PDA

View Full Version : favorite cutom level

Chronicles5
2nd Jul 2002, 14:07
if you choose 'other' please specify below. ;)

Collin
2nd Jul 2002, 14:19
Without a doubt: the Hidden Garden Series! It had atmosphere, very nice gameplay, great puzzles,... In short: everything I look for in a custom game.

Chronicles5
2nd Jul 2002, 14:24
I agree 100% :D:D
Serpentine Gorge was the best level I'd played in a while.

Chronicles5
2nd Jul 2002, 16:05
I just realized I posted this in the TR Legacy forum, but oh well, it goes just as well here :o

eTux
2nd Jul 2002, 17:00
I'd say Hidden garden Series, since Obsidian Heights impressed me to the bottom, but it is SOOOO full of bugs I stopped playing it.(after another bug in emerald Lakes)

And this is a bit unfair, since I also LOVED The Last Saga3 - Volcano, TLC was nice, Castle Doomsday is marvelous too, and there are many other great custom levels too. But still... CotW has captured my heart, and it still is the best custom level for me without a doubt.

wriggle
2nd Jul 2002, 17:06
With no doubt: Hidden Garden!!!
But for me Celtic Folly is more challenging!

Chronicles5
2nd Jul 2002, 17:07
I agree eTux, but I voted Hidden Garden, those levels are good enough to be in future tr games!! ;)

V_Croft
2nd Jul 2002, 19:57
Hidden Garden without doubt!!!
P.S. i'm going to play Celtic Folly next.
:D

LarzBritsh
2nd Jul 2002, 20:47
I love Tomo's Last Saga series, because it features different locales and it's fairly easy to play. It's never boring because it features exoctic locations like Rome, Volcano, Temples.

troublewolf
2nd Jul 2002, 23:23
I loved COTW..no matter how many times I had to yell for help!
Now...is there a wallkthough for Hidden Garden? :D

Chronicles5
2nd Jul 2002, 23:51
Originally posted by LarzBritsh
I love Tomo's Last Saga series, because it features different locales and it's fairly easy to play. It's never boring because it features exoctic locations like Rome, Volcano, Temples.

mine will be somewhat like that, but nowhere near as good :D
-Training level (Ta Phrom, Angkor Wat)
-Rome/Pompeii
-Peru/Brazil
-Australia/Marquesas
-Japan/China

troublewolf
3rd Jul 2002, 02:30
serious about walkthrough............... :D

wriggle
3rd Jul 2002, 02:44
Originally posted by troublewolf
Now...is there a wallkthough for Hidden Garden? :D
As I know there's no walkthrough for HG and Celtic Folly!
You need to call for HELP!!!!!! ;)

Chronicles5
3rd Jul 2002, 18:20
well, inchdix is on this forum, but use pm ;)

Drew
5th Jul 2002, 00:23
Every custom level i played has its own unique merits --- COTW for its unique textures, concept, difficult moves; TLC for it's very good gameplay; Imhotep for its jokes :D; Jon's HG series for its brilliant non-linear gameplay (and its so flexible, i mean he can keep building it up with his next! hint: that's an encore Jon :D)); Necropolis of Seth for the Quake textures and flying skeletons; Hokolo's Twilight and Deep in the Jungle series for their suspenseful gameplay; and i could go on and on. It's difficult to single out one favorite.

Right now (and if anyone played this, pls help!), i'm playing Ito's Meganebashi. It's so darn difficult (right from the first move :( I mean, there are no flat floors! you could get stuck just walking :) as there are triangle squares everywhere. Dying seems a prerequisite just to discover your next move. Oh well...

@Con, i know you're serious :) Play HG series and we'll help you! With Wixer,wriggle and Jon (Author) on here, you're in good hands.

troublewolf
5th Jul 2002, 02:51
I think I will play Saudi after Atlantis 3...but will keep HG in mind. Thanks guys!:D

Chronicles5
5th Jul 2002, 11:05
does anyone know where I can get Saudi in one file??? I've only fpund it in like 7 seperate folders and I don't really wat to do that.... :confused: thanx

troublewolf
5th Jul 2002, 15:15
I don't think it comes in one file..too big. download each file, one at a time, unzip them to one folder before installing. I had to do it for Atlantis 3 but it wasn';t too hard. And I think Saudi is 14 disks. Good luck.

