PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth League Returns with Beta 4.0!

Oghamsmith
14th Dec 2015, 20:17
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/683/blog/leaguebeta40social.png

As recent skirmishes over flashpoints and bodies subside, competition in Nosgoth heats up once again with the return of Nosgoth Leagues!

The Spoils of War
Featuring a new $10,000 Prize pool, League Beta 4.0 retains the same prizing structure as years gone by. Whether you want to climb to the mightiest heights of the Eternal tier, or simply scramble as high as you can while having a good time with friends, we've got you covered.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/684/blog/cashprizing.png

This season’s in-game reward for reaching the Blood tier or above is a brand new ability for the Sentinel! We'll have more details for you about the ability as the season develops. When finally ready, the ability will be available in the store as always, but players Blood and above during League Beta 4.0 will receive an exclusive version of the ability that has its own unique visual FX.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/685/blog/in-gameprizing.png

Season 4.0
Those aren't the only new changes that Beta 4.0 introduces. We’ll be testing two new League setups as well. First up, we’re testing the League Beta allowing 4 player teams. And secondly, we’re testing the League Beta running 24/7.

As with any Beta League season, we’ll be keeping a close eye on how the season progress. As far as the behavior of League participants goes, these are two big changes, and we will be sure to make adjustments to the League if needed.

Join the fight!
Signing up to the League is as simple as loading up Nosgoth, getting to at least level 10; and agreeing to the Beta 3.0 League Terms and Conditions. With that done, you’ll want to jump into League matches to start racking up those points and climbing the leaderboard.

Vital Statistics
Time to get down to brass tacks. Let’s take a look at a few key league points:

Start & End Date:

Beta League 4.0 is currently underway, and runs until the 18th of January at 3pm GMT/5am PST

League Match Times:

During League Beta 4.0 will be live 24/7 until the end of the season!

Age – Not for little Humans:

As Nosgoth is a mature game, participants must of course be at least 18 years of age to play and compete.

Terms and Conditions:

You can check out the Terms & Conditions HERE (http://www.nosgoth.com/leagues/terms), you’ll need to agree to those in-game to be eligible for the prizes.

League Structure:
Nosgoth League Beta 4.0 will run until the 18th of January. During this time your goal is to climb as far up the ladder as possible. You’ll do this by playing well, coordinating with your team; and winning League matches.

Once all positions have been verified, in-game prizing will be distributed approximately 3 weeks later . Should you make it to the Eternal tier, you will receive an email from Square Enix detailing the next steps for tprize collection.

Get In-Game, And Get Slaying!
Alright everyone. That’s it for the time being. It’s time to jump in-game and start climbing that ladder!

Should you have any further questions, we’ve put together a super quick FAQ that may answer them. If you’ve still got questions after that, please feel free to pop them in the comments here.

FAQ
How will monetary prizes be delivered?

PayPal will be the primary method, although those who cannot use PayPal will be able to provide us with your bank account details.

We’re working in conjunction with the fine folks over at ESL to get the monetary prizes to the top 100 players. You’ll receive an email from Square Enix once the season is over with further steps to take.

How do I know if my Steam and Square Enix Accounts are linked?

If they’re not linked, you’ll see a prompt to link them whenever you load the game. If you don’t see that prompt, then your accounts are linked. Hooray!

League Beta 2.0 & 3.0 Eternal Prizing

Cash Prizes for League Beta 2.0 will be sent out by ESL tomorrow

ESL will be sending out an email to all Eternal tier players from League 3.0 later this evening. Please reply to that email with the details for the account that you want them to pay your prize to. Please be aware that even if you sent your details for League Beta 2.0, you still need to send your details for League Beta 3.0 as well.

League Beta 3.0 cash prizes will be sent out by ESL on the 15th of January.

Vampmaster
14th Dec 2015, 20:47
I hope it's either the crop-duster type fire-breath thing or tornadoes like Janos uses.

HexMee
14th Dec 2015, 21:07
Yeah uhh, this isn't going to work :P

I can't imagine how much of a burden this month will be for people who don't already have a full team to play with, I have an active team and I don't even want this.

Have you done anything about lobby dodging? I mean the entire last season consisted of people leaving during the countdown for game starting because you can easily shift+tab and check through the steam overlay who you'll be playing with.
I know you listened to us about this issue, but you went half-measure and removed lobbies. Sure this was a step in the right direction but anyone who is a decent player knew that you could use the steam overlay and dodge that way instead without penalty..

