PDA

View Full Version : Community Q&A

Oghamsmith
8th Feb 2016, 18:47
Hello there everyone!

We’re right in the middle of an extremely busy, and exciting, time for Nosgoth. The Silenced Cathedral is live, the Beastmaster is nearly here and Nosgoth’s release/move out of Early Access is fast approaching. We've been super busy over the last few weeks, and so haven't been able to be as active on the forum as we would like. With so much happening around Nosgoth, we felt it about time to gather up a big heaping pile of community questions, and do our best to answer as many as we can.

We’ll answer some of the most pressing questions on our next Community live stream (which we’re tentatively targeting for sometime either this or next week), so that you can ask follow-up questions in chat. If we don’t get to answer your question on the live stream, we’ll try to answer as many of them as we can in the forum.

To try and make sure that everyone has a chance to ask their questions, please limit the number of questions that you ask to no more than 10.

Please bear in mind that there may be some questions that we won’t be able to answer for various reasons, but we’ll do our best to cover most.

So, without further ado; please feel free to start popping your questions down below!

GenFeelGood
8th Feb 2016, 19:29
1) Are you still planning to release the Beastmaster this week?

2) Are you going to offer a class bundle for the Beastmaster in the store?

3) We've seen the youtube video showing off the skins (very cool), is there anyway we could get the names and/or lore behind them?

4) Is there a customization component, like it is with the Vanguard's Shield?

5) What can I do while I'm a raptor?

Thank You

Gugulug5000
8th Feb 2016, 19:33
Starting with the one that is probably most likely to be asked:

1) When are the Rahabim expected to be released (a window/estimate is fine)?

2) Are there plans t0 give the Crucible and the Silenced Cathedral unique music?

3) Can we expect the horrible chest system to be changed anytime soon?

4) Any new abilities in the works, and if so which classes are getting them?

5) Has work already begun on the next map, and are there any detail you can share if so?

6) Any chance at a proper single player LoK title set in the era of Nosgoth (or any era for that matter)?

I'll go ahead and end it there. Six questions already feels like a lot to me. Please just make sure to give us a little bit of a heads up about when the stream will be.

Da_Wolv
8th Feb 2016, 19:38
1) Will you ever adress the (STILL!) pressing concerns in ranked?
(Talking about point gain, matchmaking, rewards... all of it. I like little to nothing about ranked tbh)

2) What is your strategy to finally move all those eager ranked players into ESL? (trick question)

3) Are there any new abilities planned for the existing classes to 'shake up the meta' a little?

4) When will something be done about the items and droprate?
All you get now are FX items w/o stats, while at the same time you get no new MIs to level, which you also need to gain Relic Shards to enchant/reforge and recharge.
Will we finally be able to give our FX abilities some stats?

5) Trading?

6) Warbands?.. Remember those?

7) Are you aware of/Do you have a plan to fix the recent sound issues with the game?
Sentinels and Tyrants sometimes being compeltely soundless when attacking, hit sounds not playing, and the Vanguard still does no audible sound when attacking, and neither do the axes when they hit your face.

8) Will Noscam be improved soon? With the Stream Team incoming and HOPEFULLY some New ESL Casters (I know, I am reaching far) we really need a better Noscam/Spectator system (which should both feature REAL Player view, Spec HUD minimization, Health bars, score etc)

Zarxiel93
8th Feb 2016, 20:58
1) We know the existence of an artwork of Bloody Survivor for Alchemist, that skin will be avaible in future or it was scrapped?

2)Since the lv max is 50 (and you unlock 1 class every 5 lv), counting Beastmaster and the obvius future Rahabim class, this mean will be others 2 classes?

3)We can hope the drop system of the chest will be changed? The drop of Arcane, Uncanny and Mysterious Weapon/Ability is dumb and NOBODY want them, so the better thing is make the chest with this drops: skins, unique weapons/ability, exotic weapons/ability.

4)Do you think to do the Exalted Vanguard, Prophet and the upcoming Beastmaster skins? (and of corse the Marked Rahabim when it will be released?)

5)I have the impression all Human class have a relationship (relationship=/=worship) with the pillars or their guardian, if this is true I don't understand the connection with Scouts.
1-Hunter=Malek/Conflict
2-Alchemist=Anarcrothe/States
3-Prophet=Azimuth/Dimension
4-Vanguard=Mortanius/Death (even if they don't have nothing to do with Mortanius they are much connected with death, their decal, their name, their lore, ecc...)
5-Beastmaster=Bane/Nature
6-Scout=?

