PDA

View Full Version : King's Island "meet & greet"

rimfire
2nd Jul 2002, 20:59
I haven't been on the forum a lot lately, so I'm wondering whatever happened with the "Kings Island Meet & Greet" that was being talked about here in the early spring. There were some dates tossed out, but I never saw anyone actually say "Let's do it this day."

Did I miss the post, or what? For that matter, did I miss the whole thing or is it still on?

DKSM
2nd Jul 2002, 22:02
I believe that one is still on. It is set for July 27th and 28th. I know Katlady, suny, tdc, and Beachy are going. I'll direct Katlady to this post for you.

Kat
2nd Jul 2002, 22:06
yes, we are going the 27th, be at the gate at 11 or be left behind.

TDC
3rd Jul 2002, 10:13
It's not meant to be harsh, rimfire, but there's been a lot of time, effort, and money put into planning this so far. Our schedule is set and isn't terribly flexible at this point considering that plane tickets have been reserved. You're still welcome to join us once we reach the park.

Willard the Fierce Knight
3rd Jul 2002, 14:11
What about something for the people who don't want to pay $40 to get in? :D

TDC
3rd Jul 2002, 16:49
Originally posted by Willard the Fierce Knight
What about something for the people who don't want to pay $40 to get in? :D I suppose you can always tailgate...

Kat
3rd Jul 2002, 17:17
These are the final words on it:

be at the gate at 11 or get left behind.

Trinity34
3rd Jul 2002, 19:52
Can anyone come to the meet and greet?

rimfire
3rd Jul 2002, 19:56
Our schedule is set and isn't terribly flexible at this point considering that plane tickets have been reserved. You're still welcome to join us once we reach the park.
What's this mean? Are we supposed to have reservations or something? I was just asking when it was. I sometimes drive to Cincinatti to shop, it's not a big deal, so I can go anytime if I'm not busy with something else.

The prices sure have gone up since the last time I was there.

TDC
3rd Jul 2002, 20:15
That means that we announced this M&G months ago, only a few of us apparently showed genuine interest at the time, so we made plans that for some require long-distance travel and accomodations. You might be able to imagine that coordination wasn't the easiest. (Kat, you've been great.) Now, as we're mere weeks away, suddenly people want to jump on board. No big deal, but if you want to come along, you'll just have to meet us at the park and somehow let us know who we're looking for. If it's easy for you to get there, all the better.

*m*
3rd Jul 2002, 20:24
And don't forget to post pictures when you come back! ;)

Kat
3rd Jul 2002, 20:34
oh believe, there will be a plethera (sp?) o' pics!

the illegal ones can be seen on my private website,

j/k :D

DKSM
3rd Jul 2002, 20:59
I wanna see pics too! :)

ShAdYs_BaBy
3rd Jul 2002, 21:10
is the TR ride open already?? Im behind in evrything!:confused:

DKSM
3rd Jul 2002, 21:26
I believe it is. That's why they are going soon. Waste to go to something that isn't open. :D

Kat
3rd Jul 2002, 21:55
yes it's open, yes I have ridden it already, yes, you will vomit afterwards.

well, at least that's what i did

DKSM
3rd Jul 2002, 21:56
Did we reall need to know that Kat?? Couldn't you have just spared us the thought of vomiting?? Although, that does make me what to go on the ride now. ;)

Kat
3rd Jul 2002, 21:57
stalker! :p ;)

ShAdYs_BaBy
3rd Jul 2002, 21:59
OH NO!! Is it scary? Im afraid of roller coasters! :(

DKSM
3rd Jul 2002, 22:02
Originally posted by Kat
stalker! :p ;)
Just at the right place at the right time. ;)

BeachyBallZ
4th Jul 2002, 00:17
I'm going !!!!!! I'm going!!!!!! :D *Beachy's bum is sooo sore from sitting on her suitcase out in her front yard* STILL WAITING FOR THE "OK" CALL SO THAT SHE CAN GO BACK TO THE AIRPORT!
:eek: WOWZERS! maybe I should plug the phone back in !! Hmmmmmm ....... I'll have to think about that for a few..
Did I say I'm going ??? Well I am . Guess what else....... I traveling further than enybody else to get to it too. Well, at least so far anyway!!

