PDA

View Full Version : 5v5 Death & Destruction Descends Upon Nosgoth

Oghamsmith
20th Jan 2016, 16:03
http://cdn.sqexeu.com/files/nosgoth/misc/com/forum/5v5Social.png

The stench of seared flesh filled the air; matched only by that of a dense, clawing, smoke that clung inside the lungs of anyone unfortunate enough to sniff it. Still smouldering bodies littered the path, humans and vampires counting four apiece. Silence engulfed the scene but for the sound of crackling flesh and lumber.

A rogue wind parted the smoke for but a moment; that was all that was required. Still mourning, Arnoth spotted a Reaver 70 paces away. The vampires had added a fifth to their party as well it would seem. “How curious” Arnoth thought to himself as he calmly checked for his bola, stood up, and leveled his crossbow at the now rushing Reaver.

Update 2: The 5v5 TDM test has come to an end. Thank you all for participating, we hope you had a blast!

Update 1: We are extending the test! 5v5 will remain online for at least another week. Enjoy!

THIS. IS. A. TEST!
Prepare yourselves for DEATH and DESTRUCTION!!! No, I’m not talking about humans V vampires…I’m talking about devs and servers! Our brand new test queue – 5v5 TDM – has the potential to implode in upon itself, sending the Nosgoth dev team into a flurry of frantic typing; and giving our server hamsters more of a workout than perhaps their cute little hearts will be able to take. If that does happen, their efforts shall not be forgotten. RIP.

This we do for the greater good as we test 5v5 matchmaking in the wild for the first time ever. Nosgoth has been developed and balanced around the notion of 4v4 team based warfare, so all sorts of things could potentially go wrong during this test. Everything SHOULD play out normally, but you guys are fantastic at finding unanticipated ways to break the game(which is awesome btw ;)), and we reckon that you might enjoy the 5v5 experience, at least as a novel way to play Nosgoth for a few days.

COMMEMORATIVE BANNER
And those few days are key. This will be a relatively short test, with the 5v5 Queue sticking around until the 31st of January. Those of you who manage to manhandle your way through the mayhem of 10 matches during that time will receive a banner commemorating their heroic efforts. Oh, and for those wondering...we do want to increase the prominence of banners later down the line, once we've got a spare moment.

The banner will be delivered with Nosgoth's next game update, so if you don't receive it right away, don't worry, everything is ok.

WE WANT YOUR FEEDBACK!
It’s worth noting that at this time we don’t have any plans to introduce a permanent 5v5 queue, but we very much look forward to reading the feedback that we receive from the community. We want seeing what you think of the experience, and whether or not we could perhaps considering doing something with it again, later down the line.

Vampmaster
20th Jan 2016, 16:39
Banner suggestions:
Vorador's Dragon
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/legacyofkain/images/b/bb/Defiance-Texture-VampireCitadel-Mural-TheForgingOfTheReaver.png
He had this all over his mansion and tatooed on his arm. It might have been the one in the BO1 menus. I struggled to find a better picture of it, but it can be seen in this mural.
Lion of Willendorf
King Ottmar's crest and title
http://www.nosgoth.net/bloodomen/dialogue/act12.jpg
Moebius Mercenary Army
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/legacyofkain/images/e/ec/SR2-Texture-Lake-MercenaryArmy.png
Sarafan Angel Wings
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/legacyofkain/images/5/53/Defiance-Texture-Stronghold-SarafanBanner.png

Nurgor
20th Jan 2016, 16:43
+ nice idea theoretically
+ new banner
- nice idea IF matchmaking would work (first game: 2 * <100 hrs player in my team and 2* >800 hrs player in enemy team, this sucks in normal TDM too but in 5 vs 5 even more)
- glorius combos of 5 man tyrants/deceivers that **** up everything cause ppl dont change classes(in my team at least)
- 10 matches(* la 20 min) of "****" for a new banner :thud:
- every little imbalance(map advantages, combos, fail matchmaking, etc.) gets even more obvious and frustrating in 5 vs 5
- 5(4) man groups vs not 5(4) man groups is a thing that happens pretty frequent

i could list more negative things but i guess then it would be called whining(unless some ppl already declare the points till now as whining).
So in short: pls fix that Matchmaking (rewrite the algorithm, make it harder for solo players to end up against stacks, and pls consider the experience gap/hours played into MM)

ah... one more positive thing: rehearsed 5 man teams from Dota or Lol wont have to exclude one player anymore, i guess?

