PDA

View Full Version : Optik buys a round for all the taffin Theives

Optik45
1st Jul 2002, 03:00
What is up everyone. Its been awhile but I'll be around here more often now. Its good to see that most of the old schoolers are still around. So lets make this new forum just as bada55 as the last.

yubetcha
1st Jul 2002, 03:12
Hey, Optik! Where ya been?! Welcome back!

BrokenArts
1st Jul 2002, 03:16
Optik!!! She slides him a drink......good to see you! Your the second long lost taffer to make his way in here tonight! pulling up a bar stool. Glad you can hang out.....:) Stay a while.

Optik45
1st Jul 2002, 05:33
Im back for good again, (gotta build my posts back up again) :cool:

By anychance is the yearbook still up. I still need to get my photo posted too.

Darkh2o
1st Jul 2002, 12:16
Welcome back Optic! Glad to "see" you. I'm sure GM will be getting the photo link set up soon.

Huntress
2nd Jul 2002, 00:23
Hi ya Optik45...great to see you in our new home and that this time your sticking around for awhile... :) Hope all is well and if your busy playing any of the new FM's...particularly "Thievery"? That's the one they made for UT with multiplayer action for Thieves/Guards modus...Still working some little kinks but for the most part plays pretty well. One Taffer (who is now LeatherMan), Salvage were playing last night...I just Specutated...getting familiar with the gameplay/maps etc. although you can play SP practice games on your own machine too.

Pull up a stool Taffer...a drinks on me this time :) Ta and Good Hunting!

Optik45
8th Jul 2005, 00:46
My Lord, I love the old memories!

BrokenArts
8th Jul 2005, 21:07
Man you have been digging around haven't you Optik. ;) Ahh yes, memories......I miss the old days. I do. Glad your back, at least for a little while.

Chiefdreams
17th Jul 2005, 01:18
Pour me a drink while your at it Taffers!

BrokenArts
18th Jul 2005, 16:31
Hey Chief! Good to see you too, how you bean? Flying to any gorgeuos cities as of late? *cheers* to all. :)

John D.
18th Jul 2005, 16:36
I dont ride planes but I have a system that flies now! :thumbsup: My home-built system now runs over 2 gigs of AMD power! :D

littlek
21st Jul 2005, 12:39
Jeez...I was happily reading along as if this were a new post then Huntress was talking about Thievery. At first I thought....OMG v1.5 is out and I missed the grand opening! Is the drink offer expired now too?

Chiefdreams
19th Aug 2005, 18:59
JohnD. Don't leave us hanging. Tell us what you put together.

John D.
19th Aug 2005, 21:05
Well my e-machine that I had been using died on me a few months ago (and took with it the small D3 level that I had begun to make in order to start building for the Dark mod using various video tutorials :( )It's a Codegen Atx case that has a 400 watt power supply. It came with it's own fan to blow out the back, I installed a blue light fan in front as an intake, but I plan to put one more exit fan in the top slot when I get the extra money. The Motherboard is a Gigabyte that has 1 AGP and 5 pci slots, I put in a Athlon XP 2800+ that runs at 2.08 gigs and a stick of Corsair 512 Meg PC 3200 DDR ram. I'm using a Seagate 7200 rpm drive that has 160 gigs of space on it (just using 132 gig partition right now) and I was able to salvage my 256 meg Radeon 9600 video card. My modem is a 56K smartlink I got from Radio Shack for 20 bucks. I'm still using the old 17 inch KDS monitor and HP keyboard from my grandmother's old HP system as well as the 2 soundblaster speakers I have. Over the next few months I hope to get another stick of Ram as well as my own original OS, case fan and other goodies. I have a sony 3.5 inch floppy drive, a Sony Dvd-rom 48x speed and a LG cd burner.

Before my e-machine died, I would have never thought of attempting to build my own, but I'm poor so I had to do it a piece at a time if I ever was going to escape the weak WinME HP that I was stuck with (special thanks to everyone in the tech forum for helping me find the right stuff I needed and recommending newegg.com). As for editing, I'm playing around with a large town/Hammer mission in dromed that I started when I was without a D3 playable system. When I get done with it, I'm going to take a break and then restart learning Radiant like I was beginning to before this all happened.

Chiefdreams
21st Aug 2005, 01:52
Sounds good. I think the extra ram will help.
I haven't tried it yet but I would hope that Radiant is easier than Dromed.