PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth Launcher FAQ - Phase 1

Oghamsmith
15th Dec 2015, 17:12
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/681/blog/phps-20launcher-20-20login.jpg

Following on from our recent announcement of Nosgoth’s upcoming standalone launcher, we’ve been putting together a detailed FAQ to answer as many of your questions as possible.

Please read the announcement article (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-launcher-bringing-blood-loving-gamers-together-all-around-the-globe) for an overview of what the Nosgoth Launcher is, and why we have been developing it.
Now, let’s dive into the FAQ:

PHASE 1 FAQ – LAUNCHER IN STEAM

What do I need to do to keep playing Nosgoth with my existing Steam account?

You need to make sure your Steam and Square Enix Membership account are linked. You then login to the Nosgoth Launcher using the details associated with the Square Enix Membership account. You will only need to log in the first time you play via the launcher

How do I link my Square Enix Membership and Steam accounts?

Until Phase 1 goes live, anyone who does not have a linked account will receive a prompt at the top of the screen to link their account every time they load the game. If you enter the e-mail address associated with your Square Enix Membership account when you next get this prompt, your accounts will be linked. If you do not receive this prompt then you already have a linked Square Enix Membership and Steam account.

I already have a Square Enix Membership account, what does this mean for me?

You can use your existing Square Enix Membership account details to login to the Nosgoth Launcher.

I don’t have a Square Enix Membership account, what do I do?

You can create one here www.nosgoth.com/jointhewar/now

What details are required to set up a Square Enix Membership account?

Email address, Nickname, Password, Acceptance of Terms and that you are over 18.

I think I already have a Square Enix Membership account but I cannot remember the details. What should I do?

Enter your email address here https://membership.square-enix.com/account/recovery. If a Square Enix Membership account associated with this email address exists, an email will be sent to this address with instructions on how to recover your details.

I can’t remember the password for my Square Enix Membership account, how do I reset it?

If you have forgotten your password you can recover your account details by entering the email address associated to your account here https://membership.square-enix.com/account/recovery. An email will be sent with instructions on how to recover your details.

I have already linked my Steam and Square Enix Membership account. What do I need to do?

You should log in to the Nosgoth Launcher using the email address associated to your Square Enix Membership account.

Do I need to log in every time I want to play Nosgoth?

No, you can set the Launcher to remember your details so that you will only need to input your password once.

What changes does this bring to me as a player?

During Phase 1, there will be no visible changes for you other than the need to log in with a valid SEM account. Your Avatar and Username in the launcher may differ to your Steam account however your Steam avatar and username will still appear in game.

Can I play Nosgoth without a Square Enix Membership account?

No, an Square Enix Membership account will be required to play Nosgoth

Why are you doing this?

Check out our Nosgoth Launcher announcement (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-launcher-bringing-blood-loving-gamers-together-all-around-the-globe) post for full details

How will the game patch updates work?

No changes, the game will update in your Steam account during this phase of the Launcher release.

Will I still be able to play Nosgoth on Steam?

Yes, provided you log into a valid Square Enix Membership account.

Are there any there any other changes I should expect to see?

During this phase, your username and avatar will relate to your Steam account. Initially you will not be able to edit your username or avatar from the launcher however you can still do that in Steam and it is your Steam username and avatar that will appear in game.

When will these changes become effective?

We're currently going through our final rounds of testing, and hope to bring the launcher into play on the 16th of December 2015.

What languages will be supported?

Initially English, French & German to reflect the languages supported in game.

GENERAL FAQ

Has development of the Nosgoth Launcher taken people away from developing the game portion of Nosgoth?

No, not at all. We have teams in America and Canada who are working on the game, and have utilized a Square E web and tools team in London to create the launcher.

How does creating the launcher have the potential to increase the number of people playing the game? Doesn't Steam already do a great job of advertising the game?

It does indeed! It's probably worth reiterating that we're NOT removing Nosgoth from Steam, it will remain on Steam for anyone who wants to play it that way.

Some people simply don't like Steam. That's fine. Although their numbers are shrinking, we're happy to provide the option to them to choose how they play.

By creating a version of the game that doesn't require Steam to run; we can also look at potentially working with other online distribution partners around the globe, to bring Nosgoth to entirely new groups of players who have never even heard of the game before.

Will the Nosgoth Launcher either make it easier or more difficult to bring trading to Nosgoth?

The Nosgoth Launcher wouldn't have much of an impact with regards to how easy or difficult the development of a trading system would be.