I seriously fear that when I queue up with my entire team that we will get a grand total of zero games played this season because everyone will drop out of the game when it's about to start, unless we're lucky enough to be matched against the few other full 4 man teams that have the balls to face us.
You can't call this a SOLO league anymore btw.

Now issue nr 2: 24/7 timers? Are you for real? Wasn't the average of grinding 500 freaking games last season to even have a chance at the top spots enough for you? If you want to prove yourself this season you will have to grind enough games to be in the thousands.. this will turn league into a contest of who has the most time to spend rather than who is the most skilled, ontop of that you get rewarded with cash price. I can't believe anyone thought this was a good idea.

I honestly want to give constructive criticism when I post on the forums but I got nothing this time, revert the changes and forget you ever thought of them. That's the only tip I got.

sebachoxx
14th Dec 2015, 21:20
i think Hexmee is right.

kLauE187
14th Dec 2015, 21:53
Have you done anything about lobby dodging? I mean the entire last season consisted of people leaving during the countdown for game starting because you can easily shift+tab and check through the steam overlay who you'll be playing with.
I know you listened to us about this issue, but you went half-measure and removed lobbies. Sure this was a step in the right direction but anyone who is a decent player knew that you could use the steam overlay and dodge that way instead without penalty...
We got a few games today full pubstars stack with fakenicks but only against people who didn't know about this or just didn't paid attention to the names. Also a lot of guys just left the game 1-2 mins in and it just reset.

All it does is drive solo/duo players away from the game because they get stomped over and over again while stacks barely find any decent game at all since most just dodge instant.

ParadoxicalOmen
14th Dec 2015, 23:04
Could you please not do the 4 player League queue?

Unless you plan on splitting the teams up, there will be even more unbalanced games than usual...

J_Walker
14th Dec 2015, 23:27
24/7.... :\

BZiGER
14th Dec 2015, 23:32
+1 here for all above.
I posted in another thread I will post here too. Why on earth did you allowed 4 team in League ? I had that pleasure to meet up ESL Champs in League 3 and they were good in 2 (Unbeatable) now with all 4 members FFS. And I don’t have a team and I won’t to play league. So who have teams will be in top 50 and we can dream for Ethernal now.
You will lose so much players with this move by the way.

Yes Hex me and his crew i forgot about you too.

NeloAngelicus
14th Dec 2015, 23:38
4 player League queue? Really?

you don't read the feedback don't you? i love my sentinel but i pass this time.

I hope the ESL Champs have fun.

Bragii
15th Dec 2015, 00:20
I like quad que. :)

Just make sure it is not possible to dodge in any way now and increase leaver penalty for those who drop out of the game.

GenFeelGood
15th Dec 2015, 03:07
I'm happy to hear there is a new Sentinel ability on it's way. I hope it's either a ground based special or air based primary, can't wait to learn more about it.

MasterShuriko
15th Dec 2015, 05:16
Just bring back solo / duo que ups and keep 4 man parties in a grp for themselfs. This is gonna scare away more people from Leagues than it does bringing them in.

gagarindp
15th Dec 2015, 07:23
just... WHY?!?!?
i can't understand what profit u see in a such dumb mix-league... like "bring meat for 4-premade teams!"

Da_Wolv
15th Dec 2015, 09:35
I am so glad I don't have time to play over Christmas anyway...
but seriously... run a beta over the holidays with prize money?!
Smart move.

Anyway: When we asked for a party league, this is not what we meant!

SonixSquad
15th Dec 2015, 12:28
I suggested this a while back. (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=184428)

Solo queuers should face solo queuers, duo's face duos (2 duos per team, no solo joiners) and if you really want to play as a 4 man premade you face other 4 man premades, not easy mode 4 man premade vs solo inexperienced.
Anyone trying to defend 4 man premade vs solo or duos is just bad.

Please contribute to this discussion in this thread. (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=184428)

riccetto80
15th Dec 2015, 12:40
Solution is simple, dont play this ranked!

beside, LAG AS HELL!

i try play 2 match i was unable to finish the matches because people was teleporting around, myself too, was totally random hit someone or die.

the best feedback is let the dev see this last ranked with fewer player of the one before, who already had fewer player of the previsious one.

is clear write feedback here in forum of facebook means ZERO for the dev, let the number and stats speak, DO NOT PLAY THIS RANKED.

