PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes 17/12/2015 - Nosgoth Launcher - Phase 1

Oghamsmith
16th Dec 2015, 14:38
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/681/blog/phps-20launcher-20-20login.jpg

Denizens of Nosgoth,

Today's update sees the release of Phase 1 of our Nosgoth Launcher deployment. If you're wondering what the Nosgoth Launcher is, and why we have built it; you can check out this article (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-launcher-bringing-blood-loving-gamers-together-all-around-the-globe) for full details.

What does this mean for me?

Today's release takes the first (and one of the most critical) steps towards release of the final Nosgoth Launcher - ensuring that the player account systems are fully working and functional in the live environment. What this means for you as a player depends on whether or not you have linked your Steam account to a Square Enix Membership account.

If you have already linked your accounts, then you won't need to do anything. The Nosgoth Launcher will automatically associate your Steam progress with your SEM account and log you in without issue.

If you haven't linked your accounts, then you will need to create a Square Enix Membership account if you don't already have one, or log in with an existing Square Enix account, which will automatically link said account to your Steam profile.

You will then be ready to dive back into Nosgoth and enjoy that delicious nectar or the apes.

Oh...and don't forget to log into the game before the 21st in order to get your free chest key!

P.S. We are very much aware of the intermittent lag issues that are occurring across some of our servers. We have a game build in the pipeline to address that issue. We're targeting a release for that build within the next week.

Oghamsmith
16th Dec 2015, 16:21
Hello everyone,

During today’s deployment of the launcher, are QA team discovered an issue with the build that has prevented us from continuing with the deployment to the live environment. As a result, we have called off the release of the launcher for today.
In the event that you already downloaded it, please close it from your task tray, and restart Steam. You should then be able to launch Nosgoth normally without the need for the launcher.

We are continuing to test the build internally, and hope to release the launcher over the coming days.

Thank you all once again for your angelic levels of patience.
May your victims be succulent and ever so invigorating!

Shikei001
16th Dec 2015, 16:36
One thing I have noticed...

If you close the launcher (clicking the X in the top right corner), it just minimizes to the traybar and therefore is still registered by steam as running.
So the launcher in the background counts on steam as "playing" the game...

I would recomment to really close the launcher if the X is clicked... and only minimize if the minimize button is clicked...

Louves
16th Dec 2015, 16:38
One thing I have noticed...

If you close the launcher (clicking the X in the top right corner), it just minimizes to the traybar and therefore is still registered by steam as running.
So the launcher in the background counts on steam as "playing" the game...

I would recomment to really close the launcher if the X is clicked... and only minimize if the minimize button is clicked...

Noticed that too, had the launcher running for hours without knowing it ._.

riccetto80
16th Dec 2015, 16:39
Hello everyone,

During today’s deployment of the launcher, are QA team discovered an issue with the build that has prevented us from continuing with the deployment to the live environment. As a result, we have called off the release of the launcher for today.
In the event that you already downloaded it, please close it from your task tray, and restart Steam. You should then be able to launch Nosgoth normally without the need for the launcher.

We are continuing to test the build internally, and hope to release the launcher over the coming days.

Thank you all once again for your angelic levels of patience.
May your victims be succulent and ever so invigorating!

http://i.imgur.com/hP4mbA8.jpg

Perfect normal, we almost never had a patch working from first try.

Noticed that too, had the launcher running for hours without knowing it ._.

is a dirty tryck some launcher use to gain more "user playing" and gain position in steam free to play chart.

ProDoctoR1987
17th Dec 2015, 15:08
??? It's all linked but the play button is not selectable ????

Oghamsmith
17th Dec 2015, 15:44
We're still under maintenance for today's deployment, which means that Nosgoth cannot be played right now.

Valkorne
17th Dec 2015, 15:54
We're still under maintenance for today's deployment, which means that Nosgoth cannot be played right now.

I'm sorry if it is mentioned already, but I couldn't find an estimate on how long this will take?
Maybe you guys aren't quite sure yourself, but it would be nice to know :)

Oghamsmith
17th Dec 2015, 16:23
I'm sorry if it is mentioned already, but I couldn't find an estimate on how long this will take?
Maybe you guys aren't quite sure yourself, but it would be nice to know :)

Maintenance is complete! Phase 1 of the Nosgoth Launcher release is complete. Jump in-game, grab your key, and let us know what you get :)!