Does the Nosgoth Launcher enable LAN functionality?
All of your account information is stored online. The Launcher doesn't change this. LAN functionality will not be introduced with the launcher.

Vampmaster
15th Dec 2015, 18:27
Is there a way to confirm my accounts are linked without resetting any of my details?

Oghamsmith
15th Dec 2015, 19:07
Yup, go here, it should show your Steam display name beside the linked account.

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/profile/edit/accounts

Vampmaster
15th Dec 2015, 19:42

Thanks, that worked. I was pretty sure, but just needed to be certain.

riccetto80
15th Dec 2015, 23:58

To me dont show my steam account, but im sure i have linked they and received also the runestone long time ago...

Oghamsmith
16th Dec 2015, 11:26
Glad to hear it Vampmaster

Riccetto, it should look something like this.

http://i.imgur.com/8eV7FJS.png?1

KaininitePriestess
16th Dec 2015, 11:30
Glad to hear it Vampmaster

Riccetto, it should look something like this.

http://i.imgur.com/8eV7FJS.png?1

See, mine doesn't have the Steam button, and I know for a fact that I've linked it in the past. I'm no longer getting those "link your steam account!" messages, and it shows my steam login name on the top right. So is it linked or not? :/

Da_Wolv
16th Dec 2015, 13:52
See, mine doesn't have the Steam button, and I know for a fact that I've linked it in the past. I'm no longer getting those "link your steam account!" messages, and it shows my steam login name on the top right. So is it linked or not? :/

Same here.

Guardian1uk
16th Dec 2015, 14:23
Got exactly the same thing and know for a fact that my accounts are linked.
Basically I have the FB, PSN and xbox live buttons showing, and nothing else showing, DO NOT have a steam button or anything showing them being linked.

enkaku-silence-
16th Dec 2015, 14:26
Got exactly the same thing and know for a fact that my accounts are linked.

Same. I even use my Steam account to log into SE.

Edit: It doesn't seem to show the info, if you logged in via your Steam account.

Guardian1uk
16th Dec 2015, 14:26
same, use it when I log into the forums for things

KaininitePriestess
16th Dec 2015, 14:36
Yup, I use mine for my forum logon, too.

Guardian1uk
16th Dec 2015, 14:42
IF you are not seeing your steam account linked on the square enix site (ie just seeing FB, PSN and xbox live) just log out of the square enix site, and relogin using the login boxes on the RIGHT (ie do not use the steam or FB login option).
When you do login you should then see ALL of the options for linking accounts, including your steam account, and whether it is actually linked to your square enix account or not.

jcrichton
16th Dec 2015, 15:13
Since this update my nosgoth wont even launch, i get the steam launch box and my name says in nosgoth then nothing happens and it goes back to online

Oghamsmith
16th Dec 2015, 15:22
That sounds like very odd behavior indeed. However we're still in maintenance. Wait until we're complete and then see how things are.

jcrichton
16th Dec 2015, 15:45
yes but my friends are still able to launch the game i however cannot launch anything. Im pretty sure it has something to do with C++ redist seeing as you made the launcer in C+

edit. i dont understand why you couldnt have the stand alone launcher and still launch it from steam the same way.

Astaroshen
16th Dec 2015, 16:24
I don't understand anything.

My account steam has linked with my square enix account. It says to me that I 've won a key in my inventory but i can't see anything inside.

Can you help me?

Oghamsmith
16th Dec 2015, 17:04
We had an issue during the deployment and could't complete the deployment of the launcher as a result. Keys will be granted once you log into the launcher after its successful release :).

Captain3009
16th Dec 2015, 17:29
Aah,ok, thats why there is no launcher when I start Nosgoth at the moment. Thanks for the update.

Da_Wolv
16th Dec 2015, 17:59
Thx for the key...
got my 4th Devil's Abudct...

F O U R T H

Did you program the chests to go through your inventory and just award what you already have?
Of the recent 7 keys I got for free and the roughly 30 chests I bought with ESL Runestones, 7 items where items I didn't have yet (but not necessarily wanted), 2 were Mysterious Items I could level, the rest were duplicates of exotics I already had duplicates of, and a buttload of Vanguard Weapons... and duplicates of those. UGH

Ygdrasel
17th Dec 2015, 02:08
Thx for the key...
got my 4th Devil's Abudct...

