PDA

View Full Version : weird

Thorup
1st Jul 2002, 15:22
A enemy can't see you at long distance when you crawl, but he can see a dead body lying down at long distance.

That should be fixed:mad:

Longshot
1st Jul 2002, 16:13
Yeah that's a little strange, but I doubt they'd fix that now ;)

Thorup
1st Jul 2002, 19:09
yeah. and the game would be too easy then anyway

iakovos
2nd Jul 2002, 15:58
He can spot a pack of smokes but not you!
Well, I do hope it will be fixed in C3.

Iakovos:)

Yakkalot
2nd Jul 2002, 17:33
Originally posted by iakovos

Thats because they're all addicted to nicotine, and not their latent homosexuality... ;)

Would you run if you saw a sweaty muscle-bound man lying down, bum up, or a pack of ***s (no pun intended)?

;)

Thorup
2nd Jul 2002, 18:14
but they don't notice natasha either....

Aeternus
2nd Jul 2002, 21:23
Aryans where supposed to be a superior race, maybe they had an acute vision, enhanced with heat sensors. OOOppps my bad, that Return to Castle Wolfenstein. :D

Thorup
3rd Jul 2002, 18:37
I am an Arian, but my vision is ok

(an arian is one who speeks an indoeuropean language, allthough I am blond and tall)

iakovos
3rd Jul 2002, 20:05
The Indoeuropean language is the mother of all possible languages. There is not a single man alive who speaks that language cause it is a theory.

Rathen
4th Jul 2002, 06:21
LoL at Iavakos

iakovos
4th Jul 2002, 09:12
Open a book, Rathen. Preferably a linguistics book :p

Aeternus
4th Jul 2002, 15:19
Makes sense, I was just refering to aryan, as Hiter's vision of a perfect race.

Indoeuropean language? how could that be possible, if they say that men originated from Africa and made their way thru Europe then Asia?

Thorup
4th Jul 2002, 19:32
No that's wrong Iakovos.

and don't try to say something against what I am about to say cos I have been studying a lot about languages:

the indoeuropean language is just one among several languages. arabian is for example not among the indoeuropean, but a semettic language(think that is what it is called in english)

I don't wanna write more examples cos there are so many

iakovos
4th Jul 2002, 23:59
The Arian race is a theory, and not a very good one. The name Arian comes from the ancient Greek God of War Aris (Mars is the Latin equivalent of the same god). Hitler tried to created a theory that connects the ancient times with modern theories. He failed mizerably but he was believed nevertheless.

As for men originating from Africa, that's another different and not so correct theory. It is widely known as the myth for "the Black Athena", saying that Greeks actually were Africans. The whole theory is nonsense (with no offense to Black people, Greeks are not black or African originated). Greek races descended from the West, not East.

Language does not have any connection with the origins of people. It is a theory on the subject that MAYBE there was a mother tongue, from which all other tongues were produced. It is a theory.
It is called Indoeuropean cause it connects Asia (India) with Europe (it is a geographic term, not a linguistic term). The Germans called it Indogermanic language (see anything different? Indogermanische Sprachwissenschaft).
That is not wrong, Thorup. You maybe studying languages as a hobby. For me it is my profession.
The Indoeuropean language is considered to be the first ever spoken language. It is NOT one of the many languages around cause IT IS not spoken by anyone. It is NOT a dead language, like ancient Greek, Latin or Sanskrit (ancient indian) cause it is a made up language. As I have stated it is a THEORY of the origins of languages. If you want more details I can provide a huge ammount of bibliography on the matter.
As for the arabic, they belong to a different family of languages called Semetic-Hammitic languages, which are connected to the Indoeuropean language.
The Indoeuropean language was produced after careful examination of a grand variety of languages as Greek, Italian, Albanian, Indoiranian, Hettitic, armenian etc.

√Čakovos:)

Ranger
5th Jul 2002, 06:56
Hey whos written that :D

Thorup
5th Jul 2002, 11:31
it is iakovos. he is so good at writing long txts although none reads them so who would know anyway

Thorup
5th Jul 2002, 11:37
hey Iakovos. after reading what you wrote I found it very interesting acctually.

I didn't know that languages were your profession.

what about the bascian language, which is talked some places in spain. (think it is bascian in english, it is baskisk in norwegian)
that language doesn't relate to any other language.

iakovos
5th Jul 2002, 11:38
It's hard to be right! :D (double meaning here)...lol :p

There are nearly 2.800 spoken languages in the world today. 100 of them are the most known due to historical, political, economical and sociological reasons.
The bascic (bascian, baskik, taken its name of the Pays Basque, the Bascian country) is a variation of Spanish. Spanish are connected either with the Latin Language directly or the Celtic group of languages through the Brettonic, Goidelic or Galatic language (mostly the third).

Thorup
5th Jul 2002, 11:40
but u still haven't ansered about the bascian language

Ranger
5th Jul 2002, 13:10
Hey iakovos are you somekinda proffessor or something...:rolleyes:

iakovos
5th Jul 2002, 17:14
I teach (well, I wish to... till I get appointed) Greek Literature.
I studied Advanced Linguistics at the University.
The science behind the origins of languages is called Comparative History Linguistics and I studied it for one year.

Ranger
5th Jul 2002, 20:25
How do you have time for Commandos:confused:

Thorup
5th Jul 2002, 20:50
he don't. he just post around here without even having played commandos once.

you see I don't think ever he has responded in a way which proves that he has played commandos in any thread.

iakovos
5th Jul 2002, 21:28
I did post those screenshots about my tactics on bonus mission 4.
My commentary on missions seems unimportant to you somehow.
Ohmygod!:eek: :eek:
Aliens have kidnapped Thorup!

Lancelot
6th Jul 2002, 02:03
... The name Arian comes from the ancient Greek God of War Aris (Mars is the Latin equivalent of the same god). ... [/B]

This is a little late but I believe eh, Mars is the Roman equivalent of Aris...

Yakkalot
6th Jul 2002, 08:29
It is a given symantec that latin is Roman, don't be so pedantic :)

iakovos
6th Jul 2002, 09:51
Originally posted by Lancelot

This is a little late but I believe eh, Mars is the Roman equivalent of Aris...

Roman/Latin= the same thing.

Ranger
6th Jul 2002, 10:29
Back to subject please.;)

Aeternus
6th Jul 2002, 22:10
Ares is the Greek spirit of war and often confused with Roman Mars.

iakovos
6th Jul 2002, 22:15
Ares is the Greek God of war.
Mars is the Latin God of war.
They both have the same abilities.

Saadak
7th Jul 2002, 01:04
No.. it's not Latin... it's Roman... putz

Ranger
7th Jul 2002, 09:16
Yeah yeah I know these anticgods

Like: Zeus-Juppiter etc

iakovos
7th Jul 2002, 16:17
Originally posted by Saadak
No.. it's not Latin... it's Roman... putz

What have you been drinking lately, ccp?

Yakkalot
7th Jul 2002, 23:23
Roman = Latin.

So simple yet you can't seem to comprehend can you CCCP?

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
8th Jul 2002, 10:56

As for men originating from Africa, that's another different and not so correct theory. It is widely known as the myth for "the Black Athena", saying that Greeks actually were Africans. The whole theory is nonsense (with no offense to Black people, Greeks are not black or African originated). Greek races descended from the West, not East.

Why is this nonsense?
In Almost every book and science show i've seen they all mention that man originates from africa.
why...because earth was once ONE big continent.
who how can this then be wrong?
Is the great Ikavos re-writing history and changing the past of earth?!?

<Edit> So If Greeks Aren't from east (or africa, whatever you mean) then you must be the infimous aliens everyone are talking about(X-Files)

Ohh dear......i fear that this is not going to end well :confused:

1shot1kill
8th Jul 2002, 18:46
Back to the very first topic

Well, a commando is camouflaged, trained in sneaking around undetected and a cigarette pack is well not and for the fact it is white you would see it from miles away. :D

Saadak
8th Jul 2002, 19:18
Originally posted by [PAK]Krwawy Lew

Why is this nonsense?
In Almost every book and science show i've seen they all mention that man originates from africa.

<Edit> So If Greeks Aren't from east (or africa, whatever you mean) then you must be the infimous aliens everyone are talking about(X-Files)

;)

Thorup
10th Jul 2002, 21:11
Originally posted by [PAK]Krwawy Lew

Why is this nonsense?

;)

1shot1kill
10th Jul 2002, 21:14
Strange, i have seen Iakovos come online on msn several times the past few days and he avoided this board, wonder if he is embarrased about something. :p

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
11th Jul 2002, 12:14
And when it comes to the Ayrian Theory :confused:
Now this is just me...but i heard that ayrian means like arab or something like that.
now you may think...."how does this f*****g idiot figure that?"
well....Iran means in other words "Land Of The Ayrian"
but heck....i could be wrong, very wrong for that matter about the whole thing.
I Would go into more detail about this......but i don't really remember much about it now.
Just that Hitler for some reason would become and ally with the Iranian Folks.

My 45 dollars :D

"I Am Not A Historian.....I'm Just A Mare Observer Of The Past"

Thorup
11th Jul 2002, 15:40
The language talked in Iran is not an semitic language, and therefore not arab language!

the iranian language or aryan language if u prefer, is a indoeuropean language, which arabian is not.

