PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes 21/01/2016 - Silenced Cathedral & 5v5 TDM

Oghamsmith
21st Jan 2016, 15:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTAj5jcSNIU

We’ll keep today’s patch notes short and sweet, because we know you’ll want to get in-game asap! Today’s update focuses almost entirely on Nosgoth’s brand new map that goes live today. The Silenced Cathedral!

Silenced Cathedral
Today the war between Vampires and Humans expands to a new field of battle, the Silenced Cathedral. Check out these (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/new-map-preview-the-nest) articles (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/silenced-cathedral-a-closer-look) for more information about Nosgoth’s latest map!

5v5 Team Death Match
In case you missed it, we have also been busy beavers working on Nosgoth’s matchmaking and server infrastructure in preparation for yesterday’s rollout of the new 5v5 TDM test which is currently under way!

With 10 players total, the action gets pretty frantic; and is a ton of fun to play. If you haven’t tried 5v5 out yet, you really should! This 5v5 test ends on the 31st of January, so make sure to try it out today!
Ping food for friends and health stations for allies!

Shikei001
21st Jan 2016, 16:07
Rly like the new Map and quite nice that the second phase of the Ping System also rolls out...

But I am utterly disappointed that the bug to ping an invisible Deceiver got no fix...
This bug/feature renders Deceiver completely useless.. and is in since the beginning of the Ping System..

HexMee
21st Jan 2016, 16:35
Rly like the new Map and quite nice that the second phase of the Ping System also rolls out...

But I am utterly disappointed that the bug to ping an invisible Deceiver got no fix...
This bug/feature renders Deceiver completely useless.. and is in since the beginning of the Ping System..

We ran 2 deceivers in our comp and won last esl with it.. you just have to keep it in mind and make sure you're completely invisble before you move into line of sigh (don't let them see parts of the animation that plays when you fade to invisibillity)
I think the ping, even though it originated as a bug is completely fine, if you get discovered by 1 person as a deceiver you've done something wrong and should be punished for it.
Perhaps reduce the pings available to 1 instead of 2, that makes "spam ping" a bit less abuseable when looking for an invis deceiver.

"Noscam free-cam speed is now independent of playback speed"
Can we please get an option to change the camera movespeed/rollspeed then? I was recording a video in noscam and I used the fact that the camera moved slower to create cool cinematic views. I know that it can be changed in the config files but that requires a restart of the game every time and I wanna be able to change the speed on the fly.

makingthrowaways
21st Jan 2016, 16:40

It's not a bug it is a "design choice" from the devs. It sucks but it doesn't make the class useless.

Oghamsmith
21st Jan 2016, 16:40
Patch notes updated. It looks one update check-in was a slightly early. If you saw this thread soon enough, some of you caught a sneak peek of just a bit of our next update ;).

Ska-Ara
21st Jan 2016, 16:48
why are there no informations about
"Ping System update & more! " ?

HexMee
21st Jan 2016, 17:59
Patch notes updated. It looks one update check-in was a slightly early. If you saw this thread soon enough, some of you caught a sneak peek of just a bit of our next update ;).

Fair enough, but could you take my feedback on the camera speed in noscam into account for this "next update" then? ;)

Oghamsmith
21st Jan 2016, 18:17
Fair enough, but could you take my feedback on the camera speed in noscam into account for this "next update" then? ;)

You're not alone in your desire. I like the slow speed too. The changes have already been made and the devs have moved on to the next task, but I'll see what specifically is going on.

senjuj
21st Jan 2016, 18:21

why do you think this is bug?:mad2: :eek:
if player saw disappearing deceiver then why can't he say about this to his team?

hlopipop
21st Jan 2016, 18:42
Can't find lobby with new map(

Ygdrasel
21st Jan 2016, 18:45
why do you think this is bug?:mad2: :eek:
if player saw disappearing deceiver then why can't he say about this to his team?

A disappearing deceiver is different from an invisible one.
One is already fully invisible.

Can't find lobby with new map(

The map showing up in rotation is likely just chance.

senjuj
21st Jan 2016, 18:51
A disappearing deceiver is different from an invisible one.
One is already fully invisible.

player ping if he saw dust, noise or purple glow. its not about random spam of pings in all directions.

kLauE187
21st Jan 2016, 19:42
Pinged deceiver in ESL means lost engage most of the times it's silly.

troublemak9r
21st Jan 2016, 21:27
one of your greatest maps, i love it!

GenFeelGood
21st Jan 2016, 21:50
I love this map, I think it is the most multilevel map so far. There were Scouts grappling all over the place; and Reavers pouncing from rooftop to rooftop after them, the most fun I've had with a Reaver in a while. Once it is optimized it just might beat out Provance as my favorite map.

kLauE187
21st Jan 2016, 22:34
yep i really like this map too. a lot of angles you can come from as vampire and also atleast 3 good positions you can hold as human. but it's not that much vampire-sided as i thought. atleast in the scrims we played.

R3dLine237
22nd Jan 2016, 15:48
The thing that i do not like about this map is the placement of Healing stations. It's like so randomly stupid.... also for most of them you are very unprotected as in you can be attacked from like 270 degree angle or more in some cases. Also you are very visible to sents + the latest HoT you die if the team is not very well coordinated and just play with randoms. All in all love the new thing it's just something newer to do and added to the game. It might need some refining into interaction with objects.

