PDA

View Full Version : Map Glitch?

Apollotix
25th Dec 2015, 15:06
Hi

So I recently purchased ROTR and downloaded it to my xbox just fine. However, after playing through a bit of it I noticed that I cannot pan with my map and mark locations on the map. It is permanently fixed on my character's (Lara's) location.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to express this but I honestly have no clue if this is intended or is indeed a glitch.
It is just really frustrating as I cannot mark on my map where caches/coins/cave entrances are.

Ninzerker
2nd Jan 2016, 15:53
Same thing here, only happened after I had completed the main story. Really making the post game item collecting a royal pain, think I got all of maybe 10 collectables in four hours?

360 version,
Survivor Difficulty

I've tried reloading the "Backup save", I've power cycled, I've managed to wander into new basecamps to initiate quick travels (least those are still working) but as for any taggable landmark on the in game GPS. they are ALL missing opening the map shows the geology, and Lara's location, the cursor is immobile and despite collecting many an archivist map nothing is displayed on the map anymore

ResidentHedonist
10th Apr 2016, 02:45
Hi there, this is happening to me too! Xbox360, game was playing fine until I got to around 30% complete, and suddenly my map became unusable. I can't zoom in our out, or move Lara's cursor, there are no landmarks, and there is no way to make a waypoint as the 'A' button option to toggle local waypoint has completely disappeared.

I have tried saving in different slots, restarting the whole game, reinstalling the whole game, clearing the cache and today went and swapped my disc at the store in case that was the problem, only to find that the map is still unusable.

Can anyone help?

MeaganMarie
11th Apr 2016, 21:12
Hey there - we're still trying to isolate the cause of this issue. If you have a moment, could you provide us with the following information?

1) Before you updated to the latest patch, were you up-to-date on patches, or had you not played in a while?
2) Which region / country are you in?
3) What type of 360 do you own? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_retail_configurations)
4) Which DLCs (if any) did you have installed?
5) What area (such as Soviet Installation) were you in before you applied the patch?
6) Is your map still affected on a new game save slot?

Sorry for the trouble!

OneNerdyGirl
14th Apr 2016, 13:08
I also have this problem. I was near the end of the game (right after Jonah gets stabbed) and all of the sudden my map stopped working right. It wont allow me to pan or zoom and also will not show any location markers (tombs, items, ect) at all. I was able to finish the game but going back to get collectibles will be impossible! Can we get a patch soon please?

1) Before you updated to the latest patch, were you up-to-date on patches, or had you not played in a while? Up to Date
2) Which region / country are you in? Eastern US
3) What type of 360 do you own? Xbox 360 S 250 GB model
4) Which DLCs (if any) did you have installed? None
5) What area (such as Soviet Installation) were you in before you applied the patch? I was towards the end of Research Base when it stopped working mid play session
6) Is your map still affected on a new game save slot? Unknown

ResidentHedonist
15th Apr 2016, 06:13
Hey MeaganMarie, thanks for your reply.

In response to your questions, my answers are as follows:

1) Up to date
2) New Zealand
3) Xbox 360 S Model #1439
4) None
5) Geothermal Valley
6) Yes, new saves are affected, new slots are affected and even new games started have this map glitch

Thank you for your help.

Supershadow106
16th Apr 2016, 07:22
Hello,
MeaganMarie, I too has just experienced the same issue with the map glitch.

1)I believe the game is up to date. Bought the game on March 26th throught XBOX Live.
2)United States
3)Microsoft Xbox 360 3M6-00052 Special Edition Gaming Console
4)None
5)Soviet Installion
6)Have not attempted new saves. But have quit and restarted multiple times.

dragon_reborn5
27th Apr 2016, 03:29
I am having the same problems

1)First time playing in awhile
2) United States, Midwest
3) Xbox 360 S 250gb
4) None yet
5) What area (such as Soviet Installation) were you in before you applied the patch?
6) New save game has same problem.