PDA

View Full Version : I just gotta brag....

littlek
1st Jul 2002, 19:12
Everyone else in my town is tired of hearing me brag about this so I thought I'd pester everyone in here.

I took my 4 year old horse to his first horse show Sunday and he WON! Two blues and a second. I will be honest with you taffers -the competition was NIL, the classes were walk and trot for beginner horses and he made many newbie mistakes but he did more right than wrong. We got the second place because he didn't want to trot between the jumps....he was having too much FUN!

So here is the star:

http://www.culver.org/theacademies/laptop/littlek/Baker4yo.jpg

Speedy[143]
1st Jul 2002, 20:10
Oh littlek he's BEAUTIFUL:D

Everyone has to start somewhere be it man or beast... I hope you both continue to have TOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!! and win many many ribbons in the future:)

XXXOOO
Speedy

SlyFoxx
1st Jul 2002, 20:11
Good show and congratulations.:)

sly

BrokenArts
1st Jul 2002, 20:16
Aaaaaawwwww littlek, he is beautiful!!! I am glad you guys had a good time......and he won!!! That is soooo cool. You must of been on cloud nine....:D :)

RicknMel
1st Jul 2002, 20:30
Congrats littlek :)

I won't try to pretend to know anything about horses......but that is one fine looking horse. :)

Nightwalker
1st Jul 2002, 20:30
Congratulations, littlek!!

He's a beautiful horse and I'm sure you're very proud of his accomplisments!

littlek
1st Jul 2002, 20:56
:) littlek blushes ahhhh, thanks guys. I am very proud of him since I missed him being born by only about 1 hour (he was still wet). So we go way back.

RiCh
1st Jul 2002, 21:56
I love horse’s, such beautiful and elegant creatures! And he’s one fine looking horse! You must be very proud Littlek! WELL DONE! But what’s the champs name??

Thorin Oakenshield
1st Jul 2002, 22:03
Hi littlek,
What Rich said :D
If I could every afford to go to the states for a Looong holiday I think I'd like a cowboy holiday (Yeah sad aint I) driving cattle etc sleep under the stars.

Thorin dreams of riding into the sunset without a care in the world Whack!!! Back to reality :D

littlek
1st Jul 2002, 22:26
RiCh - I keep names simple. His name is Baker. Some day I'll enter his name as 'Taffer' at a show where points do not matter for the division I show him in. It would be interesting to see if anyone 'pricks their ears' so to speak.

Thorin - my husband grew up on a West Texas cattle ranch and cannot understand why anyone would want to do that kind of work on a vacation. He just does not understand the lure of 'the wild west" to us yanks. It is hard work. But he named my horse 'Baker' after a ranch hand that he admired, pestered and followed around when he was a little boy chasing calves around on his pony. So he must have liked someting about the life. ;)

Thanks Huntress. I am lucky I have my own land and can do almost all the work of keeping horses. Otherwise, I would not be able to afford these wonderful animals.

Huntress
1st Jul 2002, 22:26
I've always had a love of horses littlek and I envy you and your ability to have them, especially being able to "show and ride them in competions" and the extra bonus of winning some too! That's really a tribute to your training and his ability to perform for you :) Congrats to both of you! Ta and Good Hunting! :)

BrokenArts
1st Jul 2002, 23:13
littlek, forgive me for not remembering where you are located. But I just saw a news report, aimed at horses and their owners.
You may know this already, just passing the word here.
The West Nile virus has hit in Houston here, and they are afraid it is just a matter of time for it to hit here in Dallas. They urge horse owners to get their horses vacinated against the disease for a mere $20.00. Findout from your local vet. Thought I would let you know!
That is sooo scary.
You have a beauty there. :)

littlek
1st Jul 2002, 23:17
I have had trouble getting the vaccine up here because most of what is available is being sent south. There was a case reported one county south of me and so the vaccine is becoming more available. Thanks for the update though. I'll need to get more aggressive about this. :(