Sasha_Vykos
15th Dec 2015, 12:44
I suggested this a while back. (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183181)

Solo queuers should face solo queuers, duo's face duos (2 duos per team, no solo joiners) and if you really want to play as a 4 man premade you face other 4 man premades, not easy mode 4 man premade vs solo inexperienced.
Anyone trying to defend 4 man premade vs solo or duos is just bad.

so do u want to divide a grand total of 1k player base max (the average is about 500 considering the steam chart) in 4 different queue? solo, duo, 3, quad? This doesnt seems a logic solution to me either. We wouldn't be able to find games I guess.

For sure play as 4 vs solo players is not the best, I agree with this.

snejjjj
15th Dec 2015, 14:38
@Hexme

League in nosgoth was always grinding! In Blood League are skilled players, yes, but if you grind a lot and have luck with MM you could easy jump into bloods. I predict if you start soloQ League, you cant handle stay in Blood with only 30-50 games played.

KaininitePriestess
15th Dec 2015, 14:41
so do u want to divide a grand total of 1k player base max (the average is about 500 considering the steam chart) in 4 different queue? solo, duo, 3, quad? This doesnt seems a logic solution to me either. We wouldn't be able to find games I guess.

This is exactly why they haven't divided it into multiple queues, I'm sure.

And now thanks to all the people screaming and boycotting the league this season, I can't find a match. First time since I started playing that I literally got a message that said my wait time was greater then 5 minutes. Since my wait can vary from anywhere from a few seconds to an hour when I'm told the average wait is less then a minute, I probably won't be able to find anything all day! :mad:

People really throw temper tantrums over the dumbest things sometimes.

Ryugan34
15th Dec 2015, 17:19
Seriously guys, you have some kind of schizophrenic mind to whine about 24/7 . Previous seasons, people were whining on this forum cause 5pm to 5am GMT wasnt fair to everyone (which was true, lets face it), and people were asking for that 24/7 . And now its "whaaaat ? 24/7 ? really ?" wtf guys
People that could play 5pm to 5am will be the same playing all night and day .
And to add to this : lets be real, you are most likely to face 4 men premades AFTER 5pm . Those unlucky solo players that can play before that time will have an easier time during the day than during prime time, where the amount of premades will skyrocket .

About 4 men premades, remember when forum asked for it cause solo / duo wasnt enough . Psyonix answer was that they didnt figure out how to implement 4 men party into leagues ... Now they got it or so it seems, and this league is this way .

Remember this is a beta (even though sometimes it doesnt look like it, store / prize pools), they are bound to test things, such as this .

Now issue nr 2: 24/7 timers? Are you for real? Wasn't the average of grinding 500 freaking games last season to even have a chance at the top spots enough for you? If you want to prove yourself this season you will have to grind enough games to be in the thousands.. this will turn league into a contest of who has the most time to spend rather than who is the most skilled, ontop of that you get rewarded with cash price. I can't believe anyone thought this was a good idea.

You make it sound like it wasnt already a grindfest on previous league . It was (and still is, minus the teammates part if you play in a 4 men premade) 60 % timespan being able to play, 30% skill, 10% random teammates .
You couldnt keep up with a player averaging 20 games per day, no matter your skill .
yah, its gonna be a grindfest again, but not much more than the previous ones .

And about lobby dodging, they need to fix it of course . With people leaving when they know they lost a game to get only -4 points for a loss instead of a full penalty, both those need to be adressed .

Ysanoire
15th Dec 2015, 17:37
^ I gotta agree with Ryugan here. There have been complaints that the league times don't necessarily suit everyone. So if more people grind because they have more comfortable hours now, what do you wanna do, deny them?

People who played 100% opening hours before are still gonna outgrind an average person. So if they wanna spend more time on it than you or me, well, good for them I guess.

kLauE187
15th Dec 2015, 18:42
And about lobby dodging, they need to fix it of course . With people leaving when they know they lost a game to get only -4 points for a loss instead of a full penalty, both those need to be adressed .
Seeing your opponents before the match through steam overlay needs to go. With 4 man parties especially it's possible to leave games with 0-7 behind and only one gets a loss when all other 3 are free to leave which is stupid. Or they just abuse where you reconnect right before the timer ends so he doesn't get punished what gets abused quite a lot by certain people. Also -4 for leaving before the game ends makes completely no sense and a lot of people abuse this because in high-mmr this means that you loose a 1/3 from what you would loose legit for not leaving. But all problems are well known and ignored.

KaininitePriestess
15th Dec 2015, 18:58
But all problems are well known and ignored.

They don't ignore the problems, they just don't fix them fast enough for people on the forums, apparently.

