PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth State of Play: Mid-January 2016

Psyonix_Ryan
15th Jan 2016, 20:59
Happy New Year! This month, we’ve decided to run two State of Plays in order to bring you the latest in the world of Nosgoth. Without further ado, here is what we have planned for the foreseeable future.

ONGOING - New Map
We are thrilled to see the positive response to our latest map reveal, Silenced Cathedral. The team at Psyonix has been working a lot over the past few months to bring the map to life, and we hope to release it into the wild as soon as possible. Currently, we are putting the finishing touches and making sure you aren’t falling off the map when climbing walls.

http://esploded.s3.amazonaws.com/user_data/GooieGreen/oSI/-sct_vampfeedingarea002-1.jpg

Before Silenced Cathedral hits your regular map rotation, we wanted to share some additional concept art. Additionally, we’ll be posting a new lore post that goes over the importance of this once holy place and how it fits into the Legacy of Kain narrative. Keep your eyes on our social channels for more details.

ONGOING - New Class
Developing a new character class is a considerable undertaking, but it seems like the work is finally coming to an end. As we’ve hinted at previously (or at times, outright stated), the next class joining the battle for Nosgoth will be a human class. Think you can figure it out?

http://esploded.s3.amazonaws.com/user_data/GooieGreen/Z7Cu-NewHumanClass2.png

We’ll be bringing a full reveal and a handsome lore post in a few weeks.

ONGOING - League Beta 4.0
As a reminder, the current season of Nosgoth Leagues will be wrapping up on January 18th. More details can be found here (http://nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-league-returns-with-beta-4-0).

As was announced in December, all players that finish the season in Blood tier or higher will be receiving a new Sentinel ability with a unique VFX package attached. Although it won’t be available right away, we wanted to share what you’ll have in store.

Sonic Boom, the latest ability in the Sentinel’s arsenal, creates a powerful wake that knocks down nearby enemies as it dives toward the ground. This disabling effect can only be activated in the air and requires Sentinel’s to maintain a high-speed descent for the ability to work. While in use, the Sentinel will be more vulnerable to head on damage and it can fall down if it hits a wall prior to impacting on the ground. Similar to the Tyrant’s Charge, the Sentinel flies in a line and knocks back targets it collides with.

Once we put on the finishing touches on, we’ll be handing this new skill out to all eligible League players. The non-VFX version of Sonic Boom will also be available at the same time for purchase or for free for Veteran's Pack owners.

JANUARY - Community Stream
With 2016 underway, we are looking into running a few community live streams. Currently, we are aiming to have our next stream this upcoming week, so be on the lookout for an announcement. If you have any topics that you’d like us to discuss on the stream, let us know in the comments.

ONGOING - Loading Screen Tips
Whether you’ve put in a few hundred hours or are just starting out, getting a tip or a helpful reminder can help players improve. We’re currently working on bringing some essential gameplay tips to the loading screen, but before we drop them in, we’d like to hear what you think other players should know. We’ll be taking submissions right here in the comments, so keep it clean, friendly, and helpful!

--
And that'll do it -- another instalment of the Nosgoth State of Play has come to an end. What did you think of this month's edition? Do you have specific questions about our schedule? Want to make additional suggestions? Then let us know!

Ygdrasel
15th Jan 2016, 21:16
New class silhouette: YAY!

A new ability that will only be offered to League winners, people who already spent real money for a Vet Pack, or people willing to spend real money to buy it outright: Immediate cessation of any and all enthusiasm.

Unless "for purchase" here means gold, the temptation to uninstall just skyrocketed.

And a Sentinel colliding with people and knocking them down is less of a sonic boom, more of a...Collision. O.o

Razaiim
15th Jan 2016, 21:24
If I'm understanding the description right, it sounds like a VFX'd version of Divebomb. Doesn't seem like a new ability.

Shikei001
15th Jan 2016, 21:28
A new ability that will only be offered to League winners, people who already spent real money for a Vet Pack, or people willing to spend real money to buy it outright: Immediate cessation of any and all enthusiasm.

Unless "for purchase" here means gold, the temptation to uninstall just skyrocketed.

Lol league players only get the benefit of the special FX^^ The skill will be in store like aaaaaaaaaaaall the other skills aswell xD (for gold)

Ysanoire
15th Jan 2016, 21:30
Ooh, nice post. New class hype! And can't wait to try the new ability.

All abilities have always been buyable with gold, so idk why this should be any different.

Ygdrasel
15th Jan 2016, 21:40
Lol league players only get the benefit of the special FX^^

All abilities have always been buyable with gold, so idk why this should be any different.

I get the VFX (whatever that may be) is for League players. For the non-VFX, it says "for purchase" and follows up with "for free for Veteran's Pack owners". That makes it sound like a runestone purchase, save for Vet Pack owners. Otherwise, it's 'free' for anybody. Maybe the wording's just off. We'll see, I guess. :D

That silhouette's weapon kinda looks like a small sickle...But it's a human class, right? Gotta be a gun or something. Maybe some kind of a shotgun, it's got the length...

