PDA

View Full Version : Back To Where It All Started...

Disorderly Conduct
2nd Jul 2002, 23:27
Hey again...

Anyone know anything about that rumored about uh, box set from Square supposedly including FF7, FF8 and FF9? I think it's for the PSX/PSX 2, but i don't know if they planned a PC version or not?

Yes, that was just some bunk b/s FF information i thought up at the spare of the moment (though it is a floating rumor) so i could post a new thread. Sue me.

Moggraider
2nd Jul 2002, 23:56
Haha. That idea would be pretty stupid. Don't think it would sell much. People already interested in FF would already have one or more, and people not yet interested wouldn't want to dive in headfirst like that.

Goku Noble Warrior
3rd Jul 2002, 21:36
That was pretty lame, surely the great DC can come up with something better than that.

N00dles
4th Jul 2002, 10:46
And what if he can't ? :P

Moggraider
4th Jul 2002, 15:20
Well, then, we're all doomed.

Amazeroth
4th Jul 2002, 15:50
I have to second with Goku on this matter.

Arkron
4th Jul 2002, 20:34
I't s a bit out of style, yeah

N00dles
5th Jul 2002, 07:00
*slaps DC back to normal*

SirCanealot
5th Jul 2002, 11:19
Thats impossible. Even for a computer.

N00dles
5th Jul 2002, 15:12
Never say never.

*grabs out an electro-shock-thingie*

Arkron
5th Jul 2002, 23:24
Magnets help sometimes.. *evil laugh*

Eriana
22nd Jul 2002, 12:12
Actually, Disorderly Conduct wasn't spinning a lie, even if he thought he was.:p

Square was going to "remake" FF7, 8 and 9 for PS2. At first people believed it would be in a single box set but then Square confirmed that they would all be sold seperately. I was actually overjoyed to hear this because for Square to sell them all seperately again would mean they would(or will) have to make vast improvements to the games...Square was very vague and only commented that they would have " great audial and visual enhancements".

I haven't heard anything about the remakes since then, what I
-think- is that Square put the remakes on the backburner or just cancelled it all together.

Now before you start saying that I am a vicious rumor starting liar, go check out this link from IGN: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/090/090637p1.html

You can find other articles about it by looking for "Final Fantasy Remake" on search engines(Like Lycos and Google), since I can't remember any direct links off the top of my head.

P.S. HURRAH FOR FF7 REMAKE...(OH PLEASE GOD LET IT BE A REALITY ONE DAY)

P.P.S. TO SQUARE: GET OFF YER LAZY BUM AND START WORKING ON THE REMAKES.:D

windcloud
22nd Jul 2002, 15:40
Good boy 4 life!

N00dles
22nd Jul 2002, 22:39
Remakes suck. Period.

3car
23rd Jul 2002, 14:39
Hi-

I'll argue about remakes sucking. They at least usually most of the time get rid of the Bugs in the game with a remake. Plus you usually get a bunch of cool stuff to hang on your walls or display on your shelves.

I wish Enix would redo Valkyrie Profile and get rid of all the bugs in that game too. I would reallllllly like to get the A ending.

Can't believe I'd actually post in a thread started by DC. Feel like I've been slimed. ;)

Dell
24th Jul 2002, 18:35
I know that feeling well, 3car! But he sorta dropped this rock in the pond and swam off into the swamp, so it seems safe enough to perch on at the moment.

Eriana
29th Jul 2002, 00:22
Actually Noodles, you must have not seen Resident Evil for GameCube if you think all remakes suck....

N00dles
29th Jul 2002, 11:34
I cant remember a previous Resident Evil on the Cube, so this would be called a port of the PSX-version. And that's not what'I'm talking about. I was talking about a remake, released for the same console. Which I think are completely superfluous.

Moggraider
29th Jul 2002, 15:29
RE for the Gamecube is most certainly not a port. Graphics are redone completely and details were changed around. It's a remake, alright. And it kicks ***.

windcloud
29th Jul 2002, 17:22
RE on gamecube is wicked man!!!

4Eyes
1st Aug 2002, 06:24
Too bad the european release date is set on sept 15. Now I have to wait another one-and-a-half month before I can finally buy the game.

BTW, what do you guys think about the rumours surrounding the other RE games (2,3 and Code Veronica) . Do you think they will just port them over (I hope NOT!!) or do you think they'll be completely redone with the new style graphics as seen in RE 1 and in the screenshots for RE zero.

Moggraider
1st Aug 2002, 07:21
I heard they were just going to port them over. It was reported as news, not as rumor. Anyhow, I think that plan's rather stupid, since the games won't be worth what they'll be charging for them, but oh well. Perhaps Capcom will have a change of heart.