Ryugan34
15th Dec 2015, 20:55
Seeing your opponents before the match through steam overlay needs to go. With 4 man parties especially it's possible to leave games with 0-7 behind and only one gets a loss when all other 3 are free to leave which is stupid. Or they just abuse where you reconnect right before the timer ends so he doesn't get punished what gets abused quite a lot by certain people. Also -4 for leaving before the game ends makes completely no sense and a lot of people abuse this because in high-mmr this means that you loose a 1/3 from what you would loose legit for not leaving. But all problems are well known and ignored.

Indirectly, the launcher they are working on could be a way to fix this . No more steam = you cant see players beforehand anymore

SonixSquad
15th Dec 2015, 21:25

For sure play as 4 vs solo players is not the best, I agree with this.

Nope, not divide anything. Just queue as solo, duo or quad. 3 Man queuing is not viable because you would still need 1 random lonewolf. Theres solo queuing for that and these should only face other solo queuers.

Also I think you got the wrong idea, its not splitting into 4 queues. More like matchmaking similarily queued groups.
You wouldn't queue any different than you do now.

This is exactly why they haven't divided it into multiple queues, I'm sure.

Look at it this way, whats the reason behind the diminishing playerbase? Its not just bugs, unbalanced matches are the number one cause.
My suggestions aim is to increase the retention rate of new players by providing better balanced matches. The worst off will be the 4 man premades as there will probably be less of those, but I highly doubt solo and duo queuers will suffer much.
What would you prefer, slightly longer queue times or steamroll lottery leading to a dead game?
Better to change now before its too late proceeded by a big advertisement push to get the leavers back.

Please contribute to this discussion in this thread. (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=184428)

Passarbye
16th Dec 2015, 02:00
I knew this was coming since the second season, but I can't believe that you guys would allow 4 man premades to go against solo Qs. Have fun playing by yourselves in Lobby simulator 2016, I won't be joining this league simply because I'm not getting wrecked by a completely unfair match making system that advocates stacking with your friends to dominate. Either split the leagues to a solo join and a separate 4 man join or never allow teams to fight against solo Qs.

Also, thanks for splitting the TDM playerbase just for your league 'e-sports' crap to run 24/7. It was fine when you only had certain hours to play league (just change the hours?), because there were still TDM players before and after, but now? You won't have nearly as many playing TDM due to league, so no thanks.

I think I'm going to give Nosgoth a good long break for now and see how it develops after about 8 months. If you guys don't ACTUALLY improve the game (instead of constantly screwing with it more and more), you won't have this loyal fan anymore. Don't get me wrong, I've had plenty of fun with this game and it's been a great ride, but after about a year and a half I think I'm finally ready to pull out. The new map looks alright, but everything has been just going down the toilet and it doesn't seem like anyone even cares anymore. :hmm:

Da_Wolv
16th Dec 2015, 10:33
This is much more horrible than I could have imagined:

11:30 in the morning,
I queue alone
I get put against a 4 stack (of people I know),
with a guy that instantly calls hack (because obviously it's hack when hes not winning)
and another guy that had 20hrs on Steam that did a glorious 660 damage in 7 lives and 5 minutes..

GG
See you again in January when this nonsense is over!

Oghamsmith
16th Dec 2015, 12:58
Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your feedback so far. We knew there were going to be some concerns about this season's setup, and we agree that in an ideal world we could look at doing things slightly differently, particularly in relation to differing queues.

However these two points of contention, 4 player teams and 24/7 League; are elements that need to be tested live in order to catalog a solid bug list for each and get fixes in place as Nosgoth moves closer toward release. We've already got quite a bit of useful data from the testing that has taken place over the last couple of days, which is great! This is a case of making a bit of a compromise now, in order to make long-term improvements to Nosgoth.

24/7 Leagues. Having limited availability was always going to benefit some players and hinder others. The reverse is true as well, so we were always going to have some people who are upset about this change. On the whole, giving people greater choice over when they can participate in League games is what we have wanted to do for a long time, running 24/7 during a season was always the end goal.

I can absolutely understand the concern surrounding the potential possibility of players spamming games, focusing on volume over performance. Once players hit Eternal the benefit of spamming games drops off dramatically. If you don't have a high enough skill level, then spamming games will only get you so far. One of the central points to running 24/7 during a League Beta is precisely this point, to observe how both players and the current League ruleset responds to this scenario, so that finetuning can occur thereafter.

4 player teams
I pretty much covered this above, we need to test these in a League environment. While not ideal, the current implementation is the best way to get a substantial amount of testing completed with them.

With regards to lobby dodging. The full Nosgoth Launcher implementation will remove the ability to see players in your lobby via the Steam overlay. So we do have a fix on the way.