Vampmaster
15th Jan 2016, 21:56
It looks like a shotgun (with small hook/blade at the tip) as he seems to be holding it with two hands, although it could also be a harpoon launcher. While the range and spread of a shotgun are a style of gameplay I enjoy (I'm not so great at aiming), the idea of more guns in a low tech time period seems a bit unoriginal. I'm sure there other physical and mystical contraptions that could acomplish the same type of attack cone. The prophet's pistols were kindof conterversial when that class came out.

I'm pretty sure the sentinal ability will be purchasable for gold. If not, it's going against the SE's own argument of why the game is not pay to win. The ability also sounds like a horizontal slide landing.

troublemak9r
15th Jan 2016, 22:12
guys, im so excited, cant wait to see the new map and class live. The new map looks epic and the new class, some kind of rifle or shotgun pew? i love it! :)

Da_Wolv
15th Jan 2016, 22:20
LOADING SCREEN TIP SUGGESTIONS:

Lets get the most important out of the way first:
USING CAMO WILL MAKE YOU HARDER TO SEE - BOT NOT FULLY INVISIBLE - YOU CAN ALSO STILL BE SEEN WHEN TAKING DAMAGE, WHEN POISONED OR WITH THE HELP OF SONIC SHRIEK.
(I just today had another noob accusing me and my entire team of cheating because he thought he should be undetectable)

Holding down RMB2 with Disguise will render you completely invisible to humans for a short duration of time.

Being in Disguise as a Deceiver will allow the enemies to see you through walls. Make sure you cannot be seen when coming out of stealth or attacking from weird positions, such as rooftops.

Sometimes, using a quick melee can save your life! Don't count on your reload when time is of the essence.

Watch for dust on the floor when you hear a vampire growl. A stealthed Deceiver might be sneaking up on you!

Ygdrasel
15th Jan 2016, 22:33
the idea of more guns in a low tech time period seems a bit unoriginal.

Agreed.

And yeah, that's why the wording set me instantly on edge. Because if it's meant to read the way I read it, there's pay-to-win going on here and that'd be gross.

And the way I envision Sonic Boom is like an inverted half-arc moving into a horizontal flight parallel to ground, the wind of the wings blasting humans to the floor.

Mel_sin
15th Jan 2016, 22:37
I get the VFX (whatever that may be) is for League players. For the non-VFX, it says "for purchase" and follows up with "for free for Veteran's Pack owners". That makes it sound like a runestone purchase, save for Vet Pack owners. Otherwise, it's 'free' for anybody. Maybe the wording's just off. We'll see, I guess. :D

League participants will get the ability with the special visual (VFX), everyone else will be able to buy it in the shop for gold as usual, and those who bought the Definitive Pack (I think Ryan confused those) - which grants you access to all available and future abilities and classes - will get it for free.

GenFeelGood
15th Jan 2016, 22:40
With regard to the new ability, let me see if I understand this. It activates and is delivered through a nose dive upon those being targeted; but do we need to completely touch down for this to work or is this more of a fly by, a nose dive followed by an abrupt vertical ascension? Also, is this a special, primary, or secondary ability?

Ygdrasel
15th Jan 2016, 22:44
With regard to the new ability, let me see if I understand this. It activates and is delivered through a nose dive upon those being targeted; but do we need to completely touch down for this to work or is this more of a fly by, a nose dive followed by an abrupt vertical ascension? Also, is this a special, primary, or secondary ability?

Most feedback has requested a replacement primary option so I'd wager it's primary.

And if it's a touch-down thing, it really does just sound like a new version of Dive Bomb. :(

Shikei001
15th Jan 2016, 23:22
Also, is this a special, primary, or secondary ability?

Only special abilitys can have a VFX^^ So u have to trade Abduct/Kidnap^^

GenFeelGood
16th Jan 2016, 04:29
Only special abilitys can have a VFX^^ So u have to trade Abduct/Kidnap^^

Dang it, you're right.

CountEyokir
16th Jan 2016, 08:29
hmmmm ... the new human looks like he's holding a rifle or a shotgun of some kind. Some sort of primitive gun with a bayonet. At first I thought he was wearing a helmet but that could be a Mohawk too. We'll have to see. Also I see that the new map isn't being referred to as 'the nest' anymore. I declare victory on the communities behalf for the name change. Although this does mean I have new classes to make audio dramas out of

senjuj
16th Jan 2016, 09:42
lol shotgun. its rifle. (or guitar). looks like conquistador or musketeer.

enkaku-silence-
16th Jan 2016, 11:56
If I'm understanding the description right, it sounds like a VFX'd version of Divebomb. Doesn't seem like a new ability.

At first I thought the Sentinel will remain in the air and just scream at the ground and the aiming was like Summoners Hellstrike. But I guess you are right.

Oghamsmith
16th Jan 2016, 16:18
Glad to see such a positive response to yesterday's post. I know you guys were a bit underwhelmed with December's SoP, but making this post around the new year didn't make a ton of sense when plenty of people would have their priorities on family and drinking responsibly :P.

Anyway, I just wanted to clear up any confusion around the new Sentinel ability. It will be available in the store for gold. The only difference between this ability release, and every other ability release; is that players in Blood and above (at the end of League beta 4.0) will get the Sonic Boom + VFX combo that won't be available any other way.

vampirelucky
16th Jan 2016, 20:17
Glad to see such a positive response to yesterday's post. I know you guys were a bit underwhelmed with December's SoP, but making this post around the new year didn't make a ton of sense when plenty of people would have their priorities on family and drinking responsibly :P.

Anyway, I just wanted to clear up any confusion around the new Sentinel ability. It will be available in the store for gold. The only difference between this ability release, and every other ability release; is that players in Blood and above (at the end of League beta 4.0) will get the Sonic Boom + VFX combo that won't be available any other way.

Will the League reward ability also feature stats? e.g. +CDR, -Climb Speed and +HP, -HP regen speed

Otherwise people will use Arcane/Mystery items instead and the unique VFX will be wasted...

Vampmaster
16th Jan 2016, 20:51
Will the League reward ability also feature stats? e.g. +CDR, -Climb Speed and +HP, -HP regen speed

Otherwise people will use Arcane/Mystery items instead and the unique VFX will be wasted...

Ideally, we should be able to re-roll/customise all stats and abilities in the forge. If we ever get that sorted out, it wouldn't matter what the starting stats were.

TheDreamcrusher
16th Jan 2016, 21:37
A rifleman, huh? I didn't see that coming. I had hoped for something more arcane.

Phattt
16th Jan 2016, 21:39
I've played Nosgoth before and I came to play it again today. A friend of mine told me that now we have a launcher, sounds cool! My problem is when I start the game it appears on Steam as "Executing" and then stops, nothing happens. I've installed DirectX 9, .NET Framework 4.5, I've started the game as admin, reinstalled, restarted PC and Steam.. Any solutions? Thanks everyone

Ygdrasel
17th Jan 2016, 00:34
I've played Nosgoth before and I came to play it again today. A friend of mine told me that now we have a launcher, sounds cool! My problem is when I start the game it appears on Steam as "Executing" and then stops, nothing happens. I've installed DirectX 9, .NET Framework 4.5, I've started the game as admin, reinstalled, restarted PC and Steam.. Any solutions? Thanks everyone

Might post this in the tech issues forum.

Ygdrasel
17th Jan 2016, 00:36

Good to hear! Any more news we can get on how Sonic Boom works?
Seems many are thinking it's basically just Divebomb.

Seems to be some great speculation about that skin silhouette already. If it is some manner of shotgun or rifle he's holding, as some say, I'm just hoping the lore ties it into that never-explained gun Kain finds in Moebius' museum during Blood Omen. The silhouette looks similar enough.

And a bit of advice: When the time comes, it might help to release the Elite Skin concept art before starting any major modeling work. The Prophet's skin art was quite poorly received right off the bat and it seemed like you guys were too far along to really incorporate much of the feedback.

snapperhead_au
17th Jan 2016, 10:51
The post indicates "the current season of Nosgoth Leagues will be wrapping up on January 18th." It's the January 17th today, but the league appears to have finished.
The PLAY -> Leagues tab shows "No Series Are Currently Running", however the in-game Home screen is indicating "Nosgoth Leagues BETA 4.0 LIVE NOW".
Is Beta 4.0 still on or not?

SqEnixBot
17th Jan 2016, 11:20
My questions are these: Is there going to be a Leagues 5.0 season? If so, when is it going to be taking place approximately, not exactly?

The post indicates "the current season of Nosgoth Leagues will be wrapping up on January 18th." It's the January 17th today, but the league appears to have finished.
The PLAY -> Leagues tab shows "No Series Are Currently Running", however the in-game Home screen is indicating "Nosgoth Leagues BETA 4.0 LIVE NOW".
Is Beta 4.0 still on or not?

Well, since you cannot access it, it is off.

MikaelMinderbinder
19th Jan 2016, 19:50
State of Game, Game is dead. I am the only person queued in my area. Last night there were only enough people playing to amount to one full game, of which 4 players were "Just ******* around with bots bro". Less worthless content, more advertisement and anti cheat.

Ygdrasel
19th Jan 2016, 20:49
State of Game, Game is dead. I am the only person queued in my area. Last night there were only enough people playing to amount to one full game, of which 4 players were "Just ******* around with bots bro". Less worthless content, more advertisement and anti cheat.

Nosgoth has always had a crap player population. And the game has no bots...

Advertisement will probably come with the official release.

MikaelMinderbinder
19th Jan 2016, 21:26
Don't be willfully ignorant of course it has bots. Go to youtube and watch top tier players be banned for it.

Theres also No Tells (Vampires make no noise; footsteps, growls etc) Map hacks, Speed Hacks, Aim Bots/Assists and No Cooldowns. I've watched someone aim bot all round one just to start speed hacking/breaking the sound barrier as Tyrant. Now the **** anti-cheat Nosgoth has actually got that guy but only because of the insane speed hack, it allowed him to aim bot an entire round blatantly. But most others require you to waste you're time reporting them on both steam and to square enix archiving and uploading noscam.