PDA

View Full Version : ROTTR is broken and it's pissing me off

ajaxle
16th Dec 2015, 01:22
:mad2::thud::confused:
In the level "Path of the Deathless" the challenge with the 6 brasiers did not unlock when I lit all 6. The end of the level has a zip line that can't be reached, so Lara has to jump a gorge to an ice wall, use her axes to get to the top. At the top there's supposed to be an entrance that leads to the next level "Breaking In", this entrance was blocked the last time I tried it. Taking the zip line back down left me stuck in the "Path of the Deathless". I quit the game and the next time I booted the game on the 11th it would not load. I've tried all of the suggestions listed in the Master Bug List to avail. When I reinstall I'm asked to install the "Day One" update either "NOW" or "LATER", ...either way I'm not informed about the new update number two after installing "Update #1". I launce the game and it goes to black screen for a while now then back to my dash board.
I'm Taking the disc back now for an exchange.

Later::scratch:

I got my disc exchanged and I still can't get it to launch. I installed it on my internal drive this time with NO success after uninstalling everything twice and reinstalling. I tried installing the #1 update (943.2MB) LATER the 1st time and NOW the 2nd time with NO indication of an update for the #2 update. Each time after installing it failed to launched and each time I held down the power button for 1 minute then unplugged the power unit for another 2 minutes. I restart my XBONE and wait till the dash board comes up and when I insert the Tomb Raider disc I get error codes: 0x80820002 (Tomb Raider took too long to load), 0x8027025a (Try again, if you have a disc reinsert it), 0x87de07d1 (You do not own this game, go to Market Place and buy it):( WTF?
What do I have to do this defective piece of work to launch? A little help here!

ajaxle
20th Dec 2015, 22:16
After a week of farting around with this piece of work I finally got ROTTR to play again for me. I have to uninstall everything ROTTR, ...then I have to disconnect my XBONE from the internet, the easiest way I found was just to unplug the Ethernet cable from my XBONE or router. Going into 'settings'>'network'>'go offline' is a pain in the ass and a bigger pain in the ass to get back online.
Next I do a hard reset, then restart my XBONE, then insert the ROTTR disc and let it install OFFLINE. Once install is 100% OFFLINE in the dashboard I start play and it loads and I can play ROTTR but of course without any of my DL content or previous saves and only offline. If anything gets downloaded for ROTTR it won't play. If I go online I make sure the ROTTR disc is ejected. Online my XBONE wants to DL the 'day one' patch (943.2MB) if I do DL the patch and try to play ROTTR then it goes to BLACK SCREEN and tries to DL the #2 patch but it just fails to install, it will just sit there at 0% for hours.
So, I've got think the ROTTR updates and/or DLs have broken the online portion of my game.
Now what?

hoejunter91
21st Dec 2015, 18:50
I'm having the same problem, I can only play when the console is "offline" :mad:

Valenka
22nd Dec 2015, 01:46
Are you sure it's the game and not your console? The game's been out for nearly two months and this is the first I'm hearing of any kind of issue like this. :scratch:

ajaxle
22nd Dec 2015, 18:54
I'm pretty sure it's not my machine, I have a continuous 13 year tenure as an Xbox Live member, so I think I know my Xboxes. I have to admit that Battlefield: Hardline and Destiny stopped working for me at the same time as Tomb Raider but they require an online connection to play unlike ROTTR's campaign/story mode. All my other 15+ disc based games launch and play just fine as do my 20+ digitally down loaded games including the handful of X360 backward compatible titles I've tried.
All of this leads me to believe the problem is caused by an online glitch encountered when downloading wonky new content.
There is a wild card in the deck though, ...and it's called The Phantom Squad. They did a test run of their Denial of Service attack on XBONE last Thursday, ...which is when I started having problems with ROTTR. Coincident?
Because I don't want to get pissed off any more this month I'm going to wait till next year to play ROTTR online, hopefully the powers that be will get this **** straightened out and wired tight.

8<<<J@X>>>8

ajaxle
27th Dec 2015, 18:54
I'm going to try and get this thing online AGAIN sometime today. I hope it doesn't piss me off AGAIN.

Swift303311
27th Dec 2015, 19:12
Hey ajaxle, the same thing happened to me last night, except I didn't have a disc problem. I actually got to the lost city, chilled at the Base Camp at which I realized that I only had 5 of 6 braisers lit. So went back to light up the 6th, made my way to the top to get back to The Lost City, but the effin entrance was ICED OVER. WTH? I've tried everything, but cannot get through. I have a Xbox One digital copy. How the heck am I supposed to get past this? Am I missing something? Relaunching from my last save brings me back to the same dilemma. I can't see the The Lost City Base Camp anywhere.

