PDA

View Full Version : Lion head with gem

Necro
2nd Jul 2002, 17:25
Hey all - can anyone tell me the name of the lions head where you have to shoot the gem?

is the lions head and gem two different objects or one? and what wad can I find it in?

Also, when I trigger it, will it be a switch type?

Cheers
Lee.

Chronicles5
2nd Jul 2002, 17:37
the lions head i believe is switch type 4 or something in the mastabas wad (you can get it on the wads page here: http://tra.gamersuplink.net :)) they are the same object, and you will trigger it to the floor beneath it, and lara shoots it, it closes its mouth and triggers ;)

EDIT: yay! my 500th post!! doesnt mean anything, but it's kinda cool :cool:

Necro
2nd Jul 2002, 18:01
hi - just tried that link and it said page not found.

Does anyone know what the mastabas level is called on the tr4 cd - the tr4 files have stupid names as joby*.tr4 and not something more easily recognisible like mastabas.tr4

Cheers
Lee.

aktrekker
2nd Jul 2002, 18:55
Try joby4a

Chronicles5
2nd Jul 2002, 19:21
sorry about the link, i just tried it :( i guess they closed the site, what's your emal i could send you the wad :)

Necro
2nd Jul 2002, 19:53
Hi. the link was right only it was .com not .net

anyway Ive run into another problem:

I have 5 Lion heads all having switches for them on the square below. I have done it so you need to shoot all 5 before a door opens:

Lion head one - switch type button 1 is pressed down
Lion head two - switch type button 2 is pressed down
Lion head three - switch type button 3 is pressed down
Lion head four - switch type button 4 is pressed down
Lion head five - switch type button 5 is pressed down

Also on each of the square is the trigger for the door that needs to be opened.

This works. The door opens when all 5 have been shot.

Now the tricky part: After you shoot each gem, I want a baddy_1 to appear so lara has to kill him before shooting the next gem. I have put the trigger for the baddy on the same square as the "Switch for switch_Type_7" and when I shoot the gem, the game crashes.

Can this actually be done and if so, what do i need to do.

Cheers
Lee.

aktrekker
3rd Jul 2002, 18:05
I'm surprised the LE let you put it in the level.
You can't mix triggers with different OCB settings. Since the switch trigger only has one switch on (1-5), the trigger for the baddy will only have that one switch on. The baddy will never be triggered.
I'm not sure it is possible to do this. You could try going to the OCB setting for each baddy and make sure the other switches are turned on.
Like for the first baddy, where the lion switch has button 1 pressed, make sure 2-5 are pressed on the baddy.
Good luck!

Chronicles5
3rd Jul 2002, 18:25
OMG!! I think I figuerd out how you can do that!! and it will work this time!! (and sorry about the website :() ok, have your baddy, and in the room before the one w/ the lions heads, have a trigger for each baddy, with the buttons 2345 pushed in (black) then have your baddy triggered to the switch. that should work good luck ;)