PDA

View Full Version : Flooded Archives Progression Bug (Statue)

incendiarybolt
29th Dec 2015, 04:06
hi there, my s/o and i have put days into ROTTR on the xbox one, have been REALLY enjoying it, and have not experienced any bugs until this evening, which is what makes us so sad. we also did some research and did not see any others experiencing this particular situation, so here we are. during the main campaign of the game, the atlas was just secured, and we were on the way out of the cathedral in the flooded archives. 2/3 of the puzzle using the greek fire to destroy the statue supports was completed. somehow, the last support, on the side where the greek fire is steered away from burning brush, is permanently on fire, and whenever the barrel of greek fire is exploded near it, the resulting cinematic triggers, but the support does not disintegrate, leaving the area completely unwinnable. we have tried several approaches, including trying the puzzle over and over again and reloading/resetting the game, but nothing has happened or fallen into place. we don't really want to do the game over, so if anything can be done about this, that would be great. thank you!

iiStryker71
29th Dec 2015, 09:26
wanted to bump this because it just happened to me. It's completely killed my progression so a status update would be appreciated.

I'm also getting several blue flames and what looks like an explosion caught in an animation loop.
It's over on the right side of where you first come into the area by the teedertodder portion of the Greek fire/statue puzzle.

loving the game so far. It's a little metroidvania with some zeldaesque mechanics. every mechanic that made me fall in love with videogames is in this game which is why these bugs are so disappointing not to forget that its exclusive to Xbox one so the bugs are really inexcusable

incendiarybolt
29th Dec 2015, 16:36
wanted to bump this because it just happened to me. It's completely killed my progression so a status update would be appreciated.

I'm also getting several blue flames and what looks like an explosion caught in an animation loop.
It's over on the right side of where you first come into the area by the teedertodder portion of the Greek fire/statue puzzle.

loving the game so far. It's a little metroidvania with some zeldaesque mechanics. every mechanic that made me fall in love with videogames is in this game which is why these bugs are so disappointing not to forget that its exclusive to Xbox one so the bugs are really inexcusable

wow, this actually happened to me too but i had no idea it was part of the bug. i was wondering why exactly there were blue flames there, and how they got there, because they weren't there when i first started the puzzle and everything. i'm glad i'm not alone, but this honestly sucks. i hope it gets fixed bc there is no way to continue the game. and i agree with you! i have been a TR fan for most of my life and it's everything i could have wanted..!

incendiarybolt
30th Dec 2015, 20:45
bumping again :-(

iiStryker71
1st Jan 2016, 00:19
there may be a temporary work around

in the menu, instead of selecting continue select load and iirc you can click both triggers and it will load you back at an earlier part of the level

incendiarybolt
1st Jan 2016, 00:49
there may be a temporary work around

in the menu, instead of selecting continue select load and iirc you can click both triggers and it will load you back at an earlier part of the level

ooh ok i will try this when i get home tomorrow!

TheCouncillor
15th Mar 2016, 20:44
I'm stuck on this too, can't destroy the support on the left no matter what I try. The front and right supports are on fire, but every time I use the crane to bring a barrel over the barrel only goes to the right support that is already destroyed. The cut scene starts and then realises not all three supports are destroyed then stops and I'm stuck here.

I have not used any save slots, so if I can't get this sorted I'm just going to stop playing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are there any solutions that work or did people just stop playing the game?

mroy79
3rd Nov 2016, 17:32
I too have encountered this bug. Unfortunately my backup save game is past the point where I encountered the bug so my game is FUBAR unless this bug is fixed.

Here is a video of the issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8L1-jBwxx8&feature=youtu.be&t=2m36s (and my increasingly crazy attempts to try to get anything to work to get past it).

Platform: PS4

Shigawire
28th Nov 2016, 01:09
I got to this bug as well. PC 20th Anniv Edition. I have no reasonable loads that work. All 3 recent loads (backup included) are at 01:48, 01:45, and 01:45 (campsite). I'm at 47% completion. The bug is present upon loading them.

The only way for me to continue at this point, is to reload to a 22% load.. which I might as well not bother and uninstall.

I think I can relay what caused the bug, which might help devs fix it:

When you release the greek fire barrell at the top, just let it pass. Don't bother with the rope trick. The burning bushes "blocking" the river, don't actually block it. And the fire barrell wont blow up when in contact with the burning bushes. Instead, the greek fire barrel will pass through, down to the wooden pillars, and when you then blow it up, the cutscene sort of starts - but never finishes.

Then get another barrel. Use the rope pillar to pull the barrel downstream. At that point, when the barrel goes through (where it's supposed to go) - you gain 150 XP for "getting it right" - the game now thinks it can continue - however the event is now blocked, because the event chain that was meant to follow the successful barrel run has already happened with the previous barrel.

This is why it happened I think. Can you please give us a fix?

PC version, ROTR 20th Anniv

This is totally game breaking.

mroy79
2nd Dec 2016, 02:40
I contacted them through their official support and this was the completely vague response.

Dear Customer,

Regarding your request for support. Please find your answer below.

We appreciate your feedback. It will be forwarded to my superiors. Thank you for taking the time to contact us today and we look forward to your opinions of our upcoming titles.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

Shigawire
2nd Dec 2016, 05:00
This is their totally bland response to me:

The feedback you have sent us regarding Rise of the Tomb Raider is being considered seriously, and we will do everything we can to improve future game development.

We have passed on this information to the developers.

Unfortunately, they cannot answer each submission individually, however any changes and updates to your game will be posted on our official site.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We hope this answers your request, please let us know if you would require any further assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

jofou75
16th May 2017, 11:51
I reopen this post because it happens to me the same problem, does anyone have a solution?
Can we load an old chapter?

thank you in advance