PDA

View Full Version : (REPOST) How Kain Received His Teleport Gift...

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Jul 2002, 09:08
Well, obviously I am a bit bored this evening and have decided to resurrect some interesting threads from the "old" forum. This one is amongst my recent favorites. Enjoy! (Again) :p

I know there has been a lot of talk concerning where Kain actually receieved the gift of Teleport. True, he could've taken it from Umah, but he didn't which inclines me to believe that he didn't want to because quite possibly he already had it.

In the Seer's abode, we come to know from the Seer herself, that by drinking her blood, Kain would be bestowed with her gifts. Granted, the one that was directly sought after was Telekinesis but what if Teleport was an added bonus?

At the end of the cutscene, we witness the Seer using her Teleport gift on Kain as The Sarafan Lord stumbles upon their meeting.

I would only think this is the point that Kain actually ended up with the gift himself.

The last time that I posted this topic, there was a bit of debate on the return of the Bat Beacons for BO3. (So Kain can move about) My response was:

I don't think that the teleporting vamps of BO2 and Vorador (throughout the series) use the becons. It strikes me as more of an "at will" thing. Remember that there were no "eye catching" beacon devices around when anyone teleported. I think it would be rather odd and pointless to start including such beacons in future games after we have already witnessed teleporting being "at will".

There was also the debte about vampires being able to teleport to sanctuary only. I responded:

Kain teleports other places than Sanctuary.
I don't remember the Seer showing up there and she must have gotten out of her abode after teleporting Kain.

As far as BO2 teleporting back to Sanctuary, I think that is a matter of convienience seeing that the place was the command center for the Cabal.

Vorador obviously teleported to the Hylden city, and in the other games, teleported elsewhere other than a place of Sanctuary. (Good example is the Dark Forge in SR2).

I am inclined to believe that Umah could teleport other places seeing I believe she teleported to The Industrial Quarter, then made her way inside to discover about the Nexus Stone.

I don't think one can teleport to a place until they are familiar with the area. Similar to the Bat Beacons in BO1. You have to explore an area to trigger it and then be able to use your powers to reach it.

Still anxious (as always) to see what arises from this... :p

L_Master562
2nd Jul 2002, 15:20
I have to think Kain both shifts and can Teleport. It would seem smarter to use the different abilities at different times. His latent abilities also might have come back, so if so he had the ability in Bo1. If he had the sanctuary spell, he might have developed it further later in his life allowing him free travel anywhere he had ever been.

Time Streamer
2nd Jul 2002, 17:17
I'm not sure if Kain got the 'port' abililty from Seer. I believe she could mentally determine what Kain learned when drinking her blood. If she gave it to him on purpose or it accidentally slipped along with Telekinesis, maybe the 'port' ability will develop later in time since Kain doesn't know about it.

Theory about the Sanctuary spell sounds good. Kain could've learned to shape the spell to transport him to other already visited places.

Rook
2nd Jul 2002, 17:29
I'm probably gonna guess that teleport is an ability that would be acquired from a future ally or adversary (either in the next Blood Omen, if there is one, or whatever), not someone we've already met. I suppose it could be a latent ability he already possesses but hasn't quite honed, but I think I'm leaning towards the "we haven't met the dude he gets it from yet" theory.

:D

L_Master562
2nd Jul 2002, 20:51
It would be 3. It makes the most sence. LOL

Chris Mishima
2nd Jul 2002, 23:15
I'm agreeing. He could teleport from day one.

chuffy
3rd Jul 2002, 12:44
kain never had a teleport gift in BO1 he always turns into a bat to travel far distances. the only time he could have got it would be in between BO2 and SR1

chuffy

KainSpawn
3rd Jul 2002, 17:51
It is really simple to figure out where Kain got teleport from.
*SPOILERS*
Umah.
He must eventually drink from her. If you took notice, Vorador teleports in green mist while Kain and Umah have teleported in purple. I bet after the end of BO2 he went back to the docks and drank what was left of her blood spirit.

