PDA

View Full Version : DECEIVER Dominate Mind time rebate

TheDreamcrusher
28th Dec 2015, 06:07
Not sure what the term for it is, or why I didn't think to make this suggestion till now, but I think it would be helpful to give Dominate Mind reduced cooldown for not using the full duration like Charge or Bulwark. What do other players think?

On another note, would it be possible to get a different talent for Dominate Mind so that the dominated target can slow movement speed or, even better, firing speed in a small area-of-effect around them? :D

senjuj
28th Dec 2015, 14:02
neah. need balance majority of skills and mb add some another skills for different tactics.

TheDreamcrusher
28th Dec 2015, 17:35
neah. need balance majority of skills and mb add some another skills for different tactics.

You're in the wrong thread for that reply.

Ygdrasel
29th Dec 2015, 19:26
Makes sense to me.

ParadoxicalOmen
30th Dec 2015, 02:46
I'm not sure...cause DM feel a bit like pounce, where u charge-up and then release the ability.
In other words it isn't a continuous ability like Summoner shield, Vanguard Bulwark or Tyrant Charge.

BUT, i do admit it feels bad when u just landed a DM and get instantly denied...it's not so bad when this happens with Pounce bc of initial damage. but in DM's case you feel like you simply wasted the ability....so who knows, im not against it if devs do it.

Op's second suggestion sounds too good, i didnt like much.

TheDreamcrusher
30th Dec 2015, 23:40
I'm not sure...cause DM feel a bit like pounce, where u charge-up and then release the ability.
In other words it isn't a continuous ability like Summoner shield, Vanguard Bulwark or Tyrant Charge.

BUT, i do admit it feels bad when u just landed a DM and get instantly denied...it's not so bad when this happens with Pounce bc of initial damage. but in DM's case you feel like you simply wasted the ability....so who knows, im not against it if devs do it.

Op's second suggestion sounds too good, i didnt like much.

Well, Dominate Mind is an instant interrupt. There's no travel time or possible miss like Pounce but people do move around a lot and break line of sight. It would make sense to me, from a balance perspective, to give at a 5 second or similar cooldown if Dominate Mind gets interrupted by damage from another source like team vampires.

The second suggestion was to give an idea for another playstyle or use for DM because almost always the point of DM is to steal a target and put them in a vulnerable position. The suggestion I had doesn't do damage but provides a debuff to humans for mixing a DM target in amongst them. That's the idea I was chasing.

Ygdrasel
31st Dec 2015, 00:48
almost always the point of DM is to steal a target and put them in a vulnerable position

Well...Yes, that is the ability's whole point.
If you want to punish the humans for having an afflicted member amongst them, Infect does that.

Though I do think DM targets should be able to do more than just move. Ought to be able to fire off an ability to force a cooldown, or maybe just fire the gun to deplete ammo or leave the human stuck reloading in a critical moment.

TheDreamcrusher
31st Dec 2015, 03:43
Well...Yes, that is the ability's whole point.
If you want to punish the humans for having an afflicted member amongst them, Infect does that.

Though I do think DM targets should be able to do more than just move. Ought to be able to fire off an ability to force a cooldown, or maybe just fire the gun to deplete ammo or leave the human stuck reloading in a critical moment.

I can envision a talent system where players actually pick specific behaviors for each ability slot, and we've discussed 2 already for Dominate Mind. Being able to use a human ability against humans would be crazy fun, but the hazard indicators for area of effects (alchemist Poison Cloud) have to be really, *actually* fixed so that there is some way to tell if it is harmful. Right now the Poison Cloud area indicator is red for humans too. I think it's limiting to get to choose only one talent.

As far as punishing humans for positioning near an afflicted human... There's no debuffs in general for vampires, aside from the momentary slow from Abyssal Bolt. I don't count Shadow Smoke as crowd control. It's more of a defensive ability that allows easier attack initiation. A talent for DM that does what I described above, such as slowing movement or slowing firing speed, is definitely providing 1) a debuff and 2) keeping a human close to the crowd rather than walking away which is a different way of playing DM.

ParadoxicalOmen
6th Jan 2016, 01:56

I'm not so sure...DM is pretty good already if used with the correct "Talent".
If it were back then (where u'd basically die if you got caught using DM) it would make sense...but now i feel it would just be too good if it was added these suggestions.

@TheDreamcrusher
I think your idea would be better suited as a new ability suggestion than a Talent, because in general the Talents don't change the abilities so much (they usually enhance them)...
Although there are exceptions like the Healing Flames for Alchemist...so who knows...

TheDreamcrusher
8th Jan 2016, 06:53
@TheDreamcrusher
I think your idea would be better suited as a new ability suggestion than a Talent, because in general the Talents don't change the abilities so much (they usually enhance them)...
Although there are exceptions like the Healing Flames for Alchemist...so who knows...

Possibly, but I'd rather not see another Dominate Mind variant like Marathon. A talent could work functionally as Marathon.