6)When will be released the trading system?

7)Do you think to release other Bloody Victor/Survivor skins or their counterpart for vampire?

R3dLine237
8th Feb 2016, 21:06
1) Will you make the server location a player's choice in league? As in Nam or EU? We get stuff like 1-2 NA players and the rest EU but all in a NA server... WHY?!

2)Why make the system 2-man party maximum and not full 4 stack? Most times i get a friend that's good, reliable and beside him i get players who just started the game 50 hours maybe less, WHY?! I mean i would never choose them to be in my team so why force them upon older players? I must compensate every game with my friend the lack of damage the newer players don't do and end up doing 15k or more as human and around 18-20k as vampire otherwise we just lose.

3)Will you change the IN-GAME player playing TDM - Valeholm or w/e into something like Player in game -> Round 1 or 2 and time left? instead of making us ask every time when will they finish?

4) In-game friend system? Hopes and dreams or possible reality?

5) Will there be any change in the scout perk and build that can outrun anything in the game?

6) It's been already asked but sure i will repeat... will there be more significant drops in MIs? I mean nobody has infinite forge regents, or will the regents drop more often or even chests with regents?

7) Will the chests system ever change? I mean i opened like 8 chests from Halloween time still got many all i really want are the banners and the hunter skin why all those items? I can't even enchant them

8) Will skins ever have a significant change? Like not just a small piece of clothing and colors to differentiate it but something more awesome also maybe add something like taunts/humiliations like when you kill and succeed or fail.

9) In-game voice communication would definitely help this, further in the game where human side rarely misses a shot coop with teammates as vamps will definitely help a lot

10) Maybe make a training groud where you just shoot bolas and have vamps come at you or just fly so you can train your shooting/abilities with either human or vamps? This would help new and veteran players also.

Cheers on caring! :)

Halpachino
8th Feb 2016, 21:06
1 Balance changes, reaver has been unanimously deemed underpowered

2 ability changes and perk changes, there are so many abilities that are just not viable and lackluster id like to see these re-tweaked so people have more of an arsenal to play around with.
Also some perks need to be changed or nerfed eg scouts V8 engine perk, prophets take all the damage perk or sentinels do more damage perk cause an instant 400 dmg skill was not enough.

3 fixing outstanding issues, since alpha stairs have been the natural enemy of vampires which seem to feed on shockwaves, jump attacks and air strikes. Please for the love of god allow shockwaves to travel upstairs and fix the problem with slight elevations negating damage.

4 More bug fixes, there were less bugs in starship troopers, i can still hear the footsteps of cloned deceivers when they die.

5 Ranked, See many other posts for salt and details

6 A longshot but ill ask anyway. The desgin and implementation of the summoner and vangaurd is bad bad bad bad. Most veteran players hate them and they are never used in competitive play.
I feel that no matter what you do with them they will never be good unless the get a big redesign

FischioTigre
8th Feb 2016, 21:55
These are my question, something has been already asked:

1) will we ever seen a trade system for items?

2) Are there plans to give the Crucible and the Silenced Cathedral unique music?

3) are you already thinking about a next map (only asking if you know already what will be the location)?

4) are you already working on the rahabim class?

5) have you ever considered the idea of adding the "dead sun" demo (without fixing any bug, only for give a try to fans) that we have seen on youtube, into Nosgoth?

6) will the classes of nosgoth be 14 in total, at the end (due to the level 50 that is the highest level we can reach)? If is that so,What direction will you take once you have added one of each vampire clan representative classes? Will you keep adding more within same clan, or create a Kain representative class?

7) have you ever considered the idea of implementing bots, for example for let players train in lobbies or for future special game mode, something like horde mode?

Thank you

Vampmaster
8th Feb 2016, 22:50
1) I'd like to know whatever happened to this:
"Another previously-announced Forge feature, upgrading Arcane items into Mysterious items, will also be added. We'll have more on these updates prior to their release."
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-state-of-play-august-2015

2) Will there be more for-gold skins in the colour scheme of the Relic Hunter Ashen Torturer, War Cultist and Cager of Souls? I want a complete set! Same goes for Exaulted Skins, will there be ones for the Prophet, Vanguard and Beastmaster and Marked Rahabim, although I really wish they relied on RNG a lot less.

3) What is (was?) the "Greater War for Nosgoth" discussed early in development?

4) Can we get more customisation to the skins? I know they can't be modified, but you can attach small things like masks for the Reavers and tattoos for the Tyrants right?

