PDA

View Full Version : Beastmaster: Status Update & Abilities revealed

Oghamsmith
10th Feb 2016, 23:11
Hello everyone,

A little bit over a week ago we stated that we were targeting this week for the Beastmaster’s release. In spite of our teams around the globe working into the wee hours of the morning and throughout the weekend, we will not be releasing the Beastmaster this week.

Actually…that’s not quite right. It’s not in spite of the extra work that has been put into this release, it’s BECAUSE of it. Over the weekend our QA team picked up on a final few issues that need to be addressed, and a little bit more polish applied, before delivering this rather large update into your hands. This is one of the largest single updates that Nosgoth has seen. Right now we’re working at full speed to get it ready for release and onto your PCs. We will get it to you as soon as it’s done, so we can’t give you a specific date just yet, but it should be a matter of days (<-that “S” is important :P) rather than weeks. We hope that you’ll bear with us while we wrangle to get the patch in order.

But fear not! We wouldn’t dream of leaving you empty-handed as far as Beastmaster content goes this week! We’ve got a couple more things to show you and discuss regarding the Beastmaster before his release. Today we’re introducing you to his abilities, and tomorrow we’ll be releasing a brand new video focused entirely on the class :).

The Beastmaster's default loadout features Powershot, Chain Lightning & Swoop. Without further ado, let’s get stuck in!

http://cdn.sqexeu.com/files/nosgoth/misc/com/forum/BeastmasterIntro.png
http://cdn.sqexeu.com/files/nosgoth/misc/com/forum/Abilities.png

calypso-694
10th Feb 2016, 23:33
The Bird form has EYE icon meaning it can be viewed! Everyone comment GOOSE!! Make the beast master the Gease Master!

GIVE US A GOOSE SKIN!!!!

GOOSE!!

-Axon-
10th Feb 2016, 23:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwXHob1snXw

Looks something already that you can get moist about.

Take your time. Wouldn't like to see anything related to rapid-fire axe chucking Vanguard. I also assume there'll be more shapeshifting abilities in future with their own unique skills.

So why Beastmaster instead of Shapeshifter or something related to in changing his form?

ZittoN_
10th Feb 2016, 23:50
What was the thoughts with Leyline and 150% increase? common...

GenFeelGood
11th Feb 2016, 00:05
Scatter Shot Projectile, Chain lightning, Raining Fireballs, and (like Calypso pointed out) the possibility that there will be Alternate Skin for the Raptor as it is for the Human. This is incredible, it feels like it merges the best of the Engergist, Glyph Disciple, and Druid concepts. I hope there is a class bundle available for purchase on release, I'll have my runes ready and waiting.
:worship::worship: :worship::worship: :worship::worship: :worship::worship: :worship::worship: :worship::worship: :worship::worship: :worship::worship:

Vampmaster
11th Feb 2016, 00:12
These abilities sound like a lot of fun. Since it mentions firebird, maybe that could be an alternate skin for the treshawk. That would make a great prize for leagues!

Gwiron
11th Feb 2016, 00:28
It makes sense now to give rahabim some hook like abilities, can you imagine humans push when 4 beastmasters stacked?

Razaiim
11th Feb 2016, 00:29
Oh I so need to get a proper computer. I really miss this game but can't get it over 12 frames per second and other slowdowns anymore.

The beast master looks soooooo exciting to play as.

vampirelucky
11th Feb 2016, 01:06
What was the thoughts with Leyline and 150% increase? common...

Agreed, this is so high it will be game breaking.
Take hunter for example Repeater and Siege Bow will shoot their ENTIRE clips in 2 seconds dealing 1500ish dmg or ~750 dps, sure the recoil will be high but the dmg output is insane.
And if it works with scouts' charge shots - charge shot for Warbow is 1 sec, Compound Bow and Stormbow - 0.8 sec and Swiftbow 0.52 sec. So the only thing stopping a scout from getting a quadra kill in those 5 sec is the clip size. Still with the Swiftbow a scout can take out 2 full hp vampires - 3.12sec for the charging 6 shots and the rest of the time for aiming.

Other than Leyline the skills seem pretty good and balanced.

Ygdrasel
11th Feb 2016, 01:14
The Bird form has EYE icon meaning it can be viewed! Everyone comment GOOSE!! Make the beast master the Gease Master!

GIVE US A GOOSE SKIN!!!!

GOOSE!!