My vote is : The more the marrier!! :D
but that's just me . And I still want the bed! :p
(((((((((((((Huggs to all ))))))))))))))))))

TDC
4th Jul 2002, 10:13
Originally posted by ShAdYs_BaBy
OH NO!! Is it scary? Im afraid of roller coasters! :( "Ma'am, it's not a roller coaster."

yesrushdt
4th Jul 2002, 19:51
I haven't been on the ride yet (even though I'm so close to the park lol). This is the first I've heard of the Kings Island get together so excuse my late reply. :D It definitely sounds like a good opportunity to meet some fellow TR fans.

*Lara Croft*
5th Jul 2002, 19:30
Bwahahahaha!!! I'm going 2 nite!! Nights of fire runs through 2nite and the Eiffel Tower has lots of fireworks and the park's open until midnite!!!!!!!!

Aquarius
5th Jul 2002, 20:20
I wish I could go this year! :(

Maybe in 2004, the summer of I could. Then I'll be out of High School, FOR GOOD!!!! :D :D :D :D

Kat
6th Jul 2002, 17:29
Originally posted by TDC
"Ma'am, it's not a roller coaster."

It's a totally different ride experience. "No, tell me, does it go in loops?" "Ma'am, it's not a roller coaster, it's a totally different ride experience"

*Lara Croft*
7th Jul 2002, 03:58
Just thought I'd put this here since I said that I went to Nights of Fire and everything...

http://content.neopets.com/guilds/a/angelina_croft_jolie/angelina_croft_jolie_0411438001026014029.jpg

Suny
7th Jul 2002, 15:34
Looking forward to it! *waves her tickets in the air*

Jewell
8th Jul 2002, 01:36
why have i never seen this before!
i can go!
i live like an hour away and i have a gold pass!
why have i never seen this!
will someone get me and fill me in with the minor details since i'm so ignorant.
i can't believe i never noticed this *i am such a moron*
:cool:

Kat
8th Jul 2002, 03:36
We are going the 27th of July. We will meet anyone at the front gate at 11am that morning. IF you are not there at 11, we are going in without you. It's nothing big, just people from the forum getting together to watch me puke on every ride I get on.

If you want to come, you are welcome to do so.

BeachyBallZ
8th Jul 2002, 03:50
Hey ................... just got back from a 4 day camping trip. The only thing that I can say besides YAAAAAAHHHHH HOOOOOOOO!!!! is that none of you need to worry about bringing sunglasses due to my chocking whiteness!! LOL I'm Red as a lobster now!! *hee~hee* but did I have a blast !!
:D

rimfire
8th Jul 2002, 05:05
why have i never seen this before!
i can go!
Welcome to the club. I don't know what happened to the original threads. Hey, I even started one of them myself, but they got lost somewhere in the shuffle on the old board. I was watching for them, but after the first week or two none ever showed up near the top of the list when I checked the board so I figured folks had forgotten about it. Maybe a new thread got started with a topic I didn't recognize.

The new board has an advantage. It tells you when someone replies to a thread. The bottom line is that if I don't have time to check in every day, I sure don't have time to look through a week or more of threads when I do.

BeachyBallZ
8th Jul 2002, 05:21
whoooo hooooo!!!!! :D Jewel and Rimfire ............ are you comming too????? I still say the more the merrier!!!!!

If ya want more info Katlady is the person you want to be talking to ! She knows all da stuff! All I know is that we will be there on the 27th and 28th of July!!! The rest is a bit foggy !! LOL But what's new right ?? LMAO :)

rimfire
8th Jul 2002, 05:29
Hi, Beachy.

It's two days? Maybe that helps. I'm trying to get some friends together to put up an antenna tower, so if it turns out that they come over on the 27th, then I'll be busy. Hopefully that job will get done sooner, and I have nothing else on that day.

Doesn't California deport people for not having a tan? :D

Katlady, do you still have my email--uh, I don't know, did you ever have it? Well, if you don't, then Jewel may still have it. I know she did at one time.

TDC
8th Jul 2002, 11:29
I think Jewel and Jewell are different people.

Kat
8th Jul 2002, 16:09
What is it?
1st Annual King's Island/TR Meet N' Greet

When is it?
Saturday, July 27th and possibly Sunday, July 28th

Where is it?
King's Island Theme Park, Cincinnati, Ohio

What time is it?
Meet at the front gates, in front of the huge flower bed at 11am.

