PDA

View Full Version : Shoot Switches, Rollingballs & D. Jackson's Spike Walls... More problems...

El Diablo
1st Jul 2002, 16:10
And so it's time for another one of my traps to disobey... This time it's the spike walls that aren't antitriggered.

It's a + shaped room. There's a spike wall in each 'corridor'. When Lara drops down in the middle of the +, where the 'corridors' meet, a PAD trigger is activating the spike walls. Lara has to shoot four shoot switches (SWITCH_TYPE8's) in a room above the + room (the rooms and the triggers are stacked). But there's a problem. Only one switch needs to be shot for the walls to stop. Yes, I have splitted the triggers into four (TCB buttons 1 in the first SWITCH trigger 2 in the second, 3 in the third and 4,5 in the fourth) in both rooms. And I have tried splitting HEAVY triggers in a room with rollingballs (where each rollingball is triggered by a shoot switch). If I do that the walls doesn't stop at all.

Please help. This trap is very important for my level.

Thanks in advance. :)

MountainDewNut
1st Jul 2002, 16:56
I will have to try this out for myself..... If i get it to work, i'll send a prj, so you can take a look.

Chronicles5
1st Jul 2002, 16:59
if i could open the rar file that has the wad in it, perhaps i could help, what program opens rar files??? I can't get to the wad. :(

aktrekker
1st Jul 2002, 17:00
I haven't experimented with this alot, but this is what I have found about antitrigger.
First, a trigger turns on switches in the object. All 5 switches must be on to trigger the object.
An antitrigger turns off the switches for the object. The problem is that once a single switch is turned off, the object is no longer triggered (all 5 must be on).

So antitriggers are all-or-nothing. You can't do multiple antitriggers to disable an object.

One thing I haven't tested is starting the object with all of the OCB bits turned on, so the object is triggered right from the start. Then a trigger works like an antitrigger, and you might be able to do it in parts. But this wouldn't help your trap, would it?

Chronicles5
1st Jul 2002, 17:08
now you said you tried rollingballs right? have you tried this:

the 4 switches activate the 5 code bits of the rollingball together, and on the square the rollingball is on has a heavyantitrigger for the spikewall??? that should work, if it doesnt, then do little experimental tests to see:

-is it the switches?
-is it the rollingball?
-is it the spikeswall?

try having a simple anittrigger for the wall to test out if it can be antitriggered, then try out some other triggers for the rollingball/switches. ;) hope this helps!! ;)

El Diablo
1st Jul 2002, 17:09
Originally posted by Chronicles5
if i could open the rar file that has the wad in it, perhaps i could help, what program opens rar files??? I can't get to the wad. :(
I use WinRAR. I believe you can get it from Download.com (http://www.download.com). ;)

Originally posted by aktrekker
I haven't experimented with this alot, but this is what I have found about antitrigger.
First, a trigger turns on switches in the object. All 5 switches must be on to trigger the object.
An antitrigger turns off the switches for the object. The problem is that once a single switch is turned off, the object is no longer triggered (all 5 must be on).

So antitriggers are all-or-nothing. You can't do multiple antitriggers to disable an object.

One thing I haven't tested is starting the object with all of the OCB bits turned on, so the object is triggered right from the start. Then a trigger works like an antitrigger, and you might be able to do it in parts. But this wouldn't help your trap, would it?
Well, I think I said something wrong about my first try. :o Instead of antitriggering the walls, the splitted switches triggers one rollingball which antitriggers the walls. The walls stopped when only one switch was shot.

And if I press all buttons in the walls' OCBs, they will start moving when I begin the level, and thus, they will be about one million miles away when I finally get to the room.

Chronicles5
1st Jul 2002, 17:23
i dont know how to use winrar it keeps giving me stuff from chamber.rar (a custom level I got a while ago) a karnak.was etc. when I want spikewall stuff :confused: could someone get it in zip format?? id really appreciate it ;)

El Diablo
1st Jul 2002, 17:28
Hmmm... Try double-clicking on the '..' folder...

El Diablo
1st Jul 2002, 17:29
Originally posted by Chronicles5
try having a simple anittrigger for the wall to test out if it can be antitriggered
I already have another spike wall which is antitriggered. ;)

Chronicles5
1st Jul 2002, 17:33
i get a default.sfx, and thats it :confused:

D. Jackson
1st Jul 2002, 17:41
I 've put the WAD in a ZIP file.

Download the ZIP-file HERE (http://www.digitalcore.de/spikewall.zip).

MountainDewNut
1st Jul 2002, 18:16
Thanx! ;)

El Diablo
1st Jul 2002, 18:45
I could place trapdoors under each switch except for one. Then Lara has to shoot them in order (the switch without trapdoor triggers the trapdoor under the second switch etc.). :)

Chronicles5
1st Jul 2002, 19:22
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!! I really appreciate it can you tell?? :D:D ;) :)

inchdix
2nd Jul 2002, 08:41
EL DIABLO....... you should be able to get this working using OCB for the shoot switches....... but you should be using HEAVYSWITCH triggers instead of simple heavy or heavy antitriggers .......

Hope this helps

INCH