PDA

View Full Version : Any specifications on NG+?

crimzontearz
7th Jan 2016, 17:58
I know the feature was confirmed but....will it be a proper NG+ (like Mass Effect, Baldur's gate or Dead space) with optional difficulty increase (and possibly a new difficulty level) and infinite replays or not?

Also....how exactly did it work on Deus Ex Human Revolution? Infinite replays? Just one? Forced difficulty spike? I am thiking of picking it back up for free on the 16th.

SageSavage
8th Jan 2016, 06:57
As far as I know, none has been said about that yet.

The original release of HR didn't have a NG+ mode, only the Directors Cut. I think the only difference was that you started with all the augmentations you had installed at the end of your first run.

crimzontearz
9th Jan 2016, 02:40
As far as I know, none has been said about that yet.

The original release of HR didn't have a NG+ mode, only the Directors Cut. I think the only difference was that you started with all the augmentations you had installed at the end of your first run.

Yes...and in the director's cut was the NG+ repeatable or a one shot deal?

Quite honestly I am hoping for a proper NG+ this time around

SageSavage
9th Jan 2016, 07:58
Yes...and in the director's cut was the NG+ repeatable or a one shot deal?

Quite honestly I am hoping for a proper NG+ this time around
I don't know if it's repeatable but what would be the point? By the end of your first run you'll probably have everything almost maxed out - which, in my opinion takes away a significant amount of fun for a second run already. Why would you want to do this a third time then? Anyway, if that's what you want you could just use a safe game from the beginning of your second run and you'll get virtually the same result.

crimzontearz
9th Jan 2016, 11:58
Same reason why I did 12+ runs of Mass Effect 1-2-3 all in NG+...because I like to enjoy the character I worked hard to build and loathe having to start from scratch. It is MUCH more fun to me to enjoy the freedomain of having all the options opened to me (after I worked to open them). A slew of games do this rather well....Crysis 1-2-3, Dead Space, Mass Effect 1-2-3, Baldur's Gate 1-2, Baldur's gate Dark alliance 1-2, Resident Evil (from 2 on). As long as it is an option which obviously pleases a number of players and it is not forced upon people like you who enjoy starting from scratch who cares?

SageSavage
9th Jan 2016, 15:14
Same reason why I did 12+ runs of Mass Effect 1-2-3 all in NG+...because I like to enjoy the character I worked hard to build and loathe having to start from scratch. It is MUCH more fun to me to enjoy the freedomain of having all the options opened to me (after I worked to open them). A slew of games do this rather well....Crysis 1-2-3, Dead Space, Mass Effect 1-2-3, Baldur's Gate 1-2, Baldur's gate Dark alliance 1-2, Resident Evil (from 2 on). As long as it is an option which obviously pleases a number of players and it is not forced upon people like you who enjoy starting from scratch who cares?

Of course. For me personally, NG+ can be appealing too but only in games that offer me something new with each run. A good example would be games with (partly) procedurally created content that are not very story-driven (ie. Diablo-likes, vast open world/sandbox games, etc.). DX falls in between sandbox and story-driven but aug'ing up plays such a huge role that without this element and in addition to the fact that I feel your character is usually overpowered by mid-game already, a NG+ doesn't tempt me much.

In reality I actually very rarely use NG+ in any game because there's usually something else on my whishlist, that tempts me more. Although I can be a completionist too, exploring new territory always wins for me.

crimzontearz
9th Jan 2016, 16:39
Right, but a number if players do a "work playthrough" to build their character then do NG+ as a leisure or reward playthrough. Bio ware understood this with Mass Effect....the DA team tho is still stuck on stupid

CyberP
16th Jan 2016, 07:15
Same reason why I did 12+ runs of Mass Effect 1-2-3 all in NG+

lol