5) Can we get more variety on the Tyrants and Sentinels? Those two in particular seem very samey. (Samey within their own classes, I don't mean the classes themselves look the same). Maybe look into other aspects of their personality/culture that haven't been covered yet.

6) Can the artists talk a bit about the inspirations for the character and map designs? Maybe that could be a seperate Q&A from this since it would equate to a lot of questions, but say if it could be arranged.

7) Why doesn't Team vs AI count as multiplayer? It still involves multiple players and would add a much needed change of pace.

8) Any plans for long term challange system? Like the daily one recently mentioned in the state of play, but like rarer items that take longer to unlock?

9) Will you take into account the vampire's evolutionary paths when choosing new abilities? They don't have to be the exact same thing as SR1, but heading in that direction. For example, telekinisis for the Turelim doesn't have to mean projectiles and the Zephonim should have something involving wall crawling or insects.

10) Would you add single key shortcuts, so that it's faster to trigger the ping commands and so that a few of them can be available from the gamepad.

I'd also like to second the questions others asked about the Rahabim (Is it definately the next vampire class?), the soundtracks for the Crucible and Silenced Cathedral, trading system and warbands.

Suggestion: Kurt used things like cardboard instruments and inverted animal sounds in the original SR1 sound track. Maybe include something like that. Plus scurrying and quiet cackling in the Cathedral.

EDIT: Summoner and Vanguard are pretty good, IMO. I suppose the Vanguard could use a bit more variation in colour.

EDIT 2: Regarding 5, it would be nice to see more of the Sentinels former glory and the Tyrant's industrial background show in the skins. A few tyrants with the ears starting to grow would give the heads more variation...
http://gray-philosophy.deviantart.com/art/Nosgoth-Fanart-Tyrant-Blacksmith-Alternate-575556927

Ysanoire
9th Feb 2016, 01:44
Some of these answers may be classified, but here goes:

1) It has been said that matchmaking in leagues is based on mmr. Is this the same mmr as in casual or do they change independently?

[edit] 1a) if they change independently, what happens to it at the beginning of a season, does it carry over?

2) Is the number of league points you get based on the opponents' rank or mmr?

3) It was said bonus points are gained at a rate of x per hour. How much is x atm? Or maybe it changed and it's a different system altogether?

Khalith
9th Feb 2016, 03:36
I have a few:

1. Any chance at a map with snow? Not too picky on where, I just want snow!

2. How about a killcam? It would be nice having the option so you can see how exactly you got hit.

3. Will there be any chance at keys dropping from matches?

4. Any possibility of allowing us to reroll ALL stats on an MI instead of just one set?

5. Any chance at lowering mat cost for the forge or increasing drop rate of the higher tier crafting mats?

6. Can we have a sound test option for all the various quotes and music?

7. Any news on co-op mode against bots?

8. When you go to the pre-spawn stage of a match you don't appear where you'll spawn on the map and the jump from that screen to the actual spawn is a little disorienting at times, any way to address that?

9. Will the lobbies get a way to re-balance teams if one group did much better than the other rather than leaving the teams static if no one leaves?

10. How about a voiceover effect if you perform well? Say get 5 kills without dying and a VO from the clan leader would play.
Tyrant gets 5 kills, Turel says, "the Turelim will crush every last human!"
Hunter gets 5 an Ironguard officer says "for the glory of mankind!"

Phobophobian
9th Feb 2016, 08:10
1) I'd like to know whatever happened to this:
"Another previously-announced Forge feature, upgrading Arcane items into Mysterious items, will also be added. We'll have more on these updates prior to their release."
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-state-of-play-august-2015

I think it would be cool if they made that possible. Upgrading Arcane to Myst locks both stats and rolls a VFX.

Da_Wolv
9th Feb 2016, 08:28
7. Any news on co-op mode against bots?

7) Why doesn't Team vs AI count as multiplayer? It still involves multiple players and would add a much needed change of pace.
Most players are not good enough to be challanging. How would you even start to programm bots?
Human Bots, maybe - purely by virtue of literally having an aimbot - but Vampire Bots I doubt will be much of a menace.

10) Would you add single key shortcuts, so that it's faster to trigger the ping commands and so that a few of them can be available from the gamepad.

^This has been said before and should happen! Theres no reason to not let us use the pings right from the number keys, without C. C can still stay in, so you can view which is which.

1) It has been said that matchmaking in leagues is based on mmr. Is this the same mmr as in casual or do they change independently?

2) Is the number of league points you get based on the opponents' rank or mmr?

