PDA

View Full Version : Suggention: Leave penalty

snejjjj
24th Dec 2015, 13:41
Hi, i played 2 games yesterday in ranked, and i lost. I lost because in both cases one of my team dropped/left. Imo devs know this problem but they need to rework this system.

I try not to rage and flame this time. I will show a solution:

I would like to see the csgo cooldown tier:

Cool Down Tier System

In CS GO there are four tiers for ban levels.
1. 30 Minutes
2. 2 Hours
3. 24 Hours
4. 7 Days

After the fourth cooldown all subsequent cool downs, unless your ban level is lowered, will be another 7 day cool down. REMEMBER THE COOL DOWNS STACK. If you have gotten three 7 day cool downs in a row you are at a level 6 cool down. Until you get down to level 2, you will always get another 7 day cool down should you committ another offense, making your cool down level go up by one.

Remember, the system will NEVER skip a cool down tier. It will never give you a 7 day cool down for your first offense.

In addition, as your level goes up, the system becomes more strict. At level 0, where an offense would get you a 30 minute ban, you are allowed to vote kick and be vote kicked a few times. However, at level 3 and up, simply being vote kicked once or vote kicking once will get you a cooldown of 7 days. This is as strict as the system gets.

I would take this for normal Matchmaking, and i would add an additional new level called "Kick out of season ranked" for the ranked mode!!!

What Triggers a Cool Down?

Abandoning Game: At the start of a competitive match, you agree that you must play the full match or you will be punished. Abandoning the match will net you a cooldown regardless of what level you are at.

Being Reported Many Times: You can report players for griefing, such as feeding, and disconnect & reconnect spam. WE NEED A REPORT FUNCTION

Disconnecting: If you disconnect from the server you have 3 minutes to reconnect in order to prevent getting a cool down. HOWEVER, you do have longer than 3 minutes to reconnect to the server (most say it's 5 minutes). After the 3 minute mark though, you WILL receive a cool down even if you do reconnect to the server and play until the end.

AFKing: The server considers a player as AFK if the player has made no actions in a certain amount of time. After this time you will be auto kicked from the server, but you will have a chance to reconnect as you would if you had disconnected (see above).

I addition i´d love to see sth like this: If a player abandon from a ranked match, let a soloQ players take this place, BUT the system should ask him if we want to help out. So every 3vs4 match will have a chance to turn into good game without madness and flames.

Thanks

vampirelucky
24th Dec 2015, 15:48
Great idea to solve the low population problem - ban people for absurdly long times even if they disconnect due to technical difficulties even when playing unranked, people with bad internet will get perma banned - great idea kappa.

snejjjj
26th Dec 2015, 10:53
We are in 2016 not in 2000. Everyone have good internet and a good computer. Otherwise you have enough time to reconnect.

barthez36663
26th Dec 2015, 14:15
Having good connection doesnt mean you wont disconnect, there are all sorts of situations you can drop even with good internet. And like vampirelucky already said, it wil lend up punishing players who dropped unintentionally with bans. THey need to first develop a system how to recognize who leaved and who was disconnected first before we can figure out what penalty will be the best

vampirelucky
26th Dec 2015, 15:53
We are in 2016 not in 2000. Everyone have good internet and a good computer. Otherwise you have enough time to reconnect.

As of November 2015 only 46.4 % of the total population have internet.

Also internet is not the only issue - there are electricity outages that can last for more than 3min and if you factor in boot time only people with SSD stand a chance of reconnecting if the electricity stops for a few seconds.

Zarxiel93
26th Dec 2015, 19:09
the internet connection is not the only problem, but the game still crash, and you will get banned for crash (a really shame), and the Reconnect button NEVER appear, so even if it crash you cannot reconnect, so I think nobody want the ban system like you suggested.

Barbarossa1155
28th Dec 2015, 21:30
As a experienced and mostly ranked player I would totally appreciate this system ONLY for a RANKED and COMPETITIVE gamemode. For a normal game it is way to harsh because you have to give people the opportunity to play and test the game. On the other hand for a ranked and competitve experience people have to make sure that they can rely on their internet connection and their computer. For me it is not an excuse leaving a ranked game due to having technical problems on their own side no matter what. Still, this is not the part of the game the developers should focus on right now. First they have to make sure that the game runs smoothly for a longer period of time (unlike the european servers which have problems almost every 2 weeks) and second the game needs some more players in total. In the future copying the punishment-for-leaving system of CS:GO might be a great idea for a serious competitive experience (and that is what the game should be I guess (why else is there some attention from the ESL?))

Ygdrasel
29th Dec 2015, 19:24

I'm sorry, but have you experienced internet all over the planet? No? :rolleyes: 7 days, honestly...You think anyone's going to come back after a week-long ban? There are many other games. Add to that disconnection issues and bugs with the reconnect function...

ParadoxicalOmen
30th Dec 2015, 03:00
Abandoning Game:

Although this sucks, there is still no surrender system...there are many hopeless matches where we are forced to be crushed by superior opponent team. I don't judge the leavers...

Being Reported Many Times:

This wouldn't work of course...since a player being reported doesn't necessarily mean it's true.
Eg: Trolls reporting you cause they can; and Superb players being called hackers.

We would need something similar to "League of Legends" system, where there are judges that evaluate if the reports are indeed true.
In our case we would need players watching the Noscam of the reported player/match.

Disconnecting:

Most times i don't disconnect, i crash (game crashes).

AFKing:

This one is a personal pain for me...cause i minimize and do other stuff while i wait for a match.
I wait for the prompt to warn me a match is starting to "alt-tab" back to the game.

I can't say how many times this feature failed, and i find myself with a ban...usually i just give up after this...
This feature needs to be fixed. Im sick of getting bans cause i wasn't warned the match started.

===========//============

Overall i don't think the idea of stacking ban time is good. Because we have a small player base, and matches are already hard to find as it is...

Ygdrasel
31st Dec 2015, 00:49
This one is a personal pain for me...cause i minimize and do other stuff while i wait for a match.
I wait for the prompt to warn me a match is starting to "alt-tab" back to the game.

I can't say how many times this feature failed, and i find myself with a ban...usually i just give up after this...
This feature needs to be fixed. Im sick of getting bans cause i wasn't warned the match started.

I just put the game in window mode so I can see when a match is found or lobby filled. Then pop it into fullscreen.