PDA

View Full Version : League Points depending on match result

enkaku-silence-
4th Feb 2016, 17:54
I know the idea probably comes late and I doubt being the first one having it.
How about making the points gathered or lost after a league match dependent on the result of the match?

So if you win a game 31-0 you get a lot of points, the other team loses more points.
If a game is won 45-44 both teams should win points, because obviously both teams did well, the winning team should of course get more points though.

I don't really know where the line should be drawn, though.

The thinking behind this is:
- well organized teams with good teamwork get more points, even if losing.
- winning teams still get more points, trying to win is still important.
- if a team thinks it is going to lose, it will try harder to not lose with such a big gap.
- this could improve teamwork overall

Any ideas/concerns about the idea?

TheDreamcrusher
4th Feb 2016, 18:10
Well, I am definitely for the idea of a weighted score and not an all-or-nothing system.

enkaku-silence-
28th Feb 2016, 13:16
Another idea would be that the league points depend on your contribution to the end result.

Depending on your kills, assists and deaths in comparision to the average kills, assists and deaths of your whole team.
This would probably not improve teamwork though.

enkaku-silence-
20th Mar 2016, 16:32
To be honest, I am a little bit baffled at the moment.
Everybody is asking for changes, but suggestion threads like this seem to be completely ignored.

TheDreamcrusher
21st Mar 2016, 19:15
Yep. It's a shame.

GenocidePete
21st Mar 2016, 20:55
Players should not be incentivized to avoid support roles. Tying one's league points to one's in-game score would do exactly that.

As for your initial suggestion, motivating the losing team to continue fighting seems good for the most part (though I imagine the added stress will turn some people away), but how would leavers factor into this equation?

enkaku-silence-
22nd Mar 2016, 06:50
Players should not be incentivized to avoid support roles. Tying one's league points to one's in-game score would do exactly that.

As for your initial suggestion, motivating the losing team to continue fighting seems good for the most part (though I imagine the added stress will turn some people away), but how would leavers factor into this equation?

Thank you for your feedback.
We are talking about the second suggestion here now, not the one in the first post, just to clarify.

Of course they should not be incentivized, that is a problem.
Since all actions give points, that points could be used. Deaths should still also count into it though.

Leavers would have a big impact on the outcome, but this system would not only take a look on the outcome of the game and your impact on that, but your performance in comparison with the average performance of your team. So if you play 3vs4, you get points for how good you could deal with it. The actions of the leaver before he left should be of no significance.
Even if you have to play 1vs4, your performance compared to your team is average at the end, because you are alone.

But I don't like that idea that much, because it doesn't improve teamplay. On the other hand, the "best" player would get rewarded and has no reason to whine about the "worst" player.

I still really love the idea of looking just at the gap between the teams at the end. This way we would not have to deal with the support-problem, since healing lowers the numbers of deaths.
Of course, the "best" player could still whine about the "worst" player for making the gap bigger, but it would be also his job to give hints and tips, to improve teamplay.

The game should not only look at who won and who lost, but how far away the losing team was from winning.
It is just so frustrating to lose by one kill and lose as much points as losing by 20.

Zarxiel93
22nd Mar 2016, 08:13
I suggest also to put a maximum of points you can lose 4 or 3, because I type I lost it 11 once and in so doing they just entice people to leave the game rather than finish it, if I hadthe slightest suspicion fact I left that in fact the match.
Right now it seems that people at the highest ranks is punished more for the defeats rather than leave.
So should do so:
-Win: Minimum +12/14 (more points based on how the player has played)
-Draw: Minimum +2 (most points based on how the player has played)
-Lost: Minimum from -3 to +5 (even more depending on how a player played)
-Game Left: -4 (only the first one that leaves, otherwise 0, I noticed that often even if you leave for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th lose points anyway, even if it does not show immediately, but after a type match or when re-open the game)