Please don't make them think making joke ideas a reality is something we want. April 1st, maybe. :p

These abilities sound like a lot of fun. Since it mentions firebird, maybe that could be an alternate skin for the treshawk. That would make a great prize for leagues!

I was just going to comment asking why they went with 'firebird' over 'phoenix'. XD
Rather see it in chests or the store than leagues though. And being a fire bird, it's presumably another hellish spawn of Dark Eden. It does seem like the bird will have different skin options ala the Vanguard's shield either way, so that's great.

All around loving this class already. A staggering shotgun, chain lightning, raptors...

"Leyline" seems utterly bland by comparison but that's not exactly a damning critique: Everything else is just really awesome. :D (Though 150% does seem a bit much. I don't know the numbers enough to really call it out.)

As for possible raptor skins: Crows. Osprey. Owls. (Bats? Not raptors or even birds of any sort...But maybe the Scourge has learned from watching vampires take the form...)

kLauE187
11th Feb 2016, 04:22
Always wanted a kinda jetpack+shotgun class for nosgoth because it was awesome in natural-selection 1, just never thought this would be ever released in nosgoth because of balance. But here we go :D. Kinda got the feeling that this class will be beyond broken on release, Leyline near a hunter will turn his repeater into a gatling-gun. Also Powershot and you won't get touched but hard to say without knowing the range and damage of the class and how the flying is. Also how good the actual melee-roll is could make or break the class for me. Hyped as ****, hurry up and release it already :D Also how the meta will change.

Vampmaster
11th Feb 2016, 08:38
Perhaps the 150% for leyline is based on the shotguns having a low base firing rate. If so, maybe the beastmaster should get the full boost and the partner a bit less.

Da_Wolv
11th Feb 2016, 09:21
So.. how does it work?
With the bird I mean...

Do you have him as a pet or transform into him by holding some key?
Humans only have 2 abilities and a weapon, so why is the bird not either - but its own classification.

Very intriguing - I think this will completely change the meta.
Oh and that 5s CD on Chain Lightning.. wow

troublemak9r
11th Feb 2016, 09:55
im so hyped, sounds like a lot of fun!

--Ram--
11th Feb 2016, 10:32
Cool sounds OP as ****, inb4 mobile quad leyline + chain lightning instagib squads ruin the game in hilarious fashion

Vampmaster
11th Feb 2016, 10:37
Cool sounds OP as ****, inb4 mobile quad leyline + chain lightning instagib squads ruin the game in hilarious fashion

There's no way leyline would allow rapid fire lightning. I'm pretty sure chain lightning would be only be a single shot and then need to recharge.

Humans only have 2 abilities and a weapon, so why is the bird not either - but its own classification.

If it's in the inventory, but not counted as an ability, then it's most likely s skin that would presumably go in the same slot as the Vanguard's shield.

--Ram--
11th Feb 2016, 10:43
There's no way leyline would allow rapid fire lightning. I'm pretty sure chain lightning would be only be a single shot and then need to recharge.

Not what I meant, I just mean 150% increase for 2 guys sounds disgustingly OP on its own. I don't expect it to interact with CL.

Ysanoire
11th Feb 2016, 10:45
Can't wait to lay my hands on him.

Vampmaster
11th Feb 2016, 10:48
Did any one else think of Robin Williams's Raptor Rap from Mrs Doubtfire when reading the part about the raptor? (I know, that's a bit random. :p)

Da_Wolv
11th Feb 2016, 11:41
Not what I meant, I just mean 150% increase for 2 guys sounds disgustingly OP on its own.

They probably failed at grammar again though.
The perks are still not corrected in that regard:
Bloodweaver says 200% increase in shields, but its only a 100% INCREASE (from 100% to 200%)

Likewise, I expect Leyline to only INCREASE the attack speed by 50% (from 100% to 150%; and NOT from 100% to 250%)

The key words to change in the context being "increase by" to "increase to" or just changing the %.

HexMee
11th Feb 2016, 12:57
Also how good the actual melee-roll is could make or break the class for me.

This is a very good point that I hope the devs keep in mind, I wish you guys could go over the alchemist melee attack animation too and make it a bit more snappy so it can be used to dodge stuff. I'd say the slow swing from alch is the reason she isn't playd nearly as much as the other classes.. I don't want this to happen to beastmaster too. :'(

ParadoxicalOmen
11th Feb 2016, 16:37
Man, everything about this class sounds really great...i'm pretty hyped.