F O U R T H

Did you program the chests to go through your inventory and just award what you already have?
Of the recent 7 keys I got for free and the roughly 30 chests I bought with ESL Runestones, 7 items where items I didn't have yet (but not necessarily wanted), 2 were Mysterious Items I could level, the rest were duplicates of exotics I already had duplicates of, and a buttload of Vanguard Weapons... and duplicates of those. UGH

It's probably not specifically designed to comb through duplicating your inventory but it is most likely designed to be a complete load of **** that barely ever gives you anything you want. It has to be that way. If they gave you stuff you wanted more than once every half-year or so, you'd have no reason to waste even more money trying to get what you want. It's a standard tactic of game companies.

RealFlash
17th Dec 2015, 07:35
Sorry but how do I start the launcher? My accounts are linked. Is it supposed to start automatically? I started it with steam and just with the website but there is no launcher to be seen. Sorry if that's a stupid question.

Da_Wolv
17th Dec 2015, 10:12
Sorry but how do I start the launcher? My accounts are linked. Is it supposed to start automatically? I started it with steam and just with the website but there is no launcher to be seen. Sorry if that's a stupid question.

Same here. I had a launcher for the first time after the update, now it just instantly loads the game. Which is fine, but you might be interested to know.

ProDoctoR1987
17th Dec 2015, 15:06
??? So I wanted to start the game but now a launcher pops up and I can not start the game. The PLAY button is not selectable ??

Oghamsmith
17th Dec 2015, 15:48
Most of those who saw the launcher yesterday will have received their key yesterday. Everyone else will get theirs when the log in after the launcher goes live (hopefully) soon.

ProDoctor...we're currently under maintenance, which is why you can't log into the game.

fastgiga
17th Dec 2015, 16:31
So i finaly got my game working thatnks to this tip:

IF you are not seeing your steam account linked on the square enix site (ie just seeing FB, PSN and xbox live) just log out of the square enix site, and relogin using the login boxes on the RIGHT (ie do not use the steam or FB login option).
When you do login you should then see ALL of the options for linking accounts, including your steam account, and whether it is actually linked to your square enix account or not.

As it turns out:

I never created a square enix account. One was created for me the first steam I started Nosgoth several weeks ago using the normal steam system. It created a account based on my steam email, without any password (and the wrong gender + my birthday...which only steam actually knows). Hence I couldn't login. Just as Guardian1uk sugested i logged out, asked for pw reset, and login via the page without steam. After that my steam account was actually linked.

Now when I start the Launcher via steam I am atomatically loged in and can play the game.

However I got no key...

tldr: if you started playing nosgoth via steam, your steam account might not be linked correctly to nosgoth!

Oghamsmith
17th Dec 2015, 16:38
Just to elaborate upon fastgiga's point. If you haven't already linked your accounts, they will automatically link when you sign into an SEM account for the launcher. Easy!

jcrichton
18th Dec 2015, 05:44
yeah so just started my 3 weeks of holidays today come home to play nos, and i get the same thing launch box opens and then closes and nothing happens. They say they introduced this launcher to get more players in the process make it unplayable for the loyal gamers who have been here through all the hard times. Thx nos good work =/

snejjjj
18th Dec 2015, 11:45
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-29159472/1.png.html

cant launch, why?

/edit: unlink & link & launcher reboot helped

btw: as always nice translation to german xD. did u use google translate?

SquirtleAttaX
18th Dec 2015, 14:10
Did anyone already recognize that the launcher doesn't close by pressing the cross/exit button? It just minimizes.

Oghamsmith
18th Dec 2015, 14:23
yeah so just started my 3 weeks of holidays today come home to play nos, and i get the same thing launch box opens and then closes and nothing happens. They say they introduced this launcher to get more players in the process make it unplayable for the loyal gamers who have been here through all the hard times. Thx nos good work =/

Have you checked the system tray in the bottom right corner of the screen (beside your windows clock), to see if the launcher is there? If it is, maximize it and you should be ready to play :).

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-29159472/1.png.html

cant launch, why?

/edit: unlink & link & launcher reboot helped

btw: as always nice translation to german xD. did u use google translate?

Turning it off and on again works 80% of the time when you want to fix a tech issue :P.

Did anyone already recognize that the launcher doesn't close by pressing the cross/exit button? It just minimizes.
I should hope so, we set it up so that a pop-up message appears when the launcher minimizes.

Sirfy1
23rd Dec 2015, 17:45
I should hope so, we set it up so that a pop-up message appears when the launcher minimizes.

But that's what the minimize button is for. Why have the close button ALSO minimize instead of..actually closing? When I want to close it, I should just be able to press close instead of pressing close and searching for it in the taskbar to right-click and close.