PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft with her strap on her shoulder in Syria [Under Investigation]

Jackson123456
21st Dec 2015, 04:06
Moderator Note: We're working towards a fix for this. We expect to have this fixed in patch #3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Lara goes to Syria age then falls of the ledge and lands on her side. But when she falls she has her shoulder strap on. She didn't have it before and it is driving me insane! She doesn't have her now yet but she still has it on! If anyone can tell me what I need to do or if someone can fix this problem I would really appreciate it. Literally if I could choose a Christmas present, it would be for this to go away:)

Valenka
22nd Dec 2015, 01:51
It's because it's a piece of equipment she obtains later on in the game; when you replay missions, she'll have the gear she's obtained since (if you're using Chapter Replay Elite.) Try regular 'ole Chapter Replay and see if it goes away. Unless this isn't correct at all, in which we'll need more information to help you.

Are you actually using Chapter Replay/CR Elite or playing Syria as a new game?

Jackson123456
22nd Dec 2015, 03:44
@Valenka I just started a new campaign (single player) if u look up rise of the tomb raider on YouTube, other people who are playing the game have this problem. I just really want it to get fixed.

Jackson123456
22nd Dec 2015, 03:47
@Valenka I was on the single player when I noticed this. It's still there. I keep making a new save and seeing if it will go away and it doesn't. I just want Chrystal dynamics to fix it.

Tecstar70
22nd Dec 2015, 10:06
I'm a bit confused. So the issue is she has a strap on her shoulder, but it doesn't actually cause a problem with the game?

Jackson123456
22nd Dec 2015, 13:21
Yeah, but it wasn't there before and it's annoying me.

Tecstar70
22nd Dec 2015, 13:35
Yeah, but it wasn't there before and it's annoying me.

Ah. Ok.

Valenka
23rd Dec 2015, 00:37
@Valenka I just started a new campaign (single player) if u look up rise of the tomb raider on YouTube, other people who are playing the game have this problem. I just really want it to get fixed.

Can you provide a link to a video that shows it? I didn't exactly plan on spending my evening watching thirty different gameplay videos trying to find the issue you're experiencing. :p

Jackson123456
23rd Dec 2015, 03:03
This is what it looks like before (without strap), http://youtu.be/snSbguhHCic

And this is what it looks like a couple days later (with strap), http://youtu.be/lPGTSTiHi5E

The dates of the videos prove it wasn't there before, I necer experienced this issue when I first started playing. Then on the date of the second video I replayed it and I had this issue.

Tecstar70
23rd Dec 2015, 11:09
With all due respect, if that's your only issue with the game I think you haven't done too bad. I reckon they have better things to exert their energy into fixing but it might get straightened out if they come across it in the process of fixing other issues. I don't think I would have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out.

Jackson123456
23rd Dec 2015, 13:32
Ok well that's ur opinion. I just want this to be fixed. It really just buds my Minor OCD�� It can't be that hard to remove the strap. If it is correct me. So yah. What do u think Valenka

CTeden
27th Dec 2015, 22:22
Oh my Gosh I've got this too! It wouldn't be that much of a problem if it didn't affect most cutscenes and looks really awkward when Lara does anything other than stand still/walking. It sticks out oddly and clips through clothes. To me it's just so annoying because the gameplay is so beautiful and seamless but then you've got an eye-sore of a shoulder strap/holster thing looking really buggy and out of place. And it's not just in Syria either. For me Lara's wearing it in the London cutscene and in other parts of the game where it disappears between gameplay and cutscenes. Super annoying.

Also it happened to me in my first play through, if that's of any help. The only thing I did before playing was open the gifts I'd received in the marketplace. Maybe that could have been the cause and if that's the case then hopefully there's an easy way for me to sort it out.

Valenka
28th Dec 2015, 21:00
It's part of Lara's in-game gear. I've noticed it before as well, but it never bothered me. It does seem out of place in some instances, like the London cutscenes, but I personally never found it a "problem." That's just my opinion though; it isn't a bug, just some out-of-place gameplay material, that's all. :)

Our community manager from Crystal Dynamics, Meagan Marie, reads through the threads here on the forum. I'm sure she'll read this and pass the word along to the development team. For now, just try your best to ignore it. :)

MeaganMarie
5th Jan 2016, 21:46
Working towards a fix for this. Hope to have it addressed in patch 3!

Jackson123456
8th Jan 2016, 14:08
Thank u so much!!! @MeaganMarie