That worked. and i found that flame emitter 1 was better to use too.

Cheers
Lee