PDA

View Full Version : Region selection in League mode

R3dLine237
18th Dec 2015, 23:22
Maybe make a Region selection on League since you put real cash prizes maybe also make a region selection option? for some reason i get in NA servers 140 PING~ and i can't play at all to my full capacity ... sents when flying really fast teleport bit by bit, or i take random shots as sent and hp drops like 700 in 1 second not to 700, BY 700. If i chase humans as vamp they just disappear cause teleporting bit by bit i cannot anticipate their moving direction. What i noticed lately after the huge lags which now are supposedly fixed, is that i get into NA lobbies even during EU daytime which before never happened only during like 4->10 am my time +2GMT. And sometimes we are 6-7/8 EU players in NA lobby, why does the game do stuff like this? We have clear majority of EU and yet it chooses NA. WHY?!

Kootkha
19th Dec 2015, 00:21
Wroted about it a few times, seems like no one cares . This is the reason I'm not playing over 2 leagues seasons. Everytime when game randomly places me at NAm with ping over 200 it's like an instant loose.

Lavamancer
21st Dec 2015, 10:41
We all did - the problem is, population of the game is too small, especially during the night time in NA and EU. If they won't pair players this way - there would simply be no games and they will lose the rest of the core audience (that pays most).

Kootkha
22nd Dec 2015, 04:17
We all did - the problem is, population of the game is too small, especially during the night time in NA and EU. If they won't pair players this way - there would simply be no games and they will lose the rest of the core audience (that pays most).

****, or just bad exuse.
First of all , last season of leagues is available during 24/7 . Second is Even with this I can find a game on EU in a simple TDM at almost at every time, with more or less waiting. (and this is despite the fact that that most people prefer Leagues, while it is available, to TDM) . And in third, while leagues lobbys wasn't anonymous, we could choose region by simple leaving lobbys on NAm.

It's not the problem of poor population, it's a problem of a poor game managment.

Xen0tech
22nd Dec 2015, 05:40
Me and a friend were talking about how good it would be if each region had a separate prize pool. So you had top 30 from each region gets a prize instead of top 100 worldwide. That might help bring some players back to oc which is currently dead :(

Belynx
22nd Dec 2015, 06:50
Region locks seem like a good way to go. If players were certain that they would get good ping then they might be more willing to join in on the fun. This I already posted in another discussion, but just to re-iterate it here:

While having country restrictions for League (i.e. EU players can only play in EU servers) may have some bad points, it really wouldn't go astray - if the prize pool was split between high-player-count regions, or even swapped from money prizes to just rune prizes (as ESL players are already able to earn cash from their own championships, I believe), it'd allow for more of the 'lower-end' players to feel hopeful at having a chance of earning something. Not to mention, while there are OC League servers, they're just too few and far between that OC players must compete against skill as well as lag in order to play...not just in League matches, but also casual matches. At minimum, the ping is about 180 in NA for OC players, but that's being generous - it more commonly sits at 200, if not 230.

Ping is quite a bit issue, and yes...it's understandable that region locking may result in longer wait times due to a lack of players in some areas or low-traffic times, but honestly, it looks like a much more viable option that what is currently going on sadly :(

Lavamancer
22nd Dec 2015, 07:28
I'm not paying a single CENT in this game untill this is resolved. Sick of playing with 150+ ping vs dudes with 20...

Lavamancer
22nd Dec 2015, 07:46
God, it's not possible to play in the morning EU...

R3dLine237
22nd Dec 2015, 08:53

I would rather wait even 20-30 mins just for a EU server rather than just lose 2 games in that time in NA since i am dead weight for team no shots go where they are supposed to go they just lag and other team usually is NA so no lag there and with me having 750+ hours the game doesn't have a very good matchmaking and won't give some good pro guys who could carry the game instead i just get <100 hour guy, 400+ hour guy, and 200~ hour guy.

Michael_Madsen
5th Jan 2016, 11:01
Great Job! :worship:

http://i.imgur.com/64I2TeA.jpg
:mad2: