PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES New/old abilities and not only.

FrodoWillis
26th Jan 2016, 10:13
I hasten to apologize if someone already post something like this but am to lazy to search.

Just wanted to share my ideas to make Nosgoth better.Am not saying the ideas is greate ore something,but hope it's good.

First of all-add class limit-max 2 of the same class for TDM and League(randoms) and 1 individual class for premade League.

Second-abilities what "kinda" useless:

Immolation-decrease cast time and sound/visual effects.Because enemy can just wait until immolation is done or they just kill you before it do anything.

Judgement-same problem, you got killed before it's done cast or for the most of the time enemy have more health to got instakilled.Decrease cast time/animation and add some after effect if vampires didn't got killed-like speed debuff or disorientation.

Stormbow-for the most of the time people's just spaming with this bow instead of hiting charged shot's.Add 15-20 more explosive damage but arrows will explode only on full charge.

Hell strike-am suggest instead of missiles(because sometimes they trying to go thru walls or floor and you just hurting yourself)make it appear from floor,like hell pit.

And finale,new abilities-

Net for Hunter-it's becoming more and more harder to catch Sentinels with bolas.Net will cover more space but it have lesser range compare to bola's and it won't catch Tyrant(because he is massive).And it;s gonna get fired from Hunter's crossbow like rifle grenades.

Boulder throw for Tyrant-Tyrant will pick up massive boulder and hold it untill you release button(Q/E) to throw it.While holding button you can aim you throw,so you can be hidden behinde cover or quickly reach human what trying to escape.

Pain seal for summoner-It's gonna work like prophet curses.Summoner will cast it under player/s feet's and whoever got into range will suffer damage over time and speed debuff or disorientation.

Prophet/Deceiver Empathy-It's gonna work like Vanguard rousing cry.You need to stand near caster.Once you got cast Empathy on you,it's gonna share all damage between all people/vampires in "chain" so in what case you take less damage example-2 in chain-50/50 damage etc.Or all in chain will take less damage(like 20%) but caster will receive 80% of what damage,or it's gonna rely on range,after you got in "chain" the farther away from caster the less damage he take but more you receive.

English is not my native language,so am assuming what i make alot of mistakes, but I hope this idea's will help make game better and they won't become usless or OP(If they gonna be added to the game).

ParadoxicalOmen
27th Jan 2016, 21:47
I personally didn't like the new abilities, but i do agree with some of the old abilities complaints.
Immolation and Judgement need some sort of buff.

For Immolation i was thinking of either:
- removing the time where you can't move and build up to explosion;
- or give some sort of shielding while Immolation is activating (this could be done through some sort of Talent maybe? Similar to what they did for Dominate Mind, that is: 50% shield to Deceiver while DM is active)

For Judgement i was thinking of 2 possibilities:
- Give it a faster cast time (as you suggested)
- or redesign it as some form of Water AOE that does DOT instead of instant 200 dmg (a similar mechanic to Alchemist's poison cloud, but with more damage and having it slowly spread from the Vanguard)

--------------------//--------------------

As for new abilities, i'd like to add a suggestion i read in one of the posts from the forum:

Prophet's Black Blood → Similar to prophets Sacrifice (where you'd transfer your blood to heal allies), but instead you transfer your black blood into vampires. Obviously the DOT would need to be slow and/or the self-damage would have to be more than 50% for it not to be over-powered.

I personally thought this idea was really good, sounds really fun and cool. I'll try to find the author to credit him.

Ygdrasel
30th Jan 2016, 10:23
Didn't like any of the new stuff.
As for Stormbow: Let's not give anyone a disadvantage for using a playstyle you disagree with.

Judgement should be changed to a water attack, likely DoT. Immolation needs less build-up time and/or less obvious visuals.

ParadoxicalOmen
30th Jan 2016, 13:18
@Ygdrasel

Glad you agree about the Water DOT for Judgement.

Any opinion on the Black Blood suggestion for Prophet? I'd like to know if its a stupid idea, i get the feeling i'm the only one that liked it lol.

Ygdrasel
30th Jan 2016, 20:33
@Ygdrasel

Glad you agree about the Water DOT for Judgement.

Any opinion on the Black Blood suggestion for Prophet? I'd like to know if its a stupid idea, i get the feeling i'm the only one that liked it lol.

Well, for Sacrifice to work as it does, the Prophets in general mustn't have black blood themselves lest they poison allies. But they do collect it for imbuing their bullets so some manner of DoT tied to it would be fine. I'd possibly add a slight temporary debuff of some sort atop a slow DoT.

ParadoxicalOmen
1st Feb 2016, 01:04
Well, for Sacrifice to work as it does, the Prophets in general mustn't have black blood themselves lest they poison allies. But they do collect it for imbuing their bullets so some manner of DoT tied to it would be fine. I'd possibly add a slight temporary debuff of some sort atop a slow DoT.

Hmm now that you mention it....it's funny isn't it?
Prophet's are freaky the way they are due to their use of black blood:

Prophets use tainted blood – their own and that of others which they ‘bless’ – as weapons. Bullets dipped in the fluid carry wicked hexes. Dark blood can be spilled upon the ground to temporarily repel or weaken attackers. Their mutated bodies have an unhealthy attraction to other sources of stolen blood, giving them the ability to literally steal the life from nearby Vampires.

I remember the explanation for vampire being able to feed on them was something like "Their blood would return to their normal state upon death"...as if their blood was cursed until they die.

So, how is it they are able to use sacrifice? Intriguing eh?

Ygdrasel
1st Feb 2016, 09:39
So, how is it they are able to use sacrifice? Intriguing eh?

Perhaps when the blood leaves them, they're presumed dead - how's the blood to know any better - and it changes back in time to heal allies.

ParadoxicalOmen
2nd Feb 2016, 22:17
Perhaps when the blood leaves them, they're presumed dead - how's the blood to know any better - and it changes back in time to heal allies.

No, cause Disabling Curse and Draining Curse are both used with her blood...

SonixSquad
3rd Feb 2016, 00:20
And finale,new abilities-

Boulder throw for Tyrant-Tyrant will pick up massive boulder and hold it untill you release button(Q/E) to throw it.While holding button you can aim you throw,so you can be hidden behinde cover or quickly reach human what trying to escape.

I liked this ability suggestion as a secondary for Tyrant. Cooldown would have to be minimum 15 seconds though to prevent it being used as a tank ability (hiding behind boulder cover). Didn't really like much of the others or your suggestions for changes to the existing abilities.

Ygdrasel
3rd Feb 2016, 22:51
No, cause Disabling Curse and Draining Curse are both used with her blood...

Hm. Maybe they've learned some new way to affect the blood. The fountains only go black in BO after Kain drinks. Perhaps contamination of some kind is the key.

ParadoxicalOmen
4th Feb 2016, 01:21
Hm. Maybe they've learned some new way to affect the blood. The fountains only go black in BO after Kain drinks. Perhaps contamination of some kind is the key.

We're getting a bit off-topic lol...but since i enjoy these debates:

Well, my guess would be that they somehow can manipulate the nature of their blood.
In other words, when they want their blood to be black and harmful it becomes that way, but if they want otherwise (to heal allies) they can "shift" their blood to justly so...
Since when they die they can't "control" their blood any longer, it would explain why vamps can feed off them.

Back on topic, i hope devs consider the Black Blood sacrifice varient.

Prophet's Black Blood → Similar to prophets Sacrifice, but instead you transfer your black blood into vampires, doing damage to vampires while also inflicting self-damage.