PDA

View Full Version : Bring Out Your Threads

Zaphod
2nd Jul 2002, 20:37
As you know, the old boards will be getting shut down soon.
And even though I'm attempting to bring some threads (commonly referenced ones, hilarious ones that I hate to lose, etc) over to the new digs, I can't find them all.

So, if there's anything that you'd hate to lose, find the thread, copy the link, and throw it into a reply here.

Note: replies like "I DONT KNOW THE LINK BUT IT WAS THAT KEWL THREAD WIHT ALL THE SCREENIES CUZ THOSE WEER SOME GREAT SCREENZ!!!1!" will be met with indifference. Use the Search, find the link, post it, and I'll try to make the switch.

I'm not promising anything, because moving threads is at best an inexact science. But I'll do my best.

Saba
3rd Jul 2002, 05:45
Save this thread:

http://www.eidosgames.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/001773.html

ICEBreaker
3rd Jul 2002, 09:20
I saved it on my HD already! ^_^

Saba
3rd Jul 2002, 15:40
I should have guessed!

Muzman
3rd Jul 2002, 16:57
weird. I wish I'd played Deus Ex now, so I could diagree a lot.

Er, anyway...Hitman;...I liked the trhead with the cool screens, myself. Anyone remember it?

...I dunno about threads really. It's not like I was there. But it seems every fortnight someone comes in and wants to know how to make Lee Hong eat the poison or wonders why they aren't allowed to have any guns after there were "no witnesses" left in the last mission etc etc. The help offered is often to send them to a thread of long loading, screenshot laden, existentialist philosophy. Aside from keeping old favourite discussions for their own sake, on the 'help' front it's more a case of specific posts methinks.

Zaphod
3rd Jul 2002, 17:25
Good point, Muzman. I'm working to find all the "frequently asked question" threads and save them here.

Lee Hong, car bomb, barcode-scanner, etc.

I was thinking about making an FAQ and Walkthrough for Hitman1 but never got around to it, and now it seems a little silly. But I'll definately be doing one of each for Hitman2 (submissions welcome and appreciated) so we don't have to keep answering the same questions every day.

Saba
3rd Jul 2002, 18:35
If you and I, and ( ICEBreaker if he has the time to spare), (possibly Muzman too?) could make an official FAQ endorsed by this thread, that would be not just cool, but helpful and time-saving too. We could take bits and pieces of various posts and put them together in the faq. Whenever we get a question, we'd simply link or quote that. For example, we'd work together on a walkthrough for the Meet Your Brother mission, and then put in an FAQ section at the end with ICEBreaker's standardized reply, maybe edited with more or less information if we find it necessary...

What do you guys think?