3) It was said bonus points are gained at a rate of x per hour. How much is x atm? Or maybe it changed and it's a different system altogether?

Yes. All this needs to be either clarified, or, as I sugested, tossed away and made anew from scratch :whistle:

enkaku-silence-
9th Feb 2016, 09:10
4) Is there a customization component, like it is with the Vanguard's Shield?

It would be so cool if there were separate skins for the flying form. Is this a thing?

Vampmaster
9th Feb 2016, 10:44
Most players are not good enough to be challanging. How would you even start to programm bots?
Human Bots, maybe - purely by virtue of literally having an aimbot - but Vampire Bots I doubt will be much of a menace.

I was imagining more of a horde mode rather than than TDM-with-bots. The challenge comes from the increased numbers of enemies and in horde/survival modes I've seen, you get limits on the number of lives, no mid-wave respawns and sometimes you incapacitate for a time before you die, giving enemies a chance to heal you. Also, there are lots of games that have had AI using melee attacks.

I'm sure some players are here exclusively for the competitive PvP, which is certainly Nosgoth's main selling point, but I'd expect most people would also enjoy other types of challenge too. Team vs AI would offer that, while still requiring cooperation to succeed.

It would be so cool if there were separate skins for the flying form. Is this a thing?

By extension, the Summoner's ghouls could have alternate skins too.

Nurgor
9th Feb 2016, 12:17
1.) When do u guys plan to improve matchmaking, so that at least 3 out of 5 matches are enjoyable instead of 1/2 out of 5 ?
2.) Will you ever incorporate Experience measured through hours played into matchmaking?
3.) What are your future plans with chests, as they obviously dont fullfill any meaning/reason atm?
4.) How exactly do you plan to advertise Nosgoth, once it comes out, so that we finally get a normal number of players?

P.S.: pls dont ignore matchmaking related questions anymore... its very very annoying

Shikei001
9th Feb 2016, 15:23
1. The last balance update was months ago.. Will the current problems every be adressed ?
(Example: Reaver quite underwhelming, Sentinel best dps + instant 400 dmg skill and long range 350 dmg skill + only +dmg Talent, etc.)

2. Is the "feature" that you are able to Ping an invisible Deceiver really intended ?

3. Certain bugs are in this game for months and have been reported multiple times, will they be adressed?
(Deceiver Illusions doing foodsteps after they have died, Senti/Tyrant not making a sound if they start their skill from behind a wall, etc.)

4. Why is the Alchemist Cannon in the Treasure of the Lost the only Alchemist Cannon with + clip size ?
(Either make this stat aviable to all, or get rid of that weapon.. some could argue that this weapon is pay to win..)

5. Will there ever be a reevaluation of the inventory ?
(Atm the more items you have the less fluend is the game performance... This forces me to delete or open every chest I drop !)

Wolf_the_Legend
9th Feb 2016, 17:58
1. what reasons potentially could lead to the failure of the game?

ParadoxicalOmen
9th Feb 2016, 18:41
1) When will the new Sentinel ability be released? Also on the same topic, are there plans for creating new abilities for existing classes?

2) Are there any plans for game fixing patches (in other words, balance and bug patches)?

Vanguard still can't block while reloading, and some abilities need re-working (like Judgment)

3) Are there any plans for making a coop game mode? (players vs AI)

snejjjj
9th Feb 2016, 18:48
1) Will there be a fix of this "balanced" "unbalanced" problems in ranked? It happens that matches are cancled with a score of 5:5, and it happens that my team lost 04:34 without being cancled by "unbalance".
2) Will there every be fix of the reload bug?
3) Will there be better option/config tuning possibilities for more fps?
4) Rework inventory, forge, trading and banner pls.
5) Can you include "last ranked season placement" to players mmr when a new league starts?
6) Will there ever be nosgoth public profils, like in battlefield f.e., that everyone can see hours, skills, deaths
7) Will there ever be a vote system?
8) Will there ever be a option to mute players and chat?
9) Rework ingame communication
10) Some weapons, abilities, or classes are still not worth to use. Will u rework them?
11) Warband name reservation? LOL
12) Option for crosshair, so players dont need to install overwolf
13) Do something for preventing players to switch their nicknames every 5 seconds
14)
15)
16) Bug fixes

Da_Wolv
9th Feb 2016, 20:07
5) Can you include "last ranked season placement" to players mmr when a new league starts?