Who is invited?
All tombraiders and raiderettes!

How much does it cost?
1 day tickets are $41.99 at the main gate. Those of you that have season passes or gold member passes will have to check in at a seperate gate (this I have already checked on for you that have these.) Bring enough money to get you through the night as we will be staying to see the fireworks display.

Why are we doing this?
Because I have nothing better to do with my time this summer than fly in 3 of my best friends (you know who you are), and to meet other TR obsessed fans such as myself.

Now, should anyone have questions, please email me at kat@laracroftonline.com

See you a couple of weeks :D

rimfire
8th Jul 2002, 16:38
Thanks, Katlady. I'll try to make it, and maybe I can talk my wife into it, too. For some reason she's never played Tomb Raider and she doesn't do too well walking, so I may come solo. Hopefully nothing will come up on the 27th. and "antenna parties" are more often on Sundays, so that helps.

FYI, I'm a ham operator and since the antennas tend to be large, everyone gets together to put them up. It's kind of like an old "cabin raising."

Did I mention my worst King's Island trip? I took dramamine on the way in so I wouldn't get sick on the rides. (I usually don't, but I wasn't taking any chances.) It made me drowsy so as soon as I got in I sat down on the steps of the Eifel tower to rest for awhile. What seemed like 5 minutes later, the kids were back ready to go home and I hadn't done anything except sit! :(

Kat
8th Jul 2002, 16:41
Where are you at in Indianapolis, because I live there too, over in Speedway, less than 2 miles from the track.

rimfire
8th Jul 2002, 18:24
Hi, Kat. Hey, I remember posting an FAO to you awhile back in the old forum, but if you saw it and replied it was another lost thread.

Hey, I've decided I really like this new board. No more lost threads!!!

I live just outside of Zionsville.

Jewell
8th Jul 2002, 19:19
You are correct. Jewell and Jewel are two different people.
i am Jewell
i don't know where Jewel is
please don't mistake one for the other, it confuses me
i'm not positive i can go yet, i have to check up on a few things first

rimfire
9th Jul 2002, 03:01
I noticed that there were a "Jewel" and "Jewell" registered. Scanning the posts I'm sure the one I used to correspond with was "Jewel."

But I'm not so sure about "Kat" and "Katlady." As I recall, they were two different people in the old forum and presumably are here, too. I remember Kat being from Indianapolis and I think Katlady was from somewhere else. So, I guess I thanked the wrong one above.

Lil Lara
9th Jul 2002, 03:36
Ok..umm.. I'm kinda new to the forums but have been a long time Lara fan.. so.. what is this meet and greet deal?

Lil Lara
9th Jul 2002, 03:44
Nevermind.. I saw the info on the other thread. Sounds so cool.. but I don't think I'll be able to fly out to Ohio.. so how'd you decide to do it at that one theme park?

rimfire
9th Jul 2002, 03:56
Hi, Lil Lara.

It started out several months ago on the old forum. Kings Island opened a "Tomb Raider" ride and there were a bunch of pictures posted there about it. There had been a "Meet and Greet" in Las Vegas the previous summer which I couldn't attend due to time and money.

When this came up, it just seemed like a natural for another "Meet and Greet." Not only is there a Tomb Raider theme involved, but it's close enough that I don't have to worry about plane tickets and hotels. For me, I can drive there in the morning and drive home that night. I'd probably go even if there wasn't a "Meet and Greet." :D

Lil Lara
9th Jul 2002, 04:20
That's cool.... ooooooh, Lara ride. Heheehehe, I've always wanted to meet you people and see what you were like in real life.. but sadly I will be away, not able to attend. Oh well, there's always next year...

BeachyBallZ
10th Jul 2002, 12:14
Uhmmmmm Rimfire..... (jeese I hate doing this) *Beachy smiles her sweetest smile *.. :D...... the other Meet~n~Greet was in Reno !! I was lucky enough to be able to be a part of that one also !!!
It was a little unorganized, But heck it was the very first one ever. I loved meeting Janelle & hubby , RacinLady & Hubby, Joy and Marijn(sp?) have always had a hard time spelling his name right . :D
One thing I can say is that if you ever get a chance to do it, Do it . You will never forget the expierence!!!
ohh yeah and I'm going to be at this one tooo !!!!!*Beachy thinks she may have already said that once.....or twice*:rolleyes: Ohh well! Can't wait till I get there!!!!! Heyyyyy Kat! 15 days hee hee hee hee hee
((((huggs to all )))))

TDC
10th Jul 2002, 13:00
Beachy, the people at the airport are probably wondering if your ride is ever going to come pick you up. You ought to put a cup out in front of you to see if you can make some cash while you wait!

