PDA

View Full Version : FM: The Restored Cathedral v2 ... coming soon

Zaccheus
1st Jul 2002, 22:22
Here are the first screen shots and general info:
The Restored Cathedral v2 (http://www.rcl-software.org.uk/thief/missions/restoredcathedral/v2/)

These are very early screen shots, I've already improved the shown area, but it'll at least give you a glimps of what's to come.

FAQ:
1) Although the old cloister has be demolished, there will be a small cloister area and new town area in the mission.
2) The mission will have an auto map.
3) Release date: Autum 2002.

Specter
2nd Jul 2002, 16:02
Looking forward to it! One of these days I have to learn Dromed. Ive tried a couple times, but, well, frustration levels ran too high! ;) LOOKEE LOOKEE after all this time, and now I too can do smilies!

Vanguard
2nd Jul 2002, 18:55
Looks like you added some to your original version. From the pics, I saw a moat and semi-underwater scene. Looking forward to it.

Zaccheus
3rd Jul 2002, 08:06
Originally posted by Vanguard
Looks like you added some to your original version. From the pics, I saw a moat and semi-underwater scene. Looking forward to it.

He he, it's a river actually.
:)

I might publish the new main map to give you all an idea of what has been changed. As soon as you start playing a mission you can look at the map anyway, so I wouldn't be giving anything away.
Or should I keep it all a secret until release day?

Specter
3rd Jul 2002, 16:18
Keep it a secret. Nothing adds to the immersion factor more than going into a level completely blind. "Damn, is it safe to around that corner?"

BrokenArts
3rd Jul 2002, 21:35
Hey......need any restoration help??? :rolleyes: :p

Gumdrop
3rd Jul 2002, 23:14
I hear the chandeliers need a little work. ;)

Zaccheus
3rd Jul 2002, 23:30
Did you like the chandeliers I put into St.Yora's dining room in v1?
:D

BrokenArts
4th Jul 2002, 00:26
Hey now, my chandeliers are always be worked. Haha. They are in TIP TOP shape. I give them quite the workout, ;)

OOOHHH Zaccheus, yes I did see those! Did you put them there just for me!!! Aaaawwwwwww you shouldn't have. Aren't they purdy though. :rolleyes: :D

Zaccheus
4th Jul 2002, 09:20
Aren't they purdy though
;)

Zaccheus
4th Jul 2002, 09:21
I've added another screen shot.

Gumdrop
5th Jul 2002, 15:48
Have you added the cloisters and St.Yora's?

Zaccheus
6th Jul 2002, 09:42
Originally posted by Gumdrop
Have you added the cloisters ...

Originally posted by Zaccheus
FAQ:
1) Although the old cloister has been demolished, there will be a small cloister area and new town area in the mission.

:p

Originally posted by Gumdrop
... and St.Yora's?
:confused:

St.Yora's has always been in there.

Zaccheus
13th Jul 2002, 21:29
Quick update:
The mission is now 'mission 23', so it does not interfere with the original RTC 'mission 11', and the auto-map is fully implemented and working.

The mission will also have completely new objectives which have nothing to do with the eye.

Keeper Collins
14th Jul 2002, 22:58
So,wiat a second.Not only are you going to rebiuld the cloister(wich I already knew you were going to do)but know you're telling us your going to redo the entire Old Quarter?Wow!That is impresive!I'd like to see all those old biuldings fixed up and redecoreted,and with pepole instead of the undead moaning and groaning.That would really look nice.Hey!Maybe you could put not only the Hammers and there chathedral but pepole in the houses!Pepole that moved there after Garret claered out all the evil(when he was working for Constine) and Hammers fixed up the homes.That would be interesting to see.But you can do whatever you whant and I'm sure me and the rest of my breatheran would like it.I know I will!Good luck to you!