No. If you placed Eternal and a new League starts, you should move up the ranks like everyone else. It might be unbalanced at the start, when everyone is starting out in Silver, but the alternative is making it harder for good players to move up to higher ranks, because they constantly have to face off against other good players in the beginning, while 'undeserving' people move up at the same rate or even quicker.
You should be pared with people from your CURRENT rank - not your MMR

Trippy_manee
9th Feb 2016, 21:03
I have a lot of questions to ask, but they have already been asked already or something similar.
1) My only question is, WHAT are you guys going to do about the fact that someone with 100 hours can play ranked?

- I feel like you should be max level and have atleast 3 max level characters on both human and vampire side to even be able to que into ranked. Ranked shouldnt be accessible to everyone, only players who have learned the game, know the ins and outs, that just want to compete for ranking. Many games wont even allow players to join ranked until level 20 or 30 which takes months to even get that level playing constantly. I dont think it needs to be that extreme but in the same sense these games which are very successful have a system, which is that every player thats playing ranked pretty much knows exactly how to play in a competitive way at that game.

Vampmaster
9th Feb 2016, 21:28
Skill has far more to do with aim, reflexes, observation, and predicting movement of other players than knowing the game. People who have years of practice in professional tournements will always own someone who merely "knows the game".

If you want to measure skill, base it on damage given&taken per spawn. It may not count harassing and buffs and stuff, but it's a much better approximation that hours player or W/L ratio.

Trippy_manee
9th Feb 2016, 21:37
I feel like you arent getting the point Vamp. Im not saying someone thats has those qualifications or "knows the game" is good or a skilled player. I am saying that person is able to be carried because atleast they know how to do the basics. for instance, one ranked match I played, the first first match was 30-12. that would be considered a easy win in my book. But we lost, and the last player on our team went 1-12 with 1200 damage. he admitted he has only played about 10 matches total. So like i said, you arent getting the point. Pros, Cons whatever there is only one acceptable fix, to get players that dont belong in ranked, out of ranked.

Ygdrasel
10th Feb 2016, 00:37
I feel like you should be max level and have atleast 3 max level characters on both human and vampire side to even be able to que into ranked.

Say on average, some guy goes 1-12 with 1200 damage. Eventually, via sheer amount of playtime, he achieves all of your criteria. But somehow, his actual play is still unimproved and now he's in ranked where he clearly does not "belong". So your criteria is not actually solving your problem. To get players that don't belong out of ranked requires a more reliable standard.

Ygdrasel
10th Feb 2016, 00:54
1) Also on the same topic, are there plans for creating new abilities for existing classes?

2) Are there any plans for game fixing patches (in other words, balance and bug patches)?

Vanguard still can't block while reloading, and some abilities need re-working (like Judgment)

3) Are there any plans for making a coop game mode? (players vs AI)

All of this, plus when is the Rahabim coming? (And after it's here, are there any plans for new classes within the clans?)

CountEyokir
10th Feb 2016, 08:17
1) - can we have a lore tab with relevant background information on classes, clans, maps, locations, statues, items, weapons etc before out of beta release? Please? We'll be happy to do the writing up of stuff for you.

2) Rahabim. Nuff said

Vampmaster
10th Feb 2016, 11:20
1) - can we have a lore tab with relevant background information on classes, clans, maps, locations, statues, items, weapons etc before out of beta release? Please? We'll be happy to do the writing up of stuff for you.

2) Rahabim. Nuff said

Unless of course there's something more elaborate planned for 1.

This type of interactive map would be great to have for Nosgoth:
http://uk.ign.com/maps/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain/afghanistan?%20hub%20page&utm_content=9
Imagine all those little dots linking to the lore pages about each area. Also, player's and warband's stats for each area and whatever the greater war for Nosgoth is and who controls each territory both lore wise and gameplay wise.

lucinvampire
10th Feb 2016, 13:07
1. More game modes and/or are the current ones going to get into a more regular rotation/present all the time?

2. Is Nosgoth going to be attending any events this year?

3. Are there any plans for new merchandise coming out?

…I’ll stop there so I just don’t repeat the same questions others have already asked.

Trippy_manee
10th Feb 2016, 13:15
Yeah youre right, there is always going to be that guy that just puts in time and doesnt lean anything about the game. But I would feel better knowing that the chance of me getting that guy is slim to none compared to now where you almost always get matched up with someone that just downloaded the game. Like I told vamp, you arent getting it either. a new player shouldnt be in ranked, they should be in TDM with other new players and let the more experienced players play ranked, until they become an experienced player. Like I also said before, there is no pro's or con's to this argument, new players need to be out of ranked so the players that have put the time in can enjoy a friendly competition in ranked.

