PDA

View Full Version : Red eyes in Sacred Lake FMV

Collin
1st Jul 2002, 14:03
When you finish Sacred Lake, you get an FMV. Lara opens the door with the amulet of Horus. When she looks inside she sees two red eyes looking at her. When Von Croy enters the picture, the red eyes are gone.

Whose red eyes are these, why doesn't the creature attack Lara, why don't we ever see this creature again,... What's the point of showing these ominous red eyes (only atmosphere?)? :confused:

eTux
1st Jul 2002, 14:20
I guess it's the spirit of Semerketh :confused:
The eyes killed a guy in the tomb after Lara left the Guardian of semerkhet level, but I'm clueless what their purpose could be too :confused:

LarzBritsh
1st Jul 2002, 17:30
Huh?? I thought those red eyes are the physical forum of Set. Set doesn't kill Lara because Set knows that she is his liberator. Or maybe he wants his amulet back, and he's not sure if she has it or maybe she can lead him to it.

During those fmvs, i was sure that was Set. I didn't give any thought to anything else.

eTux
1st Jul 2002, 18:34
Seth is evil, and if it was him in those 2 FMV's why did he attack the other arheologist? His only motive not to kill Lara would be, that he didn't think that a mortal could imprisson him again. But why did he attack the other guy then? I think it's time to e-mail Core and ask them about this ;) lol

LarzBritsh
1st Jul 2002, 18:47
Maybe he thinks Lara is a beautiful human specimen, she is the only female archeologist there. :D

I would email Core, but i'd rather not bother them, they probably get enough fan emails.

Collin
1st Jul 2002, 19:02
The red eyes appear when Lara enters the tomb of Semerkhet (the high priest of Seth, so I gather in the second FMV). The creature is trapped inside the tomb. In the next level, the guardian of Semerkhet, she defeats the guardian so Semerkhet (the creature with the red eyes!) is free to leave his prison. So he takes the first train of of there, and maybe has a snack or does some bodysnatching. :D

This still doesn't explain why it doesn't attack Lara in the first FMV, though. And didn't Von Croy have those red eyes later on in the game. Maybe he got bodysnatched.... :confused:

This is my best guess so far, and I can't wait for some replies or other guesses....

CyCro
1st Jul 2002, 19:44
Actually she didn't defeat the guardian, she just used it to get to the exit. I think the red eyes' purpose is to increase the tension and frighten the player! :)

T_R_613
1st Jul 2002, 20:53
I had asked this question back in the old forum a while back, but that's besides the point, I think those red eyes are Set. But what do I kno!?

Collin
2nd Jul 2002, 13:58
*bump*

Nobody is replying.... Does this means there isn't anybody who knows? :confused:

Wow! TR..... It is like an X-files thing! :D You can watch the ending but you never know what really happened. :p

Or is this just a crappy question?