PDA

View Full Version : Fire Forge glyphs

Binky
2nd Jul 2002, 12:36
Good night/day, everyone...
A question, if I may? Something which has been troubling me for quite a time?

In SR2, in the cutscene when the Fire Forge is activated, there are three glyphs/sigils, which afterwards unite to form the fire sigil around the statue of who looks suspiciously like Raziel. The first one of those looks somewhat like an angel/vampire, the second one is a cross with a circle, and the third one is a stylized human being.

Question 1: What are these/whose are these? Are they anywhere else in the games? I'm sometimes blind for the most obvious things.
Question 2: Do they have any significance, or do they simply look cool?
Follow up:
Question 3: If they are significant: does this mean that apart from being a vampire and a human (however loathe/hate/renounce his human and vampiric heritage he may), Raziel is also still something else? Seeing how the three are united around him?

Any answers?
Thanks.

Power reaver
2nd Jul 2002, 13:39
I think its just for show .;)

darien_specter
2nd Jul 2002, 16:52
I never really looked at them closely enough; I was actually disappointed that the Fire forge had symbols floating around instead of some display of the elemental power, as in the other three. But when I get there again in the next couple days, I'll take a good, close look...

warpsavant
2nd Jul 2002, 17:41
The symbols that appear in the fire forge animation appear all over the place. They are in the Air Forge, Light Forge and I think they are outside the dark forge on that structure there above the killer glitch birds. Probably in the dark forge to, but at this moment I dont recall seeing them IN there, only outside.

Binky
3rd Jul 2002, 12:04
Thanks...
Now that I know where to look for them, they actually do pop out everywhere around those large pictures, and in those "graffiti"... I think I just assumed that the symbols on the inscriptions were more or less random, and never paid attention to them till they filled half the screen, LOL. Now that I've looked at the inscriptions closer, it does appear that there is a pretty limited alphabet of symbols; or rather: the alphabet is rather large, but there are some symbols which repeat very often, and a lot that are very rare. In other words, just like the normal alphabet; great work! The only thing I could wish would be for the symbols to be somehow easily translated into Roman alphanumerals, but that, I guess, won't happen...

Ah well, another addition to the ever-growing Nosgothic Mystery List (now including also the Case of the Dental Surgery and the Case of the Mysteriously Appearing Bubbles).

Now, the true reason for this post, because my curiosity has been somewhat raised: "killer glitch birds"? What are these?

chuffy
3rd Jul 2002, 12:28
you know those birds that turn green and disipear when you get near them, the ones that belong to vorador? well they sometimes mess up the game i think it crashes some times or something on the pc virsion of SR2

Power reaver
4th Jul 2002, 04:40
If you scare them and then go in the dark forge you wont be able to come out , although i still havent experinced , I havent dared to scare the birds ...... yet .:D

warpsavant
7th Jul 2002, 19:40
These symbols in the animation, are on the viewing basin in the castle there.

chinese-soul-eater
8th Jul 2002, 03:09
ahhhhhh raziel is full of DAMN secrets

damn you raziel

hahaha jus kiddin:D :cool: