PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for those that have finished it (thinking of getting it for PC).

Timberley
13th Jan 2016, 10:56
Hi folks!

Well, I much as I really enjoyed the 2013 reboot, I couldn't stand the segments of gameplay that were on rails like this, as finishing them felt more like luck than skill:

https://youtu.be/imQ6iSHkIzY?t=18s

(Fun fact: I did that exact section ~20 times before I passed it; the motion just kept messing me up and I ended up with a spike through Lara's head every time. In the end I lucked out and got through it, but I did nothing different.)

So, simple question really: is there a lot of this in RotTR? If not, but it exists, how much of the actually gameplay would you say it amounts to?

I know I could browse YouTube for Let's Plays and other such videos, but I prefer to go into the game 'story blind', if I do get it.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

a_big_house
13th Jan 2016, 11:13
I don't recall there being any segments like that, there's a few 'slide and hit X to stop' and 'shoot whilst dangling in the air' moments, but nothing like the parachute.

Tecstar70
13th Jan 2016, 13:02
No, nothing like that I recall either. I don't recall there being as many QTE either.

Timberley
14th Jan 2016, 09:10
Amazing! Thanks for that both of you! Fewer QTEs is a massive plus point to no rails sections too! Looks like I'm going to have to do the tax return that bit faster to play the game now... :D

Tim

a_big_house
14th Jan 2016, 12:12
Don't worry, you've still got 13 days left to save up :D

Tecstar70
14th Jan 2016, 12:28
Amazing! Thanks for that both of you! Fewer QTEs is a massive plus point to no rails sections too! Looks like I'm going to have to do the tax return that bit faster to play the game now... :D

Tim

IMO you wont be disappointed.

Timberley
11th Feb 2016, 03:26
And neither of you are wrong so far! Just doing some collecting before hitting the Deathless Path, and so far I've loved the game, though I did feel that Jonah needed a smack around the head on occasion...

Tim