PDA

View Full Version : The Nosgoth Stream Team

Oghamsmith
3rd Feb 2016, 23:52
Denizens of Nosgoth!

Twitch.tv is a fantastic place for like-minded gamers to gather together, play (or watch) some games, and chat. The Nosgoth community has some awesome streamers, and we want to work together with the community to help spread the joy and entertainment that these streamers deliver. Not only that, but we also want to help promote newer upstarts who might be looking to get into streaming Nosgoth.

Introducing the Nosgoth Stream Team
The Nosgoth Stream Team is a curated group of Nosgoth Streamers who put on entertaining streams and don’t (usually) shove their genitalia in front of the camera.

What does being a part of the team mean? Let’s take a look!

We’ll check out your channel and videos so that we can comfortably promote the channel every now and again when you ping @Nosgoth on Twitter.
Stream Hosting – Chosen streamers will periodically have their streams hosted by the official Nosgoth channel.
Streamer Profile Blog Posts – we’ll run a regular item on the Nosgoth blog highlighting one of Nosgoth’s community streamers and have a mini Q&A with them.
Have (select) stream highlights and snippets shared across Nosgoth social channels.
Join the Nosgoth “Team” on Twitch, providing a one stop shop for people looking strong Nosgoth streamers.

We do have a number of other ideas that we would like to add to the team initiative eventually, but let’s begin with the basics.

We’re looking for streamers from all backgrounds. Whether you’re an ESL veteran, an upcoming caster, are streaming the live creation of fantastic fan art, are teaching new players some of the more advanced skills within the game, or are simply chilling out in 4v4 TDM; we want to help celebrate people streaming Nosgoth related content from all walks of life.

Naming the Stream Team:
“Nosgoth Stream Team” just doesn’t have much of a ring to it. We're sure you agree. On more than a couple of occasions you guys have shown yourselves to be quite adept at coming up with evocative names, and so we would like to give you the opportunity to suggest potential names. What do you think? The Heralds of Nosgoth? Nosgoth’s Warriors? Nosgoth’s Garrison? Suck & Shoot? (ok, maybe not that last one…or the second one for that matter). Don’t hesitate to shoot your suggestions our way! Ideally "Nosgoth" should be in the name!

Interested? Here’s what we need:
I must begin by stating that we will be starting this slowly, just adding a few streamers initially. This will be somewhat of a test. If things go well, we’ll grow the team over time.

Copy and paste the following fields (with everything filled in) into a forum private message, and send it to me. We’ll then take a look at your channel to make sure that it’s suitable. This process can take up to two weeks. After that’s done, we’ll get a response back to you.

Details:

Channel URL:
Primary Streaming Language:
Core Streaming Days:
Core Streaming Hours (include Timezone):
Favourite Vampire Class(es) – 3 Max
Favourite Human Class(es) – 3 Max
Highlight Time-Stamp/Links
Favourite Game Mode – TDM/Capture the Body/Flashpoint
Do you Stream League games regularly?
Any Specialties/Comments?

Please don’t be offended if you are not chosen. We will be quite particular about who makes it onto the team. If you’re not successful, please feel free to resubmit your application 2 months later.

Spreading the Word
Maybe you don’t stream, but you enjoy watching others stream Nosgoth? If that’s the case, make sure to tell the streamers that you watch about this thread, so that we can try and work together as a community to support those people who’re providing info and entertainment by streaming the game :).

DivineTheKiller
4th Feb 2016, 03:54
I honestly think this is a great Idea. This will definitely help announce Nosgoth to more people worldwide to at least give the game a chance and hopefully become a potential fan/member. It is unfortunate that not a lot more people know about this game as I have to say it is in the list of one of the most beautiful, detailed, and unique Free-to-Plays. So in a sense, it's kind of like "Why would you want to miss something like this?". I think giving Nosgoths tiny yet highly interactive community an opportunity like this is very compassionate. When I say this, I mean that the developers trust and appreciate the community so much that they've voluntarily established a bond with us on a more personal level. And I hope to be speaking for others when I say this, but I thank you guys for what you do for us.