Xcom
11th Jul 2002, 15:48
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
Strange, i have seen Iakovos come online on msn several times the past few days and he avoided this board, wonder if he is embarrased about something. :p

Not getting the last post in the old board, maybe? :D

Ranger
12th Jul 2002, 09:19
Thats kinda weird that the germans dont look at the houses.
like this pic shows up:D http://www.camo6.freeservers.com/Weird.jpg

Thorup
12th Jul 2002, 10:04
if they do they'll just get killed:cool:

iakovos
12th Jul 2002, 21:44
The Human race as a species actually DID originate from Africa (the one continent theory) but the Greek races came and inhabited Greece from the West. We are talking about two different theories, chronologically separated.
The one continent was called Pagaia (whole earth) and humans evolved in what we call Africa today (actually "the specified section" of the one continent) probably due to meteorogical situations. Then humans migrated to other sections of the same continent, then the continent probably was broken to the sections we now know as continents (Europe, Asia etc.).
And the fact that we derived from the African soil does not mean that we are Africans as Africans are today or were in the past (the time period you are referring too).
The "Black Athena" theory, which tries to connect the "One continent" theory with Greeks in particular is nonsense. That's what I spoke about.

PS. And the Arian theory is spelled Arian, not Ayrian.

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
13th Jul 2002, 11:00

And the fact that we derived from the African soil does not mean that we are Africans as Africans are today or were in the past (the time period you are referring too).
The "Black Athena" theory, which tries to connect the "One continent" theory with Greeks in particular is nonsense. That's what I spoke about.

PS. And the Arian theory is spelled Arian, not Ayrian.

First Off....i never said that we are africans, just that we originated from that part "Pagaia".
And greeks don't belong to "the one continet Thery" then you're not homo saipians? Are you some other mutation of the Cromagnon? Becuase that's what we are, mutations. Do Greeks have some extra gen that the rest of us don't have.....or are you missing an Y-Cromoson? Or is it like i said......you're alians, I KNEW IT ( Where do i pick up my reward for an alian head? ) :D

Ps. Arian Schamrian.......if you can re-write history then i cen spell aryan as i want to :p

iakovos
13th Jul 2002, 11:43
First Off....i never said that we are africans, just that we originated from that part "Pagaia".

That's what the Theory of the "black Athena" says so. Get my point?

And greeks don't belong to "the one continet Thery" then you're not homo saipians?

I didn't say we do not belong to the "One Continent" theory. All I said was that Greece was inhabited by the Greek races AFTER the "One Continent" was broken to the several continents we know today. The races that inhabited Greece and Europe in general were different races (in spirit we could say to make it simple) from the races that were in Africa, prior to the separation. Those races did not come from today's Africa, they came from the West. SEE it as a circle. They are TWO different theories.

Are you some other mutation of the Cromagnon? Becuase that's what we are, mutations. Do Greeks have some extra gen that the rest of us don't have.....or are you missing an Y-Cromoson? Or is it like i said......you're alians, I KNEW IT ( Where do i pick up my reward for an alian head? )

Actually we could BE aliens. We are the only race that for the word human we use the word anthropos, which come from the verb throsko (look, gaze) and the preposition ano (above, up).
All together means I look above, I gaze beyond, in other words I look at the SKY (hoping to see GOD maybe? Who knows...) :p

Ps. Arian Schamrian.......if you can re-write history then i cen spell aryan as i want to...

First of all, I am not re-writing history, besides all these are theories, not proven facts. As the theory of evolution or the theory of the big bang.
Second of all, spelling it wrong leads you to the wrong conclusions, so take this as a lesson for future reference.

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
14th Jul 2002, 00:20
Alians?

well........i wouldn't be surprised.
We are literally killing the earth....you don't see anyother creature on this earth doing it.
If not by war....then with pollution and population.

Ever done those things in magazines........find 5 flaus in this picture.
I guess we are the one flaw when you look at earth...........the only creature not living in harmony with Tellus.

Anywho........I Rule and there really is no point in arguing over the internet. So i'm just going to say.........Yes Ikavos,I Am Wrong And You Are Right

Cut A Word And It Shall Bleed

iakovos
14th Jul 2002, 01:37
Rephrasing a very wise Greek proverb:

"mistakes we are, people we make".

PS. The correct way to put it is
"people we are, mistakes we make".

Thorup
14th Jul 2002, 17:29
stupid saying Iakovos. I never make mistakes:o

1shot1kill
14th Jul 2002, 18:31
Thorup there is a mistake in your signature. :D

Thorup
14th Jul 2002, 20:57
where, where:eek:

1shot1kill
15th Jul 2002, 01:08
There is an L too much in controls.

Ranger
15th Jul 2002, 06:50
What do you mean by that I think Frosty is cool :D

iakovos
15th Jul 2002, 10:54
But you do make people...

LOL

Thorup
15th Jul 2002, 13:46
thanks ranger!!!:)

I drew that picture myself in good old paint!;)

1shot1kill
15th Jul 2002, 16:10
Paint rules! (because it is free)

Thorup
15th Jul 2002, 16:33
yeah, I have got to paint programs, Adobe Photoshop and paint. I use paint even more than photoshop

Ranger
15th Jul 2002, 18:55
Originally posted by Thorup

I drew that picture myself in good old paint!;)

I can see that :)