Ygdrasel
22nd Jan 2016, 23:42
Okay, so, FEEDBACK TIME!

1) 5v5. Chaotic. Fun. Often forgot about the extra enemy. Has more lag than standard but that's arguably expected.

2) The Silenced Cathedral.

First thing: I didn't take note of the music. Does it have a unique track?

Second thing: The second match with the map, I was stuck at the map loading screen for minutes then just killed Nosgoth through the task manager. This issue repeated itself when I attempted a private match (with no other players - I enjoy private Sentinel tours of the new maps). Curiously enough, with the private match, the issue stopped replicating when I set the game mode for 4v4 instead of 5v5. So it might be something bugged with the mode rather than the map?

Second thing: The map is delightful. Plenty of great angles to come in, lot of verticality. The screams that echo even when you're alone on the map are twistedly wonderful. It's currently suffering issues that Sommerdamm was often plagued by, namely rubber-band issues with climbing (you climb a whole tower only to snap back to ground) and some ground debris being easy to get caught on despite just being barrels and jugs and such. Again, expected faults of a new map.

I LOVE the holes in walls and such that make it like a hive. The body mod and feeding areas are gruesomely joyous.

There was one thing that bothered me, design-wise.

http://i.imgur.com/M59TXRQ.jpg?1

This appears to be an accessible passage. Up-close though, it's covered by a very thin web. Thin enough for any human to swipe away and keep moving. Might I suggest a more obvious obstruction, perhaps even just a thicker webbing mass? Or else connect it somehow to another area as a proper passage?

And now, a few screenshots just for fun:

Super glad I can get this close to Zephon. No barnstorming through the chest though. :(
http://i.imgur.com/QcNIdIy.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/1reYLS8.jpg?1

There are many interesting structures in the distance. This one caught my eyes as it seems vaguely reminiscent of the original concept for the Sanctuary of the Clans. Sort of a side-view.

http://www.thelostworlds.net/SR1/Images/Mountain_Retreat-Sanctuary-Concept-01.JPG

Vampmaster
22nd Jan 2016, 23:58
^^That's Kain's mountain retreat in the last picture. http://www.thelostworlds.net/SR1/The_Mountain_Retreat.html

Ygdrasel
23rd Jan 2016, 01:00
^^That's Kain's mountain retreat in the last picture. http://www.thelostworlds.net/SR1/The_Mountain_Retreat.html

"Concept art for the game does include a building perched on top of a mountain, but is actually an early version of The Sanctuary of The Clans." :rasp:

Though, they could make it that now if they wanted. :D I'd be all for it. (Actually, I already assume it in my own work. XD)

Vampmaster
23rd Jan 2016, 01:31
"Concept art for the game does include a building perched on top of a mountain, but is actually an early version of The Sanctuary of The Clans." :rasp:

Though, they could make it that now if they wanted. :D I'd be all for it. (Actually, I already assume it in my own work. XD)

:rolleyes: Ugh, that makes no sense being on that web page unless he only found out afterwards. I remember reading it years ago, and didn't think to read it again.

Ygdrasel
23rd Jan 2016, 01:57
:rolleyes: Ugh, that makes no sense being on that web page unless he only found out afterwards. I remember reading it years ago, and didn't think to read it again.

:p Ha. I just thought the building looked kind of similar to it. Intentional, highly unlikely. But neat. There was some other building off to the right and the whole place is lined with structures hidden in the darkness, light only given by windows. Things I'd probably have never had time to notice in battle but the Sentinel tours are peaceful enough to appreciate detail.

Also, I love how the Sent's wings just happen to frame that shot. :D

Didn't notice any of the 'literal darkness' vampires are supposed to hide in though...

RainaAudron
23rd Jan 2016, 11:19
There are many interesting structures in the distance. This one caught my eyes as it seems vaguely reminiscent of the original concept for the Sanctuary of the Clans. Sort of a side-view.

Where is it? I can see only clouds on the screenshot.

enkaku-silence-
23rd Jan 2016, 12:13
Where is it? I can see only clouds on the screenshot.

In front of the big "pillar" in the middle of the screen. So it is kind of "inside" the cathedral.

Grisamentum
26th Jan 2016, 23:50
Is the map going to have its own theme? It's using the title theme right now. I'm wondering about the Crucible aswell cos I'm sure someone said it would get its own soundtrack one day...

Burial_Ground
27th Jan 2016, 09:31
Nice map. Danger lurks on every corner :D

Psyonix_Ryan
29th Jan 2016, 20:50
Nice map. Danger lurks on every corner :D

https://38.media.tumblr.com/635426be6d1bca55a3b68306c27e5339/tumblr_myqpgjBIi91ritmyro1_400.gif

Da-da-da-danger lurks behind you:whistle:

Psyonix_Ryan
29th Jan 2016, 21:27
Okay, so, FEEDBACK TIME!
There was one thing that bothered me, design-wise.

http://i.imgur.com/M59TXRQ.jpg?1

This appears to be an accessible passage. Up-close though, it's covered by a very thin web. Thin enough for any human to swipe away and keep moving. Might I suggest a more obvious obstruction, perhaps even just a thicker webbing mass? Or else connect it somehow to another area as a proper passage?

Thanks for the feedback. We've actually discussing if/what we can make an update on the map, but nothing is set in stone yet.