PDA

View Full Version : Most Impressive Non-Player Club Achievements

dapper_dinosir
27th Jan 2016, 16:11
Okay, so while the priority for every player is the success of their own team, sometimes a club we don't manage can pull off a rather incredible achievement. That's what this thread is for -- for players to share their in-game experiences were a team they don't manage pull off something rather credible, be it winning promotion, staying up, signing a world class player, et cetera.

So in my seven years as manager of Wigan Athletic, quite a few other teams have pulled off some quite remarkable achievements. In my game, Portsmouth have been promoted from League Two and reached last year's League One play-off final (only to lose 3-2 to Rotherham United), this is a team that could have been playing in the conference this year in real life. Barnsley ended up relegated from League One in my first year, against the odds, but went on to smash League Two, and have been in the League One promotion mix ever since, reaching the play-offs last year, after falling out of the top two positions late on. Bolton Wanderers have somehow stayed in the Championship ever since the start of the game, narrowly surviving in the second tier for seven years now. Charlton Athletic, Leeds United and Fulham have been in and around the top six in the Championship ever since the start of the game, the latter actually landing promotion to the Premier League a couple of seasons ago, as did Nottingham Forest. Speaking of the Premier League, Watford actually managed to survive seven years in England's top flight, until their relegation last season. AFC Bournemouth signed Pedro a couple of years back, and Sunderland managed to nab Mesüt Özil.

All of this just goes to show how unpredictable CM 16 is, even though it's all programmed. Share your experiences with non-player clubs defying the odds here.