Grisamentum
10th Feb 2016, 14:52
1) I'd like to know about the music for The Crucible & Silenced Cathedral. I actually offered to do it for free but got no response. Is there going to be any new music at all?

2) I'll second Lucin's merc question. Those Reaver t shirts were ok but Deceivers & Sentinels look way better. Is there going to be any more merchandise?

Bafunary
11th Feb 2016, 01:57
I am not sure if this was asked before, but will the Exalted skins for Prophet and Vanguard ever be available ??

Farnbeak
11th Feb 2016, 15:54
1) When will the game have its 'release'? Approx. - is it this year and if so is it more like 15th of December or autumn release is possible?

2) What features/milestones are somewhat safe to say are in the plans to get done by that realease date?

3) Is Ranked Mode design to be changed to become mostly reflective of ingame skill (like in many other games) by release or is the current system fine and intended to stay? (With current system based around 'Activity' - Number of matches played - a significant factor contributing to the Ranked Score)

4) Will Ranked Mode have a separate Matchmaking algorithm or MMR values for players in the future or will those stay universal across modes?

5) Are abilities, item perks, talents intended to be all viable and somewhat equally useful in the end of development or does Nosgoth design accept some of them being inferior? (Like in TCG/CCG games' design you can have strictly inferior cards)

6) Are any of those abilities, item perks, talents we have now (before BM implementation) to be rebalanced before release?

7) Will there be a public list of 'known bugs'/'features tbd' like in other games - that we could keep track of? Like seeing bugs gloriously crossed out with updates, also seeing reported ones getting acknowledged and added there. Maybe even see the priorities with highlights or the order of mention. That would create a deep sense of feedback and development progression for us - the fans.
I'd also prefer the informativeness of that format to the State Of Plays.

8) Will the new reward system allow some acummulation and control? Like to have up to N 'quests' and replace 1 'quest' each day as in some other games? That would also be nice if players could try to maximise some sort of reward like a resource they need (Relic Shard anyone?) effectively making the game economy a little more flexible and smoothening the RNG deficiencies. But that would need the ability to see the exact reward you'd get from the start (not the chest full random content).

9) Will the new reward system have longer term tasks (like achievements) possible for unique rewards like a skin or cosmetics?

10) Will the desktop launcher app be mandatory after its full release if I want to keep playing with steam? (I'm still having issues with it)

Gilgamesz1
11th Feb 2016, 15:55
Just one question:
1. WHY SASCHA VYKOS IS BANNED?????!!!!! >(

SquirrelInDaSky
11th Feb 2016, 16:45
1)What is the point of ESL cups if noone watches them? Part of the reason why e-sports exist is because its a good way to make people interested in the game, motivate them to get better, and let them have fun watching the matches. Right now, you are just giving money away without getting anything in return. What is the plan here?
2)The game needs to be advertised better. It's an amazing game, with a unique concept, but the playerbase is minimal. What do you think of scratching the 10.000$ leagues and investing the money in lets say, a way to tell people that this game actually exists?
3)Will there be any way to mute players in chat/voice chat? Toxic players are bad for community building.

Ysanoire
22nd Feb 2016, 15:07
So, is this stream gonna happen?

I'm curious about community steams in general. The December state of play mentioned that they would be more frequent, but there was literally one this year. I hope it hasn't been forgotten.

Oghamsmith
22nd Feb 2016, 17:21
Hey there,

The next stream had been planned to coincide with the approximate deployment date of the game update that we're currently working on. We had planned to have one of our designers on the stream as well, to help with answering some of the more detail oriented questions. As this update has been delayed on a number of occasions, so too has our stream.

However! These questions have been sitting here unanswered for a little longer than I would like. SO. After having a bit of a chat with Psyonix_Ryan, he had I have decided to run a different stream independent of the update. It'll just be the two of us, no designer, but we'll answer as many of the questions as it makes sense for us to. We'll leave some of the more specific topics to a future stream with a designer.

We'll have more details about the stream, later this week :).

Zarxiel93
22nd Feb 2016, 17:41
You said the update will be released the 23 (Tomorrow), this is still true or will be posticipate again?

Dron1508
22nd Feb 2016, 17:44
Really sounds like patch is gonna happen gods know when.

Vampmaster
22nd Feb 2016, 17:54
You said the update will be released the 23 (Tomorrow), this is still true or will be posticipate again?

