PDA

View Full Version : Changing the Forge

River_
16th Feb 2016, 09:56
So yeah, let us discuss about changing the forge. Why you ask? Simple:

-It takes huge amounts of money and materials to apply the things you want on a item. Like, it is ridiculous.
-It is unclear if you can even get your requested perk on the item. Personally, I've had so many tries on getting cooldown on something that I just gave up. Wasted over 15K money on 1 item.. Not once did I encounter cooldown. Makes you wonder what items can actually get what stats.
-If you finally DO get the stat you want on it.. it will be insignificant. Like really, what is 3% bonus health going to do for me? So unless you stack it on every single ability you use, AND have the perk on it as well, you will not notice it.

So I would like to change things. A few suggestions:

- Make forging cheaper, keep it randomized, keep the stats low (This way, you can try longer to get your effect)
- Keep forging expensive, make it so you can pick your + and - stats, keep the stats low (You can fully customize what you want, and you will know if your perk is aplly-able)
-Keep forging expensive, keep it randomized (do make it so you can see what stats are available), but change the values of the stats to something more significant, so it actually has a bit of impact.

What is the opinion of you guys on this subject?

Vampmaster
16th Feb 2016, 10:56
I've been playing since alpha, so I've already permanently bought all anything that you can get for gold, the 100,000 I've earned since I barely bothered using in the forge because I've been waiting for some of better features such as adding stats to Devil's, Balefire and Molten items or upgrading regular items to mysterious.

Maybe I'm not fully aware of the benefit of weapon stats as I'd been assuming the pros and cons of the stats balance each other out.

Ysanoire
16th Feb 2016, 11:34
I'm ok with the fact that forging is quite expensive. What I think is stupid and should be changed:

- recharging should be cheaper or the charge should last MUCH longer than now. I'd prefer it lasting longer because it's annoying to have to recharge something almost every day.

- you should be allowed to reroll both stats, not one. It takes enough money as it is to get the bonuses you want, this limitation makes it so all the mysterious items you find are only good for fuel. I've played about 800-1000 hours since MIs were introduced and during that time I've found only 2 shadow items. So how much time would it take to find the item I want with the stats and the effect I like? Two millennia? I know pros don't care about the effect, and when I need good stats I use arcane items that I've made from scratch, but I'd like to be able to use the neat looking cosmetic things I find without it being detrimental to my gameplay. I've found hundreds of MIs now, and I use 1 or 2. Because all the others are useless due to this rule. It's pretty annoying.
I'd like either the stats to be unlocked, or the ability to obtain the effect element from salvaging so I can put it on somethign else.

River_
16th Feb 2016, 17:55
Edit:

There also seems to be a limit on how much you can reduce/improve something. After spending 15K again to build 2 loadouts, I did some math, and find out something was not adding up:

I have -5% Cooldown on my prim weapon, -10% on both abilities, and using the cooldown perk (another -10% reduction), so this would put me at -35% cooldown. This would mean that my lightbomb who usually has a 15 second cooldown, should now have a 10 second cooldown. It doesn't.. It only has 12 seconds now, which means only 20% is reduced. So not only is it not working the way it is said, but I also wasted about 5K getting the stats on it... So yeah, they could also list somewhere what the max cooldown reduction available is, so we won't waste our gold on it.. Either that, or your stats are not working.

Ysanoire
16th Feb 2016, 18:05
Edit:

There also seems to be a limit on how much you can reduce/improve something. After spending 15K again to build 2 loadouts, I did some math, and find out something was not adding up:

I have -5% Cooldown on my prim weapon, -10% on both abilities, and using the cooldown perk (another -10% reduction), so this would put me at -35% cooldown.

That would make 25% reduction, the -10% on abilities only applies to that one particular ability.

River_
16th Feb 2016, 20:14
That would make 25% reduction, the -10% on abilities only applies to that one particular ability.

And SE could really not put it more obvious? Because "-10% Cooldown" would have me believe it works on, well, the cooldown of everything >_>

SonixSquad
16th Feb 2016, 21:58
And SE could really not put it more obvious? Because "-10% Cooldown" would have me believe it works on, well, the cooldown of everything >_>

It was the same for the Vampire buff that used to say "+damage if below %33 health".
After doing tests I made a video that showed this did not affect Vampire abilities and then they changed the text to "+melee damage if below %33 health".

General rule of thumb when it comes to buffs is unless it says "ALL" in the ability description, it only affects the ability it is on and not all abilities.