Only the Leyline ability kinda worries me though...i feel this might be too powerful when used with Hunter or Prophet.

Wolf_the_Legend
11th Feb 2016, 16:56
They probably failed at grammar again though.
The perks are still not corrected in that regard:
Bloodweaver says 200% increase in shields, but its only a 100% INCREASE (from 100% to 200%)

Likewise, I expect Leyline to only INCREASE the attack speed by 50% (from 100% to 150%; and NOT from 100% to 250%)

The key words to change in the context being "increase by" to "increase to" or just changing the %.

Bloodweaver still says 200% :rolleyes: ... not like this got reported already ... I know, this dosent mean much ... and yeah daWolv is probably right (I would say they failed their Algebra, but whatever)

Nurgor
17th Feb 2016, 19:35
a matter of days (<-that “S” is important :P) rather than weeks

well its been a whole week now... any news when the update comes?

SonixSquad
17th Feb 2016, 20:11
How the :D did I miss this post? :eek:

Also, glad this wasn't just posted and it has indeed been 6 days which should mean any day now!

senjuj
18th Feb 2016, 04:34
SdeWd4p0GiI:naughty:

Wolf_the_Legend
18th Feb 2016, 10:51
Yeah ... Today would be just fine :poke:, got a free day tomorrow :)

Oghamsmith
18th Feb 2016, 14:44
SdeWd4p0GiI:naughty:

Hahah, thanks for that, its been playing for about 20 mins now :P.

Yeah ... Today would be just fine :poke:, got a free day tomorrow :)

"A matter of days rather than weeks" gave us up until the point that 2 weeks had passed (so 13 days, the 23rd of Feb). I've got my fingers crossed that we can still stick within that timeframe, but there are a few bugs that are being tricky little buggers and refuse to leave the update without causing other problems. We're hammering away at them, however there is the potential that one or all of them could be an issue by the time 13 days have passed.

This is the biggest patch that we've released in a long time, certainly the biggest since I've come onto the project. There's a great deal of complexity to what we're adding. We're doing everything we can to make sure it's as bug-free as possible before getting the patch out to you guys. But this does take time. Devs at Psyonix, SE Montreal and SE London have continued to work through weekends and into the night. If we haven't released the patch by the 23rd of Feb, I'll be sure to get another status update to you then.

rasgart
18th Feb 2016, 15:37
Wow, that looks quite awsm!

I´m looking forward for more ways to transform the beastmaster, so you can switch the bird against a bear or wolf.
Beastmaster seems to be useable in every situation!

Captain3009
18th Feb 2016, 16:23
*wave hand* You will not leave the office untill this patch is complete *wave hand again* You tell your colleagues to work 24/7 untill this patch is ready for release *wave hand thirth time* on your way now... :D

ParadoxicalOmen
18th Feb 2016, 16:51
How the :D did I miss this post? :eek:

Also, glad this wasn't just posted and it has indeed been 6 days which should mean any day now!

True...although, this probably means they're still fixing bugs...and we don't want bugs, so we just gotta wait.

Lets not forget this is going to be a big update...this class is special due to his bird form, and i bet there are many crazy stuff happening because of this, like e.g. being Abducted in bird form.
Also, they're also making the new Sentinel ability "Sonic Boom".

Vampmaster
18th Feb 2016, 19:35
Hahah, thanks for that, its been playing for about 20 mins now :P.

"A matter of days rather than weeks" gave us up until the point that 2 weeks had passed (so 13 days, the 23rd of Feb). I've got my fingers crossed that we can still stick within that timeframe, but there are a few bugs that are being tricky little buggers and refuse to leave the update without causing other problems. We're hammering away at them, however there is the potential that one or all of them could be an issue by the time 13 days have passed.

This is the biggest patch that we've released in a long time, certainly the biggest since I've come onto the project. There's a great deal of complexity to what we're adding. We're doing everything we can to make sure it's as bug-free as possible before getting the patch out to you guys. But this does take time. Devs at Psyonix, SE Montreal and SE London have continued to work through weekends and into the night. If we haven't released the patch by the 23rd of Feb, I'll be sure to get another status update to you then.

It's probably best to wait until the following week even if the bugs you mentioned get fixed sooner. League will be over by then and there'd be less chance of issues being overlooked due to rushing.