It sounded like it would have been a rush to even get it done for today, but the update makes it look like the Q&A will be at the end of this week or early next week and the patch won't be out until some time after that.

I mean there's only one week of league left, so they might as well wait until that's out of the way, but if the Q&A isn't until then, the patch might take even longer.

Endsequenz
22nd Feb 2016, 18:20
1) are there any plans, for a mode you can only que single and don´t grp up in 3 or 4 stacks and tryhard all day?

2)are the weapons that cannot be enchanted, for example witchfire or the ghostly effect, or the first unique weapons, ever gonna be fixed in so far, that you can enchant them at least?

3)is there going to be one, a bit stronger weapon from boxes ,every new series from now on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally would be totally fine with a triple yes here.
I just want to be clear in what is going to happen, to maybe know if I just throw away 1/3 of my inventory / to know how much gold I invest in a weopon of a class I don´t play to often and don´t just look stupid, because the next series might bring a box with a weapon that I might want even more.
I also think a single mode can be good for this multiplayer game, it just depends how you do that (maybe just a few limited games a week or something like that, to get ...whatever). It surely will be better to reach to whole bandwidth of players (especially for noobs and casuals or just ppl that don´t feel like playing with somebody all the time) instead of having them slayed or forced to search for a long time in tdm to just have a relaxed game.

Oghamsmith
22nd Feb 2016, 18:42
When I last mentioned the game update I did mentioned that if things went well, I had hoped that we would be able to get the update out by tomorrow.

Unfortunately this won't be the case. These outstanding bugs are indeed proving to be trickier than initially feared. Time is all that's required to get the fixes in place, so that's what we're giving this next update. I'm not quite sure HOW MUCH time will be required so I can't give you an updated ETA. It's definitely better that we give the build the right amount of time to be ready to rock, rather than force it out the door unfinished just to hit a date. Overall, I'm pleased that that's the route we're taking.

River_
22nd Feb 2016, 20:33
When I last mentioned the game update I did mentioned that if things went well, I had hoped that we would be able to get the update out by tomorrow.

Unfortunately this won't be the case. These outstanding bugs are indeed proving to be trickier than initially feared. Time is all that's required to get the fixes in place, so that's what we're giving this next update. I'm not quite sure HOW MUCH time will be required so I can't give you an updated ETA. It's definitely better that we give the build the right amount of time to be ready to rock, rather than force it out the door unfinished just to hit a date. Overall, I'm pleased that that's the route we're taking.

Sure, but next time, be sure to seperate the league prices from a big upcomming update. I get that you want to release everything at once, but letting us wait for nearly a month to get our league prices is just annoying and demotivating. And if the new ability was releashed, and not polished, then you could've polished it with the beastmaster update...

HugoDuck
22nd Feb 2016, 23:05
1) are there any plans, for a mode you can only que single and don´t grp up in 3 or 4 stacks and tryhard all day?

I think this could potentially make the game much more enjoyable for a lot of people

ParadoxicalOmen
23rd Feb 2016, 00:50
I think this could potentially make the game much more enjoyable for a lot of people

Yeah...they should make an AI game mode...

Coop in this game just sounds wonderful...battling hoards of vampires (as humans);
Or playing some form of infiltration mode, to seize control of a town...taking out the tower watchers to get inside etc (as vampires)

Endsequenz
23rd Feb 2016, 05:59
Well I didn´t meant a mode against AI.
That´s a matter of taste. If enough ppl are up for it, fine, I am not against it.
But I think modes like that can get boring very fast, especially if you don´t have the time to update them alot, to bring new stuff in.
It would cause a lot of work, and nobody knows if that is worth.

I wanna keep playing online, I love playing against other ppl that might smash their keyboard.
With limited single games, there don´t have to be any big changes.
Maybe a small reward is fine too, like top 100 get a free box or a banner that just shows the single-season and your placement in the top 100.

Stacks are a big problem in this game. Yes sure, it is a multiplayer game. But with such a few ppl, it is just no fun to have them in every mode. Also it is a problem in things like growing.
What will happen next week, when league is closed for a while. The number of players will drop down by half of the amount (maybe not this time, cuz they will bring in a new class).
Tdm is more populated when league is open, because a lot of ppl wanna just queue and have some fun games.
It is not possible for them then, because there will be a lot of stacks again, who then will dodge the even better stacks.
So you will have a stack in almost every lobby again.