Wow, even how you type has energy!

BeachyBallZ
10th Jul 2002, 13:13
It does ????:D Does that mean that I radiate?? *Beachy thinks that sounds niiiice * *hee~hee* Good to see you're finally up!!*giggle* Just giving you a difficult time Luv LOL As if you didn't notice! Duhhhhhh :p
As for the cup thing .......... Durn tootin I should do that !!! uhmmmmmm Ya think I should sing or tell stories or sumpin ??? :confused:

TDC
10th Jul 2002, 17:52
"Finally up?!" Soon I'll be letting you know just what time I get up in the mornings!

Radiate...good word. Yes, you have a glow like your parents are from Three Mile Island and Czernobyl. Feel better now? I know I do. :p

Sing, do tricks (not those kinds of tricks!), lie, cheat, con, steal - whatever it takes. Just be mildly coherent and ready for some fun by the time you get to Ohio!

*Lara Croft*
10th Jul 2002, 20:36
I might be there, i dunno. I only live 45 minutes away.

*Lara Croft*
10th Jul 2002, 20:38
Originally posted by Kat

It's a totally different ride experience. "No, tell me, does it go in loops?" "Ma'am, it's not a roller coaster, it's a totally different ride experience"

:) I went through this conversation with several ppl at school. :)

Kat
10th Jul 2002, 21:40
rimfire, I am Kat and Katlady from the old homestead.

But Kat just seemed nicer

rimfire
11th Jul 2002, 05:48
Oh, okay. Guess I'm less confused than I thought. Maybe I'm thinking of "Catwoman," or was it "Catwaman?" Wasn't there someone like this on the old forum?

Hey, my first "flaming thread" EVER!

TDC
11th Jul 2002, 11:27
Originally posted by *Lara Croft*
I might be there, i dunno. I only live 45 minutes away. As a reminder, you need to let Kat know by tomorrow (Friday) if you want to go. Decision time.

BeachyBallZ
11th Jul 2002, 18:33
GWAD!!!!! how come everyone is soooooo Bossy??? I guess I forgot to tell everybody that I'm the Queen of Everything!! So I'm the only one that gets to tell people what to do !!
So listen up............. do what TDC & Kat said . Whew glad THAT"S settled . *whew*
*Beachy goes back to her Charmin covered suitcase and sit down*
*~*~*~*~*~*~* 13 more days !!!!!!*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~
guess what I got some really cool foil confetti shaped like suitcases for when we hit the 10 day mark!! *hee~hee* Aren't I the creative one !!!!

Kat
11th Jul 2002, 22:26
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

your butt is going to really really sore by the time you get here :D

RaidRs Revenge
12th Jul 2002, 00:23
I just went there and just came back, sorry i couldnt make the meet and greet guys, but my work wouldnt allow that week to be off. But I did manage to get off this week.

You guys WILL LOVE PKI. They got awesome coasters there, Scooby Doo Land and SpongeBOB!!!! lol. PLUS!!!! TOMB RAIDER!!!! It was like Heaven on Earth for me! lol I spent like 100 on souveniors. I got a Tomb Raider The Ride Shirt, And a Ring from the Tomb. I took tons of pictures....The Ride is so awesome, but it get closed down alot. I love PKI!!!! Im going back next year sometime!

Jewell
12th Jul 2002, 00:45
ok, i have good news and bad news
the good news is that i am going to Kings Island tomorrow :D
the bad news is i can't go on the 27th :(
oh well, maybe next year :cool:

*Lara Croft*
12th Jul 2002, 02:26
Originally posted by RaidRs Revenge
I just went there and just came back, sorry i couldnt make the meet and greet guys, but my work wouldnt allow that week to be off. But I did manage to get off this week.