Lady Kreliana
4th Jul 2002, 06:41
Definitely Ebay. ;)

Where else could he have gotten the dark gift of teleportation?

chinese-soul-eater
5th Jul 2002, 05:19
Ebay Ebay Ebay

i bet he got a discount to

but he had to wait a while since it was still in auction
so im guessin he put all his duals on hault and said wait about a weeek a month for the most then you can invade and do whatever you want cause ill have a new gift

nanny nanny boo boo
now you see me
now you dont:D

KainSyndrome101
11th Jul 2002, 01:17
Couldn't it just be a stage of evolution? Remember, all vampires are on a different evolutionary path, so Kain could have aquired it after Umah, while she may have aquired the "Mist" form later in her life, if she had lived.

L_Master562
11th Jul 2002, 04:13
In Bo1, the first spell recieved was Sanctuary. It allowed Kain to teleport from anywhere to his crypt. He would develop it more as his evolution continued, yes. All abilities grow over time. The reach of where he could go could grow over time, though the ability most like is also something latent in all vampires as well to be developed later in their lives. Either way it works as Kain could have still never recovered certain spells from Bo1. I wish Kain would have used some Bo1 powers in the Bo2 intro in the fight with the S. Lord with the S. Lord showing some of his interesting powers more than what he did. I think the fight should have been shown longer later in the game as a flashback. More details needed. Would be cool.

Jeffers
11th Jul 2002, 22:17
Do you think that CrystalD will use the reasoning that as Kains memory was shattered, he didn't pick up all the abilities from blood omen 1, and slowly over the millenia he relearned and developed those abilities?

Jeffers

dago
15th Sep 2002, 15:21
damb i gota go onto ebay more often!!!

TG_Syd
16th Sep 2002, 03:29
I believe that Kain simply learned the gift during evolution, correct me if I'm wrong but don't vamps gain abilities as they get older?

Friendly_Fire
16th Sep 2002, 10:37
Originally posted by Jeffers
Do you think that CrystalD will use the reasoning that as Kains memory was shattered, he didn't pick up all the abilities from blood omen 1, and slowly over the millenia he relearned and developed those abilities?

Jeffers

But I think this is pretty much it

Friendly_Fire_

chuffy
16th Sep 2002, 15:00
Originally posted by L_Master562
In Bo1, the first spell recieved was Sanctuary. It allowed Kain to teleport from anywhere to his crypt. He would develop it more as his evolution continued, yes. All abilities grow over time. The reach of where he could go could grow over time, though the ability most like is also something latent in all vampires as well to be developed later in their lives. Either way it works as Kain could have still never recovered certain spells from Bo1. I wish Kain would have used some Bo1 powers in the Bo2 intro in the fight with the S. Lord with the S. Lord showing some of his interesting powers more than what he did. I think the fight should have been shown longer later in the game as a flashback. More details needed. Would be cool.

whats that on my face? Oh i see its egg. :rolleyes:

chuffy

a74gh83
15th Oct 2002, 06:45
hmm
i seem to be a bit late with this one, but here goes
why the hylden were banished
it seems that they exploited an ability of the Ancients.
If u all remember back to sr2, the order of the murals in the subterranean cavern is holy war and an Ancient uses the Blood Reaver. Banishment of hylden. Curse takes it tolls and ancients exhibit characteristic vamp qualities, on fire in 'sunlight'( can't say i c any sunlight in any mural. the world looks like a bleek ravaged land. Kinda like Kains world.) and a bloodlust. Then we have an Ancient with a yellow glowing Reaver, presumably the soul reaver.
Point? Well i actually broke my theory when i was writing this as i realised something so i'm trying to answer the questions drilling in my head.
i saw that after they had the Blood Reaver unleashed on them they began to understand how it worked. For some reason i don't believe that the Ancients drank blood like vamps, they had the ability to but rarely did. The blood reaver mimiced what they could do jsut so much more effeciently. The hylden found some way to make them 'need' to drink blood and it had the effects it did. Ancients didn't like it so they banished them.
On another note it seems that the pillars vitalised the land. Perhaps by draining away the Ancients?

keepittrue
15th Oct 2002, 23:48
Originally posted by TG_Syd
I believe that Kain simply learned the gift during evolution, correct me if I'm wrong but don't vamps gain abilities as they get older? .

