PDA

View Full Version : Humongaloid Plot Holes

Angel of Music
2nd Jul 2002, 19:36
I am sure that I am not the first individual to notice some of the sizable contradictions in the plot lines between the first and second Blood Omen games. Namely, the existance of Vorador and Janos in the second installment. Now, I understand that it is perfectly feasible that someone used the Chronoplast and altered history so that the ancient vampires were not murdered in the first place. If this is true, in the case of Vorador, Kain must have been his savior, as he is totally devoid of surprise in BO 2 when he meets His Greenness, indicating that he didn't expect to see Vorador dead. As for Janos, i can only assume that Raziel made good on his vow to restore him......but won't that create some sort of really nasty fatal paradox? Also.....the way the current timestream exists...since the gate to the Hylden dimension was closed when Kain tossed the Nexus Stone, and Janos was thrown in after that point, wouldn't he still be alive in SR 2? It is also well within the realm of possibility that I am a complete dolt and am asking very stupid questions, but as I doubt that to be the case, I propose that Eidos has left a *few* **minor** holes in the plot.......wait.......a revelation just hit me.....is all of this supposed to be some other sort of history altering paradox? But who would be trying to induce another paradox?

blincoln
2nd Jul 2002, 19:53
This will all be revealed in future games in the series.

Angel of Music
2nd Jul 2002, 19:54
And, while we are on the subject of these mind-shattering queries.... how do we explain the existance of two incarnations of the blade? We know that Moebius armed Kain and William with the reaver, but the two incarnations are about 50 years apart chronologically, with William holding the past blade, and Kain acquiring the future(present) reaver at Avernus. So, if Kain travels back in time, and defeats William, and William's blade is broken.....wouldn't that............wait, didn't Raziel restore a broken Soul Reaver..........I feel very foolish.

Lady Kreliana
5th Jul 2002, 00:44
Trust me, Angel, you are not the first person to notice these inconsistencies.

crispy
5th Jul 2002, 00:46
Is there a Doctor or shrink in the house?? My head's all messed up...