You guys WILL LOVE PKI. They got awesome coasters there, Scooby Doo Land and SpongeBOB!!!! lol. PLUS!!!! TOMB RAIDER!!!! It was like Heaven on Earth for me! lol I spent like 100 on souveniors. I got a Tomb Raider The Ride Shirt, And a Ring from the Tomb. I took tons of pictures....The Ride is so awesome, but it get closed down alot. I love PKI!!!! Im going back next year sometime!

I cant go either.
A ring from the tomb? I have the shirt and the all-seeing eye necklace with a fake ruby (see eidos photo gallery thread) but i've never seen a ring from there.
Did you buy the wall clock? I did (it was $30) and my mom yelled at me. She said that i could've bought a clock for $5 and put a TR pic in. She just doesn't understand. :rolleyes:

Peeps that are going: Do Karaeoke(sp)! It is SO much fun! I did with 2 of my friends from chorus. If you do, show up at least 45 min to an hour, to get an act. They only allow 5 per show.

RaidRs Revenge
12th Jul 2002, 14:17
I tried to do karoke, but they had to many acts. i guess ill have to save my michael jackson impersonation for next time lol. Yeah the ring was like 7 bucks, and its the skull from her belt buckle. I bought me and my mom one....its awesome. its so...Tomb Raiderishy. lol Yeah I had a blast. I thought the lava was gonna kill me the first time. I was like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Why didnt I bring a medikit!!!!!!

Trinity34
12th Jul 2002, 14:34
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/97aaa44f/bc/TR+movie/god1c.jpg?bcxLoV9A8tWetrIG

Look familiar?? :D

RaidRs Revenge
12th Jul 2002, 22:42
yeah! how did you manage to take it! the ride was going so fast lol. I just got my pics back from the developer today, and damn it actually looks like i went through a tomb.

BeachyBallZ
14th Jul 2002, 08:07
Kat remind me to show you the marks when I get there!! LMAO........... And don't forget to look for the PURPLE hippy shirt with bells and the glittery~sparkely gift bag!! I should stand out pretty good !! lol However I keep forgetting how short I am . Just listen for the bells I guess. ;) That will be best! *hee~hee*

*Beachy starts bouncing on her suitcase cause she is getting a little bit excieted about this whole deal*

COOOL some guy just walked by and put a $20 in my cup !!! Think It was the bouncing thing????? :eek:

Gwad I kill me!!!! LOL:D

rimfire
14th Jul 2002, 17:02
COOOL some guy just walked by and put a $20 in my cup !!! Think It was the bouncing thing?

Bounce for me at KI and I'll let you know! :D

Well, so far everything looks good for me to be there except I haven't heard a word from the guy I'm waiting for to come put up my tower. Could be next week, could be next year, but you know Murphy's law!

Are you listening, Kat? (I hear we're supposed to let you know if we plan to come.)

Kat
15th Jul 2002, 12:57
As stated earlier, anyone wanting to come will need to PM or email me.

BeachyBallZ
15th Jul 2002, 17:36
Now I am supposed to do the splits for TDC and bounce for rimfire. I'm gonna be to tired to go on any of the rides...
Maybe I'll just go on the rides. Forget the splits and bouncing stuff. I'm getting to young for all that!! :D

Hey 9 daaaayyyyyysssss!!!!!!:cool: *hee~hee~hee*
*Beachy grabs the Charmin and tapes a few more wads of it to her suitcase* Whew dats better!

BeachyBallZ
20th Jul 2002, 12:00
OMG!!!!!!! I missed the 10 day mark!!! :eek:
*Beachy Grabs her confettii and starts throwing it in the air!*
I decided that the 5 day mark was better any way!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 5 DAY to go and I'm outta here!!!:D

Hey Kat TDC tells me that those marks on my butt from my suitcase are called piles ..........LMAO That just sounds so sick and wrong !!!!! lol :p *Beachy gets a mental image * {ewww}
:rolleyes: Don't forget to listen for the bells and look for purple ! weeeeeeee this is gonna be FUN!!!!!

rimfire
20th Jul 2002, 16:13
As stated earlier, anyone wanting to come will need to PM or email me.
Kat,
I sent two emails to the address earlier in the post and didn't get a reply, so I don't know if you got them or not.

Murphy's law, though, I don't know what's happening yet, but my daughter said something about coming over that day. I still don't know just what's up there.