I agree completely.

Jeffers
16th Oct 2002, 21:53
Maybe it is one of the gifts from killing Mobious.

Remember, Mobious in Soul Reaver 2 has the ability to teleport, although I am pretty sure it hasn't been officially confirmed, it was in warps answers from amy. I can't find it but it does mention about shifting through time at will which hasn't been confirmed.

Maybe Kain only recieved part of this gift for killing mobious and maybe recieved some of the gift from returning it to the pillars.

Jeffers

Lady Kreliana
16th Oct 2002, 23:36
Teleportation doesn't seem like it's a difficult ability to learn. Kain does it, Vorador does it, Moebius does it, and other BO1 characters did it, I think. It's probably just a skill that someone can learn over time.

Vampmaster
17th Oct 2002, 10:20
Was the Reaver made before or after the pillars? If it's being used against the Hylden in the murals and all (or most of) the Hylden were gone after the pillars went up, then the mural would be from before the pillars went up. This is interesting because it implies that the Reaver was created and cursed before the Antients themselves were. It may have something to do with how they were cursed in the first place.

Anubis_Orr
17th Oct 2002, 15:15
The Reaver was the finest weapon ever forged by the Ancient's weaponsmiths, it was forged BEFORE the Pillars and imbued with the ability to drain their enemies of their precious life-blood.

cbwscythe
6th Nov 2002, 01:31
I figure Kain kills Janos to get the teleport gift.

N0V4
7th Nov 2002, 12:18
Uhhhh Janos?

Man.
Dark gifts are all over nosgoth.
And it isnt a dark gift, its a spell I guess.
Like in BO1, dark gifts were skills they didnt waste mana.
Now spells did, and he found them in dungeons and all.
He might also have learned from anotehr vampire.

Edit: Skills are something you are borned(reborned) with. Spells are what you can LEARN.

Cloud_Hiro
7th Jul 2004, 00:48
Hmm... I dont beleve Kain actualy does teleport. I think it was a advanced mist form, itnstead of teleporting, he just turns invisible via mist form, and walks away. And why he wouldnt use this mist form, say, when Raziel was sapose to kill him at William's grave with the reaver is because it probably takes a very high degree of consintration to do this, and is thus impossable to do so if someone were to be attacking kain. (I think this is the teleporting you ment, after all, it does look like kain dissapears into what looks like puffs of smoke or mist after talking to Raziel those times)

Sorry if this bursts anyone's bubble.

Also, Anubis, sorry to say, but your incorect about the reaver. It was forged by vorador (the first vampire made by the blood curse by the anchients (Janos)) and then embued with its blood reaveing powers by the anchients. Since the anchients were effected with the blood curse after the pillars were created...

Sorry if any of that offended you Anubis :rolleyes:

HyldenGuard
7th Jul 2004, 10:12
I think it's probably actually a spell, like how Umah teleported them off of the Sarafan rooftops in BO2! Also how in BO1 he could teleport back to sanctuary, it's probably a more advanced form of that!

The Hunted
8th Jul 2004, 15:50
The spell Umah used on the sarafan rooftops was the sancturary spell the same one you can use in BO1. but she also did have a teleport spell so he could of got it from her.

WraithStar
8th Jul 2004, 20:15
Except he had it in SR1 when she didn't exist in that timeline. It's probably a natural result of his evolution through the state of change (unless he went back and absorbed Vorador's Dark Gifts immediately after Blood Omen 1. In that case, in the new timeline, he would have lost it during his coma and could have gotten it back from Umah or Vorador after Blood Omen 2.)