PDA

View Full Version : Not enough Salvage / Technical Parts + Feature Request

BenjaminSisko
30th Dec 2015, 14:49
Hello All

Firstly a big thank you to everyone for the best Tomb Raider game to date:D

Ok i have now completed the game 4 times 100% all collectibles, How ever there is not enough Salvage / Technical Parts being dropped to complete all Weapon Upgrades.

In my last play through i collected over 500 Salvage and approx 120 Technical Parts, but still have nearly 50 Weapon Upgrades to complete. And that's not including 1 Handgun, 1 Rifle and 1 Shotgun that I have not yet found.

To complete all Upgrades is going to require several hundred more parts, which having completed the game is going to be near on impossible.

Now there are several places in game where hanging salvage respawns if you die or reload last checkpoint. So the Salvage parts are obtainable, However that will take a significant amount of hours.

Technical Parts on the other hand only come from looting Trinity Soldiers which at this point in the game are few and far between.

So the Drop rates for Salvage and Technical Parts needs to be at minimum DOUBLED.

This brings me to my Feature Request.

Add the ability to to start a new game with all skills, weapons, upgrades and equipment that you aquired in your last play through intact. IE start a new game with everything you had at the end of your last completed game.

This would resolve the above issue as you can continue collecting skills, weapons, upgrades from where you left off in the last game, and have the fun of using all your skills and weapons throughout the game.

Like the Thunder Clap Shotgun which you only get on completing the game 100%, but then have no gameplay left to use it on.

As to the 3 guns I'm missing, i have no clue where to start looking for them, as i have completed all mapped collectables.

Thanks

Lucacentric28
30th Dec 2015, 23:28
It doesn't take that long to farm salvage and tech parts, once you find a good routine. There's almost always 3-4 guys in the Siberian Wilderness. Then fast travel to the start of the Soviet Installation and run through until you get to the Logging Camp where the two hanging salvage crates are. If enemies aren't there, check to the left of and behind the central wolf cave. Finish your run at the Copper Mill base camp, as there is another hanging salvage crate and sometimes more enemies. Rinse and repeat. I was almost always able to get enough resources for one end-tier upgrade per run. It is a grind, but it doesn't take hours... maybe one or two depending on luck and what you've already gathered.

The sooner you do this, the better. Late game the flamethrower troops start showing up at the spawn points and they tend to slow things down a bit, especially if you don't have your break-action shotgun upgraded.

Other players might have better methods. I'm certainly open to hearing them.

As for the missing weapons, I believe they will be part of a future expansion. I think the Rattlesnake pistol is listed as a missing weapon too, as it was a limited community reward. You won't get it in any saves started after November.

BenjaminSisko
30th Dec 2015, 23:49
It doesn't take that long to farm salvage and tech parts, once you find a good routine. There's almost always 3-4 guys in the Siberian Wilderness. Then fast travel to the start of the Soviet Installation and run through until you get to the Logging Camp where the two hanging salvage crates are. If enemies aren't there, check to the left of and behind the central wolf cave. Finish your run at the Copper Mill base camp, as there is another hanging salvage crate and sometimes more enemies. Rinse and repeat. I was almost always able to get enough resources for one end-tier upgrade per run. It is a grind, but it doesn't take hours... maybe one or two depending on luck and what you've already gathered.

The sooner you do this, the better. Late game the flamethrower troops start showing up at the spawn points and they tend to slow things down a bit, especially if you don't have your break-action shotgun upgraded.

Other players might have better methods. I'm certainly open to hearing them.

As for the missing weapons, I believe they will be part of a future expansion. I think the Rattlesnake pistol is listed as a missing weapon too, as it was a limited community reward. You won't get it in any saves started after November.

I've been doing exactly what your suggesting, but have found a glitch that significantly speeds up the process.

Find an area with 4 - 5 enemies, but don't kill them all, leave 1 standing and loot the others, then sprint away from the area till the battle music stops and then return.

The enemies will all have re-spawned. you can repeat this indefinitely. no fast travel, no reloading needed.

I have now completed All weapon upgrades. all that's left is 3 remaining skills to obtain.

I figured the missing weapons might be red herrings / place holders for future DLC ect.

Would still love to be able to play the game through again with everything maxed out....that would be a brawl:D

Lucacentric28
31st Dec 2015, 01:16
Yeah XP is a bit more difficult to come by, at least for me. There is the zipline that gives you that random stealth xp bonus, but that's kind of tedious to keep doing unless you're farming for materials too. I found that the later on I did my materials farming, the less xp I would get. Near the end, I was getting 1 xp each off multiple chained stealth kills, with all the xp boost skills already unlocked. Or I could shoot a harmless rabbit for 10 xp. I mean yeah, most games have some kind of diminishing xp rewards system to stave off overleveling, but in this game the enemies don't vary as much in overall strength. Every time I get 1xp off a kill I feel like the game isn't working right.

The last Tomb Raider seemed to have really good pacing, in that if you got your collecting/xp skills early, hunted regularly and picked up everything, you'd easily have enough xp and salvage to have everything maxed out just before you reached the final stages.

I don't think RotTR has bad pacing, it's just more complex with all the added upgrade materials, the crafting tiers, and limited storage space. I tend to have a completionist mentality with these kind of games and it took some getting used to.

BenjaminSisko
31st Dec 2015, 06:33
Same here, When I was chaining Trinity baddies yesterday 1 was getting 1 to 3 xp per kill for multiple stealth kills and head shots, and was thinking why are my skills not working???

I've ended up shooting birds to get the remaining skills at 10 xp a pop....

I can appreciate the developers don't want you levelling up too quickly, but then whats the point of all those skills, weapons, and upgrades if you can't get to use them in the main game???

Hence the suggestion to be able to start a new game with all your hard earned skills and weapons intact where you can ignore all the collecting and just have fun blasting your way through the storyline.