Kootkha
18th Feb 2016, 22:18
Why this is a Beastmaster without any actual beasts at his control ? I mean, why we even should call him a Beastmaster then? Bcz he is transforming to a goose? Even "Druid" or "Shaman" more suits this character, imao.

ParadoxicalOmen
20th Feb 2016, 00:38
Why this is a Beastmaster without any actual beasts at his control ? I mean, why we even should call him a Beastmaster then? Bcz he is transforming to a goose? Even "Druid" or "Shaman" more suits this character, imao.

Indeed it's a bit strange...cause he doesn't control any beasts (as would be expected of a beast-master), rather he shifts/transforms into one.
Unless it's some weird magic, where he does some form of pact with the creature he transforms into...e.g. a blood pact, resulting into being able to transform into the creature you "pacted" with...

Kootkha
20th Feb 2016, 03:02
Even if so, he is not a master to a beast he transforms to. The whole need to conclude the PACT between them at least speaks for their equality. Bane was a druid, as I remember. Maybe it would be a bit more logic to rename this character into "druid" or "shaman" ? Btw it is common to many shamanistic cultures and beliefs, when shaman "sings pact" by his rituals with spirits (even with spirits of nature, like animal- souls) that grants him powers he needs.

Ygdrasel
22nd Feb 2016, 22:16
Unless it's some weird magic, where he does some form of pact with the creature he transforms into...e.g. a blood pact, resulting into being able to transform into the creature you "pacted" with...

The lore suggests that it's less a transformation, more a mind swap - indeed, fueled by draining the beast's lifeforce. No sign of a pact though, just a cruel forced exchange.

CoookieJar
24th Feb 2016, 12:54
A quick question regarding the bm skills:
Will chain lightening also hit evading Reavers or disguised Deceivers? And if a Deceiver is hit, will the disguise cancel? 100 damage, even for at best every vamp, doesn't seem nearly as useful as nature's fury.

Da_Wolv
24th Feb 2016, 13:38
A quick question regarding the bm skills:
Will chain lightening also hit evading Reavers or disguised Deceivers? And if a Deceiver is hit, will the disguise cancel? 100 damage, even for at best every vamp, doesn't seem nearly as useful as nature's fury.

Look at the Cooldown though!

CoookieJar
24th Feb 2016, 16:32
Look at the Cooldown though!

Oh, somehow I missed that, thanks. :scratch:
100 extra damage every 4,25 seconds should be annoyance enough.

Ygdrasel
24th Feb 2016, 22:58
Agggh, the waiting... :mad2: Curse you, bugs, you still owe me a chess match with Vorador! :mad:

All the more time to clear some schedule space though.

Vampmaster
25th Feb 2016, 14:56
Apologies if this has alrready been posted, but I just came across these online:

*I used google translate for this, so I may have misinterpreted parts. I've tried to paraphrase.*
Each shell produces 4-6 shots, causing damage separately. Shots spread over distance and apply reduced damage.
1. Repeating Shotgun (rapid-fire), 15 damage points per shot at the same rate as the heavy (I'm not sure which that is) hunter's crossbow and has a clip of 20 shells.
2. Standard Shotgun does 48 damage points per shot and has a clip of 5 shells.
3.Heavy Shotgun does 48 damage points per shot, has high stopping power and a clip of 4 shells.
4. No info.
5. Hunters Shotgun is apparently the league reward, does 35 damage points per shot and has a clip of 7 shells and has a narrower spread.
http://cs633216.vk.me/v633216166/150d1/Xpei70P2Y8o.jpg

http://cs633216.vk.me/v633216166/15092/jZIrtplRP9Y.jpg

http://cs633216.vk.me/v633216166/1509b/C-iI0nkF34c.jpg

http://cs633216.vk.me/v633216166/150a4/x1D_8NJN6TY.jpg

http://cs633216.vk.me/v633216166/150ad/nmkFSJK0Cb4.jpg

http://cs633216.vk.me/v633216166/150c8/cXUsyKUksYs.jpg

ParadoxicalOmen
25th Feb 2016, 23:26
Looks awesome, Vampmaster...thx

Zarxiel93
29th Feb 2016, 11:18
But this damned Beastmaster will be released this week or I will became old waiting him?

Thamior2311
29th Feb 2016, 15:20
But this damned Beastmaster will be released this week or I will became old waiting him?

He said weekS in the stream :(

River_
29th Feb 2016, 16:27
He said weekS in the stream :(

By the time we get the beastmaster update, the keys for ranked season 6 will be in our inventory already... >_>

GenFeelGood
29th Feb 2016, 17:20
Awesome Vampmaster, Thank You.

Does anybody know what the name is for the skin that doesn't have it's face covered?

Halpachino
29th Feb 2016, 17:48
I'd reckon he will be released the end of march start of april

Ygdrasel
2nd Mar 2016, 03:08

Neither. Calm down.

Everyone will just be raging about balance issues once he's out anyway.

JudgeEhud
3rd Mar 2016, 04:35
While I want to play Beastmaster ASAP, I also want to play him without game breaking bugs, so I'm fine with waiting. Could we possibly get another update on how things are going?

ParadoxicalOmen
4th Mar 2016, 02:03
While I want to play Beastmaster ASAP, I also want to play him without game breaking bugs, so I'm fine with waiting. Could we possibly get another update on how things are going?

An update would be nice...
I'm quite eager for BM also.

Oghamsmith
4th Mar 2016, 11:56
A bit of an update for you guys.

As mentioned on the last stream, we had been rabidly trying to crush bugs on a day by day basis for about two and a half weeks; always sprinting to obliterate as many as possible. That works for a certain amount of time. We fixed quite a few issues. However the effectiveness of that frenzied approach began to wear off over time. We bit the bullet and chose to pre-allocate a minimum of a few weeks to really dig down into the nitty gritty of the code and make sure it receives enough attention. So it'll be at least a couple of weeks before the Beastmaster release is ready to rock. It could be longer, but many a proverbial nose is to the grindstone in an effort to hit that goal.

EDIT: Oh, and I do want to let you know that of the shotgun concept art, we chose not to move forward with shotgun 4. The rest of them are in the game (I'm a big fan of the Heavy Shotgun, the recoil is pretty intense, it's a ton of fun to try and control).

Vampmaster
4th Mar 2016, 12:06
A bit of an update for you guys.

As mentioned on the last stream, we had been rabidly trying to crush bugs on a day by day basis for about two and a half weeks; always sprinting to obliterate as many as possible. That works for a certain amount of time. We fixed quite a few issues. However the effectiveness of that frenzied approach began to wear off over time. We bit the bullet and chose to pre-allocate a minimum of a few weeks to really dig down into the nitty gritty of the code and make sure it receives enough attention. So it'll be at least a couple of weeks before the Beastmaster release is ready to rock. It could be longer, but many a proverbial nose is to the grindstone in an effort to hit that goal.

EDIT: Oh, and I do want to let you know that of the shotgun concept art, we chose not to move forward with shotgun 4. The rest of them are in the game (I'm a big fan of the Heavy Shotgun, the recoil is pretty intense, it's a ton of fun to try and control).

Do you think you could clear up the bad translation of the weapon stats that I gave?

Oghamsmith
4th Mar 2016, 13:05
I'll put together an image similar to the ability one at the start of this thread, early next week.

eldavimost
4th Mar 2016, 14:27
This is a very good point that I hope the devs keep in mind, I wish you guys could go over the alchemist melee attack animation too and make it a bit more snappy so it can be used to dodge stuff. I'd say the slow swing from alch is the reason she isn't playd nearly as much as the other classes.. I don't want this to happen to beastmaster too. :'(

Yes, please

Dron1508
4th Mar 2016, 14:31
We bit the bullet and chose to pre-allocate a minimum of a few weeks to really dig down into the nitty gritty of the code and make sure it receives enough attention. So it'll be at least a couple of weeks before the Beastmaster release is ready to rock. It could be longer, but many a proverbial nose is to the grindstone in an effort to hit that goal.

2 months without any fixes ... Hopefully you guys will roll back to the idea of smaller but regular patches. Can't imagine why it was decided to put together lots of stuff and therefore delay it for so long.

ParadoxicalOmen
4th Mar 2016, 21:24
So it'll be at least a couple of weeks before the Beastmaster release is ready to rock. It could be longer, but many a proverbial nose is to the grindstone in an effort to hit that goal.

That's sad news, so I guess we won't get the update at least till about the end of march :hmm:

Yeah, I noticed there was an extra shotgun there (in Vampmaster's pic) which didn't appear in the beast-master video. But im a bit confused...you're saying it's coming later or are you guys not making it? (seemed like the latter)