PDA

View Full Version : Russian Scamers sending Private Messages.

Madmaxneo
29th Dec 2015, 00:53
I received a private message from evzdtqin (an apparent member of your forums) saying that I was chosen to participate in the closed beta for Hitman. But I had to complete an offer for one of those online scams about answering questions and completing this or that survey....mostly just a waste of time but you do get awarded with a flurry of unwanted emails....lol! Regardless please check this person out and maybe remove them from your forums....

Bruce

Maniac23
29th Dec 2015, 00:56
Just got this message and because im not stupid it was totally clear its a scam.

"
evzdtqin Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts 0

Join the Closed BETA of a new Hitman!

Hi,

You have been choosen to join the Closed BETA of a new Hitman!

To claim your Beta Key please visit THIS PAGE.

The site you were redirected to had an .ru ending and im pretty sure SE doesnt have such an page.
Take care of the russian scamers

Mike_B
29th Dec 2015, 06:41
Hi Madmaxneo,

Thank you for reporting this. As we are not able to see/control Private Messages it's important that Private Messages like this are reported so that we can take the necessary action to protect our users.

Thanks again.

Mike_B
29th Dec 2015, 06:42
Hi Maniac23,

Thank you for reporting this. As we are not able to see/control Private Messages it's important that Private Messages like this are reported so that we can take the necessary action to protect our users.

Thanks again.

Pil0t_Pedr0
29th Dec 2015, 10:14
Hi, I have just got the same message, but how is this possible when this member is already banned from the forum

evzdtqin
Banned
Hi,

Mike_B
29th Dec 2015, 10:46
Hi,

What's the time of when the message was sent to you? It's above the username of the sender of the PM.

Most likely the message was sent before I banned the spammer. The title of "Banned" is added to the banned user that means it is also shown under the username in messages/post that were made before the user was banned.

Regards,

Skym93
29th Dec 2015, 12:37
Same happened to me. I havent played Hitman so it made me suspicios. Just a scam. And when i got the message, he/she was banned.

DexterXBA
29th Dec 2015, 13:51
I received the same message. It was sent to me on 28th Dec 2015 22:44

evzdtqin

Hi,