PDA

View Full Version : attack mode

sl05tr34m
1st Jul 2002, 20:19
unfortunately, the manual skips over the attack mode so quickly that it doesn't explain fully the meaning of the red and white flags in the inteface. can sum1 pls elaborate.
does the red flag mean 'attack at will' or 'hold fire'?

Red Mage
1st Jul 2002, 20:27
Originally posted by sl05tr34m
unfortunately, the manual skips over the attack mode so quickly that it doesn't explain fully the meaning of the red and white flags in the inteface. can sum1 pls elaborate.
does the red flag mean 'attack at will' or 'hold fire'?

Hmm! you got me there are you reffering to the commandos 2 PS2 or PC. Because I have no clue in what your reffering but if it's PS2 I'm sure someone will answer that question soon enough.

Longshot
1st Jul 2002, 20:39
yeah I dont remember any red flags in the game either.

Xcom
1st Jul 2002, 20:42
Well, I remember them quite clearly altho I do not recall exactly what was what. I think red flag is when commandos will attack enemies automatically when they are in view.

Longshot
1st Jul 2002, 20:56
Could be...I always just hit "X" to do that.

sl05tr34m
2nd Jul 2002, 04:04
OK will elaborate further.
Commandos 2 : Men of Courage, PC version.
manual page 8, the game interface. if u will notice in the diagram provided there (lower left side), the label is 'attack mode'.
in the game, especially when an allied chararcter is selected (as in Target: Burma with the Gurkas), in the specified attack mode space u can toggle bettween a red flag or a white flag.
In the manual on page 13 where it explains attack mode it lacks mentioning the flags and their definitions.

btw, 10x 4 your responses

Red Mage
2nd Jul 2002, 07:16
Oh! I see what your refering now thanks for the explanation I say an A+ this time.

yes when selecting a allied soldier or even a commando you can place them on attack mode auto, let say you place a commando on any location where the enemy is about to come charging towards you, you can select the weapon of choice and select the "X" from your keyboard and it will auto shoot when the enemy gets on white flag of it's view same goes with using the Gurkas by selecting the stance of that unit it will auto shoot in the dirrection you aim when the enemy reaches near. The red flag indicates when and enemy has a clear view of you and is shooting at you, which meen your in danger of loosing it's life.

Rapid
2nd Jul 2002, 15:20
Dang! Learn something new every day.

iakovos
2nd Jul 2002, 15:48
Eh, not correct I am afraid dear Red Mage.
This was discussed in the past as well.
Both flags got to do with enemy shooting.
The red flag means that the ally or commando will start shooting automatically when an enemy reaches the shooting range of the selected weapon.
The white flag means that the ally or commando will NOT start shgooting when an enemy reaches the shooting range of the selected weapon.

If the ally wants to go from point A to point C and in point B there is an enemy there, the ally will shoot him when the RED flag is activated.
If the ally wants to go from point A to point C and in point B there is an enemy there, the ally will NOT shoot him when the WHITE flag is activated.

Both flags have to do with the ally or the commando shooting at the enemy. The red flag does not mean that an enemy is shooting or is in close range of you and you are about to die. That's incorrect.

Iakovos:)

Xcom
2nd Jul 2002, 18:42
Yes, I agree with that. :D

Red Mage
3rd Jul 2002, 04:03
Hmm! not sure what game where talking about here anymore but for me it does not work that way for me. Perhaps where confusing topics? it clearly works for me the other way, the way you explain is exactly what I was saying but in a different term of differnt reaction of the game which I could had included in that portion, but why?

Ranger
3rd Jul 2002, 07:46
I think that when you see the redflag the whiteflag is on and when you see a whiteflag the redflag is on simply.

iakovos
3rd Jul 2002, 09:56
Analyzing you:

Originally posted by Red Mage

yes when selecting a allied soldier or even a commando you can place them on attack mode auto...

Yes, that's correct. It's called auto shooting. The allied soldier or the commando opens fire when someone enters the range of his weapon( the entire red area depicted in the game).

let say you place a commando on any location where the enemy is about to come charging towards you, you can select the weapon of choice and select the "X" from your keyboard and it will auto shoot when the enemy gets <inside the range>

That's what I am talking about. Clear so far?

on white flag of it's view same goes with using the Gurkas by selecting the stance of that unit it will auto shoot in the dirrection you aim when the enemy reaches near.

Now I don't see where the white flag comes into focus for you. As I have already explained the white flag means that you will NOT open fire when you have selected the ally or commando. You say the same thing with the Ghurkas (which is correct) but the use of the flags has got nothing to do with the enemy view.

The red flag indicates when and enemy has a clear view of you and is shooting at you, which meen your in danger of loosing it's life.

As I have told you that's entirely incorrect. The red flag does not indicate that the enemy has a clear view of you and he will be shooting at you. The red flag means that YOU, the ally or commando will OPEN fire when the enemy enters the kill zone (the range of the weapon).

Red Mage
4th Jul 2002, 03:47
The red flag indicates when and enemy has a clear view of you and is shooting at you, which meen your in danger of loosing it's life.

As I have told you that's entirely incorrect. The red flag does not indicate that the enemy has a clear view of you and he will be shooting at you. The red flag means that YOU, the ally or commando will OPEN fire when the enemy enters the kill zone (the range of the weapon).

Iakovos

AaH see thats not what I ment on that, or in other words let me clearified it, if you notice when the enemy is shooting and striking you, as in bullets intering the body, the view turns "RED" thats the flag that I'm reffering too.

iakovos
4th Jul 2002, 09:14
The view turning red has got nothing to do with the red flag.