BeachyBallZ
21st Jul 2002, 01:13
TICK~ TOCK TICK~TOCK .............................4 days and counting. :D :D :D :D :D *bounce ~bounce~bounce*
:cool:

John Carter
25th Jul 2002, 00:51
Too bad it wasn't last weekend. Would've given me something to do during that 5 hour layover in the Cincinnatti airport.

Ya'll have fun and post yer pics! :D

Dark One
25th Jul 2002, 00:57
Sorry I won't be there with you all. Have a good time and yes, post pics. And you'd better tell me what the tomb raider ride is like! :D

BeachyBallZ
25th Jul 2002, 03:41
yeah yeah John ! :p NOW you tell us!! That is too bad, would have loved to have met ya!
I'm sorry you're not going to be there too Dark One. I bet your'e fun to be around. We will deffo post pics. :) I thought that was a requirement anyway. LOL
as soon as I finish this post I'm heading off to SF so that I can be at the airport at 4 am.......................GOD that is going to hurt to get up that early. eeghads! Well taa taa all !! I'm outta here!!!! hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee heee :D :D :D

TDC
25th Jul 2002, 11:44
By this time tomorrow, I'll be on a plane. I hope I can get some sleep, because that's about all the rest I expect to get this weekend! Here I come, crazy people!

John, I haven't forgotten how you helped to keep up the interest for this M&G back when I thought I was the only one. I feel it's at least partially due to you that this is happening at all. Cheers.

Trinity34
25th Jul 2002, 21:10
Ok when you guys get on the ride, look and see how many skeletons you can count being stuck in the ice!!!:D

thanhkim
26th Jul 2002, 22:40
Originally posted by Kat
yes it's open, yes I have ridden it already, yes, you will vomit afterwards.

well, at least that's what i did Nice to hear that you puked your guts out after the TR ride hehehehe LOL.

TDC
28th Jul 2002, 21:30
Originally posted by Trinity34
Ok when you guys get on the ride, look and see how many skeletons you can count being stuck in the ice!!!:D We went today. We were in the front middle....one of us counted seven.

Trinity34
29th Jul 2002, 00:31
I looked for a trip report and can't find it yet!!! How did things go? Like the 100 degree weather?:) I bet you spent the whole day at the water rides.

Kat
30th Jul 2002, 17:22
Aside from Beachy missing 3 flights and finally getting into Chicago at 5:30am the next day and then having to do 100MPH to get back to Indy to pick up TDC by 9:30am, all went well. It wasn't really as hot as I thought it would be, but the sun was out and that drained me and Suny practically.

I am not a big theme park person, but I actually rode the Son of Beast, the Beast, Face Off, and the Racers. You have to understand that I am very scared of roller coasters, but I believe the whole group of was pretty proud that I rode most of them.

Ask TDC and Beachy how Drop Zone was :) I believe TDC liked it the best ;)

BTW, here is a pic from the ripcord flight that my hubby, TDC and Beachy rode. My *** was to chicken **** to get on anything like this. Its a little big, so bear with it. the rest of the pics will come later this week.

http://katladyspics.homestead.com/files/Parachuteflight.JPG

BeachyBallZ
30th Jul 2002, 17:37
jeeze Kat ................could you have made it any bigger ???? GWAD!!!!!! :D

Suny
31st Jul 2002, 00:32
lol, gotta love that face beach ;)

BeachyBallZ
31st Jul 2002, 22:00
ohhh boy!!!! So flattering isn't it ? LOL just so everyone knows I was just starting to yell " Hell YA!" when that photo was snapped! :D :D Really !! I was!! :D

BeachyBallZ
1st Aug 2002, 08:17
I figured that I should say a few words to everyone about how things went off during the Meet~n~Greet. might be nice ehh?? Well I had a fantastic time. Kat and TDC and Suny aaaaaand Will (Kat's hubby) were all fun to be with . Suny (of course) is cute as a button. I must say that I didn't expect her to be quite so quiet.
Kat was everything I expected her to be. Crazy and fun. I will have to warn everyone, Don't Make Kat Mad At You !!!! LOL She gets down right mean when she's PO'ed. ;)
TDC........... he was TONS of fun. Great sense of humor and a brilliant smile. And he is ............well......... very large in stature (sp?) . :D Especially when compared to the like of little ole' me. :D
I didn't want to go home that should tell you how things went for me !! Thanks you guys!! It was a trip I'll never forget!!!!!! (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((huggers))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I missed you all before I got on the airplane!! Honest I did!! :cool:

GoranAgar
1st Aug 2002, 08:55
That picture ... looks like big fun. :D

CatSuit&Ponytail
1st Aug 2002, 11:56
Indeed! That's my kind of ride! :D

I am glad you guys had such a blast!

Ok, I want to do that! ;)

Oh, and Beach, you're just learning that about Kat now???? LOL!! :D ;)

TDC
1st Aug 2002, 12:59
Kat: You've got a serious fire in you. If you could learn to tap into it more, I think you could find a strength that would allow you to surpass your grandest expectations of yourself. You can.

Will: Thanks for showing me around. Indianapolis looked like a fantastic city. There's so much for you to explore there! Remember that you have to hit Rock Bottom - that place can be fun to the point of pain! Bring a group if you can and go early so you can sit. Oh, and don't kill too much time with your new toy!

Suny: You sleep marvelously! You ought to make a career out of that! Seriously, I'm glad you opened up toward the end. (Could that have anything to do with the fact that you ate that morning?) I was driving so I didn't really get to participate in the conversation, but it was good to hear your voice. You're one of the first people I got to know online, and I enjoyed meeting you - finally! Enjoy your last few weeks of freedom before school picks back up. I'll send you cool thoughts.

Beachy: You are just electric. You could brighten up even the sunniest day. When we left you at the airport, your absence was noted instantly. I think the whole state gave a longing sigh when your plane took off. It may take a while to get over the high that you brought. You were the last thing I expected and the best surprise. (Initially I was just happy that someone got my jokes, never mind coming back with your own!) I'll think of you every time I hear a widow rattle at night, and you hang on to those ear plugs.

Thanks for a great time, folks.

Kat
1st Aug 2002, 20:31
TDC -oh my, where do I begin ? You are exactly as I imagined while talking with you all these months online, but taller than what I expected ;) You have such a good heart, and a good ear and you really seemed interested when all I could spout off about was my religious beliefs and for that I am thankful that someone listened. Also, it was the one time in my life, that I was not afraid to take a chance in doing something, whether it was riding the Beast for the first time in my life, or saying goodbye to you on Monday, which broke my heart. I miss you already, as Will does, and I have never in my life seen my husband touched by someone as you touched him, and I thank you for that.

Beachy - OH BOY! What's up Jackhammer :p ;) I hope you don't snore like that all the time :D I miss you so much already, and it tore me up to say bye that Monday morning. You are every bit as crazy as what I thought you would be, but that is what made this weekend fun as hell! Your humor, mixed with TDC's smile, Suny's laugh, and my husband constant picking on me, made all the bad stuff that happened Friday worth it. You don't know what you have until it's gone. I love you and I cherish your friendship forever.

Suny - My busy little bee :D I wish I could have had the summer you have had when I was younger. I have told you numerous times how I thank God each night that he brought you into my life. And even though we were only together 4 days, I thanked him for those days as well. YOu don't know how much you have done for me the last year and how much your friendship means to me :) I wish you could have stayed longer, but I understand completely. There's just something about lying in your own bed with your own covers that is just so perfect. You are in my thoughts and prayers as your new school year begins.

Thanks guys for helping me break out of this shell of fear that I have lived in for years and getting me on some pretty "beastly" rides. I wished I would have done more now, but that first drop on the Beast and just seeing TDC's face on Drop Zone are memories that will always be with me :D

BeachyBallZ
6th Aug 2002, 00:35
It was a blast but the "Drop Zone" was the very best I think. :D You sit in a seat with nothing to put your feet on. They latch down your safety bar between your legs and then lift you up 283 feet on a giant hydraulic lift and then release you. <<<Whoooooosh>>> Straight down. ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! What a RUSH!!!!
I loved it !!! *hee~hee* so did TDC and Will!! I still get butterflies when I think about it ~ :D ohhh what fun I had ! It has been for too long since I last went out and had a good time like that. 11 years ....... what the heck was I thinking??
I'll be doing something like this again SOON !!! You can count on it!!!

John Carter
6th Aug 2002, 01:16
Looks like you guys had great fun! More pictures, please! :D

Kat
6th Aug 2002, 12:54
I am starting another thread with the pics included from our trip.