Zaccheus
15th Jul 2002, 14:38
Originally posted by Keeper Collins
So,wiat a second.Not only are you going to rebiuld the cloister(wich I already knew you were going to do)but know you're telling us your going to redo the entire Old Quarter?Wow!That is impresive!I'd like to see all those old biuldings fixed up and redecoreted,and with pepole instead of the undead moaning and groaning.That would really look nice.

Well, hang on, I'm not doing anything quite that radical.
;)

I would say that the hammers needed some cash after T1, so they sold off most of the land of the old cloister for re-development, and kept a small part of the land to build a new, much smaller, cloister. So, where the old cloister used to be, we now have a small town area and a brand new cloister area.

Originally posted by Keeper Collins
Maybe you could put not only the Hammers and there chathedral but pepole in the houses!Pepole that moved there after Garret claered out all the evil(when he was working for Constine) and Hammers fixed up the homes.That would be interesting to see.

Yep - that's what I'm doing.

Zaccheus
17th Jul 2002, 11:47
Originally posted by Specter

Originally posted by Zaccheus
I might publish the new main map to give you all an idea of what has been changed. As soon as you start playing a mission you can look at the map anyway, so I wouldn't be giving anything away.
Or should I keep it all a secret until release day?

Keep it a secret. Nothing adds to the immersion factor more than going into a level completely blind. "Damn, is it safe to around that corner?"

For Thief II that might be the case, but in Thief I, you can see the whole map as soon as you start a mission anyway.

But I think I will wait until the mission is released, and then put the map (with the small new cloister area highlighted) onto my site so people can see what has been changed before downloading the mission.

RiCh
18th Jul 2002, 22:34
I’ve just finished ghosting V 1.0 and it was really enjoyable :) I hope the new version will still be ghostable? Anyway good job on the level, it was great going back to the place after all this time.

Zaccheus
19th Jul 2002, 12:31
Originally posted by RiCh
IÂ’ve just finished ghosting V 1.0 and it was really enjoyable :) I hope the new version will still be ghostable? Anyway good job on the level, it was great going back to the place after all this time.

Thanks.

I'm not putting anything in the mission that would stop it from being ghostable (like a banner blocking the only way in), but getting through without any AI noticing you will be very difficult.

Zaccheus
11th Aug 2002, 17:39
After a short discussion with the taffers at www.thief-darkproject.de, it has been decided that TRC v2 will be implemented in English and German.
:cool:

ChristineS
11th Aug 2002, 17:56
That's great, zaccheus. I'm glad that you will release it in German, too. I'm looking forward to play it. :D
Let me know, if you need more of the German files. :)

Zaccheus
7th Sep 2002, 22:29
I've now finished the major architecture and am going through the mission adding furniture, lights, loot, and placing the ambient sounds, so that I have a fairly basic mission. Then I can start adding bits here and there until I am happy.

Nightwalker
8th Sep 2002, 00:04
Thanks for the update, Zaccheus! I'm really looking forward to seeing the completed mission. :)

Huntress
8th Sep 2002, 03:26
glad to see it's progressing nicely for you "Z" and continued success with it :) How bout some updated screenies while your at it? :) ;) Ta and Good Hunting!

Thorin Oakenshield
8th Sep 2002, 09:37
Hi Zaccheus,
I'm just downloading v1 now and I just noticed I have to install Thief Gold:rolleyes: :D Not a problem Thorin rubs hands together in anticipation

...Off to play now;)

Zaccheus
8th Sep 2002, 18:13
Huntress, I've got a shot in mind, but I'll only be doing a few from the start of the mission because I want people to discover the mission as they go through it.

Thorin, hope you enjoyed it.

Zaccheus
30th Oct 2002, 13:43
The Mechanist Cathedral

Ok, v2 will now be a new Thief 2 mission, assuming the conversion from DromED 1 to DromED 2 goes OK.
:rolleyes:

More info here:
Change of plans regarding "The Restored Cathedral" (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5644#post96701)