[QUOTE=ajaxle;2190762]:mad2::thud::confused:
In the level "Path of the Deathless" the challenge with the 6 brasiers did not unlock when I lit all 6. The end of the level has a zip line that can't be reached, so Lara has to jump a gorge to an ice wall, use her axes to get to the top. At the top there's supposed to be an entrance that leads to the next level "Breaking In", this entrance was blocked the last time I tried it. Taking the zip line back down left me stuck in the "Path of the Deathless". I quit the game and the next time I booted the game on the 11th it would not load. I've tried all of the suggestions listed in the Master Bug List to avail. When I reinstall I'm asked to install the "Day One" update either "NOW" or "LATER", ...either way I'm not informed about the new update number two after installing "Update #1". I launce the game and it goes to black screen for a while now then back to my dash board.
I'm Taking the disc back now for an exchange.

hoejunter91
28th Dec 2015, 21:53
Xbox Support told me that it may have something to do with the game itself which makes sense since every other game I own for the Xbox One works perfectly. They gave me a reference number but I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do with it.

shabbydogz
4th Jan 2016, 03:57
Im stuck in TR Purgatory.... Im not having the loading problem with the black screen but I just encountered the ice-covered exit in the Hidden City. At the end of the Path of Deathless... my survival instincts show no direction for me to go, even though I know I need to go to the north wall to enter the Lost City... When I get to the wall that is suppose to have an entrance to the lost city, the entrance is still covered by ice. I got every document and killed every bad guy, tried to climb every wall and purposely killed Lara 10-15 times out of frustration... Did I miss something? Glitch? I am now going back to other sections of the game to complete missions and get everything I may have missed. This is the first thread anywhere that i have found about the ice-covered exit. Thanks for posting OP and everyone before me!!!

BenjaminSisko
4th Jan 2016, 15:03
As you progress through the main campaign many of the paths that got you to your current point cannot be re-traced, due to event during the progression leaving them blocked.

In most cases the game designers have put in alternative routes to get back to various areas of the game, but in other cases the only way to get back to some areas is by using the FAST TRAVEL to jump between base camps you've already visited.

A good example of this is the Zip Line that gets you from the supply shack to the gulag in the soviet installation. once you've have past that point of the campaign the Zip Line is gone and the only way back to the gulag is via Fast Travel to one of the gulag base camps.

So look for alternative paths, or use Fast Travel to get back to the carious areas.

shabbydogz
5th Jan 2016, 03:23
Thanks BenjaminSisko for the the advice. I had already spent hours retracing my steps and restarting at previous basecamps to see if I missed something. There is no way for me to get out of the Hidden City. The Ice Wall should not be there and it is the only way out, there are no alternatives or workarounds. Unless i am still missing something. I have watched videos of walkthroughs and did not see that they did anything different to get through the wall. The opening was just there for them.

Tecstar70
5th Jan 2016, 08:29
Thanks BenjaminSisko for the the advice. I had already spent hours retracing my steps and restarting at previous basecamps to see if I missed something. There is no way for me to get out of the Hidden City. The Ice Wall should not be there and it is the only way out, there are no alternatives or workarounds. Unless i am still missing something. I have watched videos of walkthroughs and did not see that they did anything different to get through the wall. The opening was just there for them.

But were those walkthroughs on a story playthrough or post-story?

shabbydogz
6th Jan 2016, 03:29
But were those walkthroughs on a story playthrough or post-story?

I guess i dont know what you are asking. I watched youtube videos of people actually playing the game. Mostly to see if they did something different than i did. And nothing was done differently by them or me. I just cannot access the lost city. There is no hole in the wall for me to go through

Tecstar70
6th Jan 2016, 08:37
I guess i dont know what you are asking. I watched youtube videos of people actually playing the game. Mostly to see if they did something different than i did. And nothing was done differently by them or me. I just cannot access the lost city. There is no hole in the wall for me to go through

When you first play the game and play through the story certain routes are open. If you go back to areas after already passing through some routes are blocked and you need to take an alternative route. Therefore if you are watching a video of someone on their first story playthrough you may well see thi route open.

BenjaminSisko
7th Jan 2016, 18:28
I'm Guessing he's reached the end of path of the deathless where you go through a gap in the ice, slide down a slope, jump and crash through a roof into the lost city. if you fast travel back at that point the gap in the ice is closed (iced over) and the only way back to the lost city is via fast travel.

If he's back tracked at that point without progressing to the lost city then i'm afraid he's stuffed as there is no way to progress.

shabbydogz
8th Jan 2016, 00:47
For me, I never passed through the wall. There was never a chance for me to do so. Fast traveling will not work and did not happen. I even lost my directional arrow when I use the survival button. If i have to restart this game because of this issue, then ill probably sell the game instead. Im sure if the problem is never fixed, then restarting it will just cause me to end up in the same position i am in now. Its very frustrating

ajaxle
13th Jan 2016, 20:22
I tried to install and launch ROTTR last night and it's the same old siht, ...black screen.
When in hell are you guys gonna fix this? I can't play your friggin' game!

I checked all my Xbox One settings and tested my other games, it's all good on my side of things.
So, since I'm not the only one with the 'black screen problem' it's got to be some kind of fcuk up on your side.
Fix it please, ...I'm getting tired of this siht.
Tomb Raider fan since 1996

ajaxle
22nd Jan 2016, 02:10
DAS ENDE SOLUTION
I have ROTTR working online again and thanks to "The Cloud" I have my previous saves intact.
The final solution was to RESET MY XBOX ONE TO FACTORY DEFAULTS.
This might not work for everyone but if nothing else works give it a try.