There has to be something that attracts single players. If you just limit the amount of games you can play single, it will be better for everybody. If your, for example 10 games a week are played, it doesn´t means that all of them will intant stop playing. But it will be a good diversification for them...and a good way for new players to get into the game and also have some fun, as recruit mode surely is dead.
When their few single games are done, they can still think about going against stacks or stack up theirselfes. Most of them will still want to play.

AntiqueGod
23rd Feb 2016, 11:24
1. Will you ever add steam inventory + marketplace on steam. So we can sell our goodies?
2. Trade system via steam?
3. In-game trade system?
4. Possibly adding any FX effects for any weapon/ability?
5. What about advesting game? We need more players.
6. What about warbands?
7. More maps with different biomes like snow and desert?
8. Training lobby with bots and custom map?
9. Better inventory and store UI&UX?

Psyonix_Ryan
23rd Feb 2016, 21:58
5) Trading?

6) Warbands?.. Remember those?

We've addressed these both in the past numerous times, but we can talk about these again right now. Trading and Warbands are not currently in development or the planning stage for Nosgoth. Never say never, but not right now.

Vampmaster
23rd Feb 2016, 22:35
Those aren't league reward items. The Exalted Skins are chest items, but there aren't any for Prophet or Vanguard so far.

If we *were* talking about league rewards, we would have asked about the bloody survivor (not victor) alchemist that was supposed to be available from the store, but was changed to a chest item, and then never even put in any chest.

Psyonix_Ryan
24th Feb 2016, 23:48
Oops, you are correct, I was thinking about the other ones at the time. We'll have to look into what the plans are for the other skins.

SonixSquad
25th Feb 2016, 00:14
If they did add a single player AI mode (or even coop AI mode), I would like to be able to farm materials for crafting. That would make sense IMO.
May have been asked already.

1> Would you consider adding a single or coop player versus AI mode?
2> Will you add additional means to gather materials or look at increasing the drop rate for Shards?

tempestzx
25th Feb 2016, 01:08
1) Why does lowering your fps for sentinel still allowed to effect your gameplay? It increases your flight speed as well as makes it easier to wall boost. Is there a fix planned for this?

2) Has there been any discussion about a puncture nerf? There are too many frames where the puncture itself does damage, allowing people to 180 degree puncture people.

3) Why is Power Shot allowed to stop tyrant charges? Aren't beastmasters enough of a counter to tyrants as is?

Vampmaster
14th Mar 2016, 17:07
Hey there,

The next stream had been planned to coincide with the approximate deployment date of the game update that we're currently working on. We had planned to have one of our designers on the stream as well, to help with answering some of the more detail oriented questions. As this update has been delayed on a number of occasions, so too has our stream.

However! These questions have been sitting here unanswered for a little longer than I would like. SO. After having a bit of a chat with Psyonix_Ryan, he had I have decided to run a different stream independent of the update. It'll just be the two of us, no designer, but we'll answer as many of the questions as it makes sense for us to. We'll leave some of the more specific topics to a future stream with a designer.

We'll have more details about the stream, later this week :).

Now that the Beastmaster is ready, does that mean you can do the stream with the designers or have you covered everything you wanted to for the time being? Would you rather save it for when the Rahabim class is further into development or would you do both?

Ska-Ara
14th Mar 2016, 17:34
1. Why do you guys make Leagues with special unique prices for top 2 leagues.. but give the priczes much much later ( i won blood 1 in league 4.0 and still have not the prize)

2. could you guys implent more gore effects? the game is already bloody but it would be much cooler with some more gore effects like lost limps and such stuff

3. why does raziel looks pretty cool (as human and as vampire/ghost) and the sentinel pretty ugly in every skin?

4. could you guys implent a test mode.. or an npc mode to test new abilities and tactics?

5. what do u want to do against the bad matchmaking?

6. do u guys plan to use ingame gold for buying keys and skins?

7. could you pls fix ur launcher... when i close it with the small x on the right corner i want to close the WHOLE launcher..
if i want to minimize it.. then i just press the MINIMIZE button.
dont fool the ppl with pusing x and let the launcher in the background.. thats just to push the "active" gamer stats

8. could you guys pls do more patchlogs when u update your game? at this moment i download a 2.4 gb patch .. and there is no patchlog in steam or this forum. pretty much uncool

Duflux
14th Mar 2016, 18:40
7. could you pls fix ur launcher... when i close it with the small x on the right corner i want to close the WHOLE launcher..
if i want to minimize it.. then i just press the MINIMIZE button.
dont fool the ppl with pusing x and let the launcher in the background.. thats just to push the "active" gamer stats

I second this question for the Q&A.