I hope as a community-- many of the common faces I see every time I open up Nosgoth-- we can come together in various degrees to help promote and strengthen Nosgoth as a whole; from new members to old Veterans like myself. I love this game, the Psyonix members ive met (so far), and the friends that I have made playing this game, too much to not try to aid in it's endeavors.

So to all who read this. Show your love, spread the word, do what you got to do, because god damn this game is too filled with potential not to. ♥

Da_Wolv
4th Feb 2016, 19:16
Naming the Stream Team:
“Nosgoth Stream Team” just doesn’t have much of a ring to it.

idk what you are talking about; its almost bad-pun level good!

Vampmaster
4th Feb 2016, 19:27
If you need a name for the streaming team, how about a play on Moebius the Time Streamer?

EDIT: How about "Moebius' Time Streaming Army" or "The Time Streamers of Nosgoth"?

Ysanoire
5th Feb 2016, 12:31
It's good to see this, streams of the game should definitely be supported.

Ygdrasel
5th Feb 2016, 18:20
If you need a name for the streaming team, how about a play on Moebius the Time Streamer?

EDIT: How about "Moebius' Time Streaming Army" or "The Time Streamers of Nosgoth"?

Rotate nine streamers every [insert interval here]. Call them the Circle of Nine. :P

Suhedu
6th Feb 2016, 05:54
A few name suggestions.

"Nosgoth Time Streamers"
"Time Streamers of Nosgoth"
"Elder God Wraiths"
"Kain's Lieutenants/Generals"
"Nosgoth's Saviors"
"Pillar Guardians"
"United Legions of Nosgoth"
"Sarafan Champions"

Tell me what you think.

Burial_Ground
6th Feb 2016, 08:12
Some names for the stream that i just came up with ;

- Nosgoth Dream Stream
- Nosgoth Viral Freaks
- The Voice of Nosgoth
- Nosgoth Stream Club
- The Nosgoth BlockBusters

Perhaps i'll add more later.
And what is the deadline for applications ?

Da_Wolv
6th Feb 2016, 10:20
- Nosgoth Stream Club

The First Rule of Nosgoth Stream Club: You don't talk about Nosgoth Stream Club!

Vampmaster
6th Feb 2016, 11:08
Rotate nine streamers every [insert interval here]. Call them the Circle of Nine. :P

They weren't all called streamers. Only Moebius was called that because of the common analogy that time flows like a stream. Like he says, he pulled Raziel out on the time stream in SR2.

Thestreetuluv
6th Feb 2016, 17:19
So who was the first streamer to do 24 hours lol. Nah this is truly a good idea!

Ygdrasel
6th Feb 2016, 20:01
They weren't all called streamers.

I never once said they were. O.o

vampirelucky
6th Feb 2016, 22:59
How about NOSG: Nosgoth Official Stream(ing) Group.

You can go full on recursive acronym with NOSGOTH but it'll be too many words imo.

Ygdrasel
7th Feb 2016, 22:16
How about NOSG: Nosgoth Official Stream(ing) Group.

You can go full on recursive acronym with NOSGOTH but it'll be too many words imo.

Nosgoth's Official Streaming Group Of Terrific Humans.

:D

Nickname98
8th Feb 2016, 01:35
I think Princess_Thundercat would be a great addition. Shes funny, nice and has great game play. For the stream team name personally i think it could be anything but Nosgoth Stream Team does sound pretty clean and professional . :)

Vampmaster
8th Feb 2016, 10:25
I never once said they were. O.o

I only guessed that you might have been attempting to follow on from my suggestion and to save time, I explained that the pun didn't extend to the other guardians without waiting to confirm your intention. That's all it was - an attempt to save time, not an accusation.

creftan
12th Feb 2016, 20:05
"and don’t (usually) shove their genitalia in front of the camera. "

Is that something towards me? :rolleyes:

/hetsie

_Vole_
2nd Mar 2016, 18:37
Hello.
Did you assemble your official stream team yet? Do you have updates on this matter?

Regards,
Vole

Oghamsmith
4th Mar 2016, 12:00
Hi there,

I have indeed reached out the initial folks. I'm waiting for a bit of info from some of them, and then we'll be announcing the first few folks in the not too distant future :).

_Vole_
4th Mar 2016, 14:32
Thanks for the info, Oghamsmith. Always appreciated :)