PDA

View Full Version : RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER IS FULL OF BUGS!

Wotaderp5436
27th Dec 2015, 13:43
Hello everyone hope you had a merry Christmas because I certainly haven't. So I got Rise of the tomb raider for Christmas and I was stoked. Until I discovered that the game has so many glitches that it has pretty much killed the experience for me. Now I have checked the disk and it has no scratches or finger prints so that's definetly not whats causing the glitches. But I have had random freezing (not much but when it happens its worrying) and then the game gave out completely at the copper mill tomb where you have to burn a few boxes away so you can make progress. The game kept crashing at this point to the point that it made a terrible sound and then crashed the whole xbox one. This happened numerous times until randomely it stopped and the game was working fine again. For a while anyway...Less than a day later the game was back with more issues with me getting stuck in walls and A.I glitching out. But my biggest concern and the reason I signed up here is because of the mission 'The unlucky ones'. Now no one on the internet at this point of time of me writing this has experienced any issues with this mission. But it just won't let me finish it. I go down into the jail cell area and shoot a guard in the doorway but none of his fellow soldiers wake up from their sleep which had me concerned. I then released the two victims from their cell and they talk to me and stuff and then I head back to the guy whos like 'did you find them?' and it zooms in on him to pretty much say yes ive done it as it does with every other mission but this time it won't let me talk to him. He just stares at me blankly with the x symbol icon above his head that denies me the ability to just finish the mission. I have spammed the X button so much the controller might break as I am extremely frustrated as I need to complete all the missions. Now I did have a backup save and the same thing happened again and again. I can't believe no one else has experienced this as I have been looking forward to this game for so long only to be extremely disappointed by all its glitches!

justplay95
28th Dec 2015, 14:38
Hello everyone hope you had a merry Christmas because I certainly haven't. So I got Rise of the tomb raider for Christmas and I was stoked. Until I discovered that the game has so many glitches that it has pretty much killed the experience for me. Now I have checked the disk and it has no scratches or finger prints so that's definetly not whats causing the glitches. But I have had random freezing (not much but when it happens its worrying) and then the game gave out completely at the copper mill tomb where you have to burn a few boxes away so you can make progress. The game kept crashing at this point to the point that it made a terrible sound and then crashed the whole xbox one. This happened numerous times until randomely it stopped and the game was working fine again. For a while anyway...Less than a day later the game was back with more issues with me getting stuck in walls and A.I glitching out. But my biggest concern and the reason I signed up here is because of the mission 'The unlucky ones'. Now no one on the internet at this point of time of me writing this has experienced any issues with this mission. But it just won't let me finish it. I go down into the jail cell area and shoot a guard in the doorway but none of his fellow soldiers wake up from their sleep which had me concerned. I then released the two victims from their cell and they talk to me and stuff and then I head back to the guy whos like 'did you find them?' and it zooms in on him to pretty much say yes ive done it as it does with every other mission but this time it won't let me talk to him. He just stares at me blankly with the x symbol icon above his head that denies me the ability to just finish the mission. I have spammed the X button so much the controller might break as I am extremely frustrated as I need to complete all the missions. Now I did have a backup save and the same thing happened again and again. I can't believe no one else has experienced this as I have been looking forward to this game for so long only to be extremely disappointed by all its glitches!

I'm having the same issue, the game is regularly crashing and can't complete missions. The issue with the missions, the option to press x is there but nothing happens, might be in starting another mission before completing one you've already accepted. I'm having the problem with the ancient secrets and the gulag intelligence missions.

Xbox 360
Physical disk
Main Campaign
First run through

Tecstar70
28th Dec 2015, 14:42

What system are you playing on? So just to break it down a bit, your issues are:

random crashing/freezing - has this now stopped? Have you installed all current updates? Are there specific actions or things that cause this to happen? Any information you have could help track down the causes of your problem.

Getting stuck in walls. - does this happen anywhere specifically? Do you have any screenshots or video clips?

AI glitching. - Again, does this happen anywhere specifically? Do you have any screenshots or video clips?

Issue with "The Unlucky Ones" side mission - its an odd one that doesn't seem to have affected anyone else. Yu mention a backup save. Do you mean in that you are rotating games saves around the game slots? If so, have you tried a system backup save:
How to access a backup save (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182989&p=2182925#post2182925)

Tzymische
29th Dec 2015, 20:03
same here (on freezing/crashing) check my thread http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183667

Happens to me all the time - only thing that seems to be working is to wipe and re-sync all local saves. -helps for about 10-20 minutes. Sometimes even 35.
I changed the dvd, using new profile, deleted and reinstalled game several times, and I am using external hdd.

Muzzbot27
31st Dec 2015, 01:40
Hi everyone. So I've played the story through completely and finished it, I'm now going through again attempting to get 100% and I am so damn close to finishing... then I go into the Research Station and get trapped up the stairs. I've read that this is a glitch that other people are having trouble with; Lara goes up the stairs, the game autosaves and she won't go back down, as she seems to think that the stairs are a floor instead and simply floats above them. I have tried the following: resetting/turning off the Xbox console, reloading checkpoint, back up save (which I really did not enjoy as it deletes just about EVERYTHING I have achieved and takes me from 90% down to about 50% and have even tried killing the character with fire and grenades, but to no avail. I am hoping there is another way to get around this glitch rather than starting over, as that would make me severely dislike the game rather than enjoy it as I have been :mad: there has to be another way. Hopefully you guys can help me out.