the_internet_king
7th Jul 2002, 09:14
im not sure wot seris it woz in but i liked the level called LOST PALACES it was really good and the atmosheres and game play woz really good almost like the origanals :rolleyes: ;) :D

the_internet_king
7th Jul 2002, 09:22
could any 1 give me the adress of a site that i could download the SAUDIA ARABIA levels from plz?!:D

Drew
7th Jul 2002, 14:41
played the older release. DNF is improving it. think he is on here. hope he gives you the new site for the remastered version with the walkthrough.

troublewolf
7th Jul 2002, 15:21
I downloaded most of it from: www.laras-levelbase.org
then search for Saudi Arabia. It's 14 disk long but I found that easier to download then 77MB!:D

the_internet_king
7th Jul 2002, 17:29
thx troblewolf i think ill put it on a zip disk lol:cool:

Sugar Sprinkled Starfish
7th Jul 2002, 18:15
I like Lara's Costal Home.

JunoJIm
10th Jul 2002, 04:01
SSS - you're still missing 999, but that's close enough to stop most people...

shanedj
10th Jul 2002, 12:53
Did they ever release any of these additional levels on the playstation versions! i never got to grips with playing it on the pc! coulnt work the controls on the keyboard. it just aint the same as the playstation pad!

fourletterword
11th Jul 2002, 14:51
Originally posted by troublewolf
I loved COTW..no matter how many times I had to yell for help!

./I agree with you. 100% :)

troublewolf
11th Jul 2002, 14:58
no, COTW is just for the pc-they are levels created by fans-not CORE

Blu_online
13th Jul 2002, 13:32
I like Tomb Raider Tokyo and Hidden Garden Series (Obsidian Heights it’s very ‘nice’ although it’s full of bugs) … but no doubt : my favorite is COTW (TR-A series) :D :D :D : I love it http://www.videogame.it/emoticons/images2/082.gif ... it’s a masterpiece (story, gameplay, atmosphere, textures, objects, sounds, enemies, technorganic style, Lara...)

http://www.tombraiders.it/public/cotw.jpg

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!” :D … I wish, I need the entire Tomb Raider A!!! pls psikooooooo :)

troublewolf
13th Jul 2002, 15:31
meant:they were not created by core so won't be out on playstation....

Blu_online
13th Jul 2002, 17:21
Troublewolf :D eheheh.. forgive me ;) :) !!! I had understood what you saying in your post (“no, COTW is just for the pc-they are levels created by fans-not CORE”), but I was joking.. ("not CORE".. mmm ;)) because I think psiko is a level designer who could really work to Core Design :D

troublewolf
14th Jul 2002, 02:19
gotcha!:D

inchdix
14th Jul 2002, 08:23
Blu...... do you mean "bugs" that nip at lara's heels or gameplay "bugs"....... if gameplay bugs, in OH or the series in general........

I would greatly appreciate yourself or anyone else making a list of what you consider to be problems with these levels so that I can update the PRJ's ........ thx

INCH

Blu_online
14th Jul 2002, 20:27
Inch (Jon), nononono :) “bugs” are in the series in general.. On the contrary :).. in OH I have more appreciated the gameplay and your wonderful “style”.. I started playing this level in the evening and I like it from the first minutes.. and I said: “I must absolutely conclude it” :D !!! ... I played all the night and sincerely in the morning I thought to email you immediately, but I fell asleep and then I haven’t thought to this :)

I love OH’s gameplay.. I think is intelligent, not “gratuitous”, amusing... maybe this remember me the non-linear cotw’s gameplay .. The textures, the atmosphere etc are originaly and realized with particular attention, like in the other levels of Hidden Garden, but I prefer OH :)

(ehmm :rolleyes: ... sorry for my possible mistakes, but is the first time that I write in english :p)

Chronicle5
14th Jul 2002, 23:58
Inch, I simply loved everything about Hidden Garden, but the only problem with Obsidian Heights is the wasps in the big area, there are enough to crash the game probably if you didn't kill them all. :D all levels have strengths and weaknesses, just some people make less of them :p. that was particularly aimed at people like psiko, piega, inchdix, etc. :D im working out the weaknesses of my levels right now, it just takes time :) and btw i cant believe there are 14 mirrors of saudi, what about people who have a wicked fast connection and getright? :confused: oh well, i will get all these files when i have spare time, and it had better be worth it :D :p