Ygdrasel
20th Jan 2016, 22:59
January 31st? Cool. That should give me time to play. :D Gotta say, it sucks when this sort of stuff comes up when I'm just about to be away. XD

5V5, huh...Oh boy. Let's see how this madness plays out then. ^_^

Vampmaster
21st Jan 2016, 00:18
It felt like the larger number of players skewed the game in favour of the vampires, although my team and I aren't exactly the most skilled, so it could just be the low level play as usual. The effect did seem greater though.

I don't know if bumping health or lowering damage accross the board (both sides all classes) just for that mode would slow the pace enough to get some of the strategy back. Or maybe better players prefer the faster pace. I don't know.

TheDreamcrusher
21st Jan 2016, 05:57
Yes!!! I love it. I remember reading an article about Nosgoth right around the free weekend in August '14 and I think Nosgoth had been advertised as a 5v5 game. Been looking forward to this.

Wolf_the_Legend
21st Jan 2016, 07:01
having only 10 ppl in the LOBBY let the framerate drop from 280-130 to 20 fps ... I mean two more banners let the frames dropped by minimum 110 fps .... srly :rolleyes:

and on those spots on the maps where u just dont get more fps than ~63 fps, no mater what is ur graphics card, if there a teamfight happens the frames go <40 fps ...

so over all the performance drops fare more than 20% ... maybe even up to 50%. (and in lobbies even more xD)

beside this imo huge performance issues ... 5v5 could actually be fun.

e_money1985
21st Jan 2016, 20:52
5v5 has been way too fun in my opinion. Just the total chaos as playing both Human and Vampire, is just amazingly entertaining. PLEASE make this an option for permanent que!

Burial_Ground
27th Jan 2016, 09:13
yeah the 5vs5 matches are nice. And not that chaotic as some folks think.
You just have to play aggressive, cover your mates, and mark the locations.
I use high performance video settings and i also streamed the 5vs5 matches, and that all went ok.
But imo you don't need more fps than your monitor's refresh rate so in my case that's around 60.

Oghamsmith
1st Feb 2016, 19:13
Due to the positive response that 5v5 TDM has received, we're going to keep the mode online for at least another week! Thanks for all of the feedback so far, it really is very much appreciated!

SonixSquad
1st Feb 2016, 23:22
It has been fun, chaotic but fun indeed! And sometimes thats what matters the most! You can't be ultra competitive all the time without burning a few nerve endings :D

Oghamsmith
10th Feb 2016, 13:47
The 5v5 TDM test has come to an end. Thank you all for participating, we hope you had a blast!

Vampmaster
10th Feb 2016, 13:48
The 5v5 TDM test has come to an end. Thank you all for participating, we hope you had a blast!

When do we get the banners? And will either of Flashpoint or Capture the Body be taking its place?

Oghamsmith
10th Feb 2016, 13:51
When do we get the banners? And will either of Flashpoint or Capture the Body be taking its place?

The banners will be delivered with the next game update. We won't be testing either Flashpoint or Capture the Body right now.

SquirtleAttaX
10th Feb 2016, 14:48
The banners will be delivered with the next game update. We won't be testing either Flashpoint or Capture the Body right now.

So when is actually the next game update? That's the answer you're giving since 2 weeks.

Oghamsmith
10th Feb 2016, 15:50
So when is actually the next game update? That's the answer you're giving since 2 weeks.

Sorry about that, I've been rather busy prepping plans and content over the last two weeks. I haven't been as active on the forum as I would like.

We haven't set a public release date for the next game update, we've still got more work to do on it to bring it up to snuff unfortunately. I'll talk about that a little bit more in a post going up later today.

Vampmaster
10th Feb 2016, 16:02
Sorry about that, I've been rather busy prepping plans and content over the last two weeks. I haven't been as active on the forum as I would like.

We haven't set a public release date for the next game update, we've still got more work to do on it to bring it up to snuff unfortunately. I'll talk about that a little bit more in a post going up later today.

Well, that doesn't sound very promising. If there's a delay, can you at least show some videos or pictures of the new stuff while we're waiting (tomorrow or friday)? Or if the Q&A is this week or early next week, that would do too.