PDA

View Full Version : It's Canada day?

darien_specter
2nd Jul 2002, 04:07
So I looked at my calendar, and found out that was today. Thus, I want to wish all our northern friends a happy Canada Day... eh. ;)

Out of curiosity, what do you guys do to celebrate? Does the date commemorate anything?

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Jul 2002, 04:41
Darien, I am from Michigan and there is a heavy canadian influence here. (Windsor is right across the Detroit River and the social atmosphere there is great).

As for Canada Day, I believe (from my knowledge of Canada and Canadians) that it is officially their "Independence Day".

As for any more details on this, you will have to look to someone from Canada.

:)

blincoln
2nd Jul 2002, 15:26
I lived up there for three years, and I didn't notice them doing anything particularly crazy on Canada Day. They save their fireworks for Halloween =). The only thing I remember about Canada Day in Canada is that it's when I saw the South Park movie.

Longshot
2nd Jul 2002, 23:32
Originally posted by blincoln
I lived up there for three years, and I didn't notice them doing anything particularly crazy on Canada Day. They save their fireworks for Halloween =). The only thing I remember about Canada Day in Canada is that it's when I saw the South Park movie.

Obviously you weren't paying attention while you lived in Canada.

On Canada day as well as Victoria day, Canadians shoot off fireworks, not on Halloween :rolleyes:

If you've ever had a chance to get to downtown Tornoto, you'd know there is always a hugh party, and I'm assuming other big cities do the same.

blincoln
3rd Jul 2002, 00:35
I may be wrong about Canada Day, but I know for a fact that people - in Vancouver at least - shoot off fireworks on Halloween. I thought it was the strangest thing ever.

Longshot
4th Jul 2002, 07:29
Well I still live in Canada, and I've never heard of anyone shooting off firework on Halloween. I've even lived in 3 different provinces (Ontario, Alberta & Manitoba) and no one I've known has ever done that.

Esoteric
4th Jul 2002, 16:33
I live in Vancouver (where blinc apparently lived for a while) and the fireworks blinc may be talking about happen in peoples back yards. And yes, we shoot off fireworks every Canada day... down over the water of the inlet.