So, where to we go from here? Well, we'll be keeping the current ruleset through this weekend. From a testing perspective we would like to maintain it through to the end of the season. With that said, we will evaluate the feedback that we receive over the weekend as well as the data that we gather, and make changes to the season ruleset if it's felt that such changes are warranted.

I know that there are things that could be better now guys. And they will get better, we've got improvements on the way for most of concerns raised above. Such is the nature of betas, they are incomplete and don't necessarily have a glossy sheen to them. I thank you for patience while we work on these improvements, as well as your help in tracking down additional issues that we need to address. We're working to get rid of as many of those issues as possible, but it does take time.

KaininitePriestess
16th Dec 2015, 13:21
Please please leave the 24/7 in throughout the rest of the season! It makes it great for those of us who are asleep during those times or can't because of work!

Vampmaster
16th Dec 2015, 13:27
Please please leave the 24/7 in throughout the rest of the season! It makes it great for those of us who are asleep during those times or can't because of work!

Indeed. Most people have things like jobs and sleep to prevent them from grinding 24-7. No need for an artificial limitation and if there was a need for that, at least a quota of matches wouldn't give preference to one region over another.

@Oghamsmith, what if that cancelled/postponed warband feature was used in leagues? I'm only speculating on what it is, but if a warband was like a group of players who would never be matched against each other, but could still play in leagues and share a total of points for that group. Then you have the warband with an overall rank like Bronze, Silver, Blood and Eternal that determines the prizes.

Would something like that be a more fair way to to do leagues or is it just confusing? I guess there would need to be a limit on the number of players or maybe the score would be an average of it's member's individual scores.

KaininitePriestess
16th Dec 2015, 14:48
Indeed. Most people have things like jobs and sleep to prevent them from grinding 24-7. No need for an artificial limitation and if there was a need for that, at least a quota of matches wouldn't give preference to one region over another.

@Oghamsmith, what if that cancelled/postponed warband feature was used in leagues? I'm only speculating on what it is, but if a warband was like a group of players who would never be matched against each other, but could still play in leagues and share a total of points for that group. Then you have the warband with an overall rank like Bronze, Silver, Blood and Eternal that determines the prizes.

Would something like that be a more fair way to to do leagues or is it just confusing? I guess there would need to be a limit on the number of players or maybe the score would be an average of it's member's individual scores.

I don't think that would be a good way of doing it, either. That would put those of us who love playing the game and grind our way up as high as we can at a disadvantage if we only have our warband for our own close, personal friends. That's why I reserved my name when I got the Founder's Pack. I'm not going to be using it for hardcore mlg gaming, so restricting the leagues to a team-based thing would put me at a disadvantage. Only one of my friends plays regularly.

Vampmaster
16th Dec 2015, 14:55
I don't think that would be a good way of doing it, either. That would put those of us who love playing the game and grind our way up as high as we can at a disadvantage if we only have our warband for our own close, personal friends. That's why I reserved my name when I got the Founder's Pack. I'm not going to be using it for hardcore mlg gaming, so restricting the leagues to a team-based thing would put me at a disadvantage. Only one of my friends plays regularly.

I didn't necessarily mean always teamed in the same match. I just meant a bunch of people seeing how high they can score as an average between them. If it's an average, then a team of one could still reach the same score by themselves.

KaininitePriestess
16th Dec 2015, 15:01
I didn't necessarily mean always teamed in the same match. I just meant a bunch of people seeing how high they can score as an average between them. If it's an average, then a team of one could still reach the same score by themselves.

But if you had a Warband of 5 friends and only two of them played the leagues, would the other three and their non-score bring the other two down? Or if one of the two that did play made a higher rank then the other one, would it bring that one down? Or would there be a separate Warband League ranking that was completely different then individual rankings?

Oghamsmith
16th Dec 2015, 15:15
Vampmaster, while that specific warband implementation that you mention is cool in its own right, it doesn't really satisfy the desire for friends to be able to group up and play together in a match that's having its stats tracked.

There are other things that can be done in terms of queue formats and whatnot.

Vampmaster
16th Dec 2015, 15:24
But if you had a Warband of 5 friends and only two of them played the leagues, would the other three and their non-score bring the other two down? Or if one of the two that did play made a higher rank then the other one, would it bring that one down? Or would there be a separate Warband League ranking that was completely different then individual rankings?

It would depend on what the designers wanted to do. I was merely speculating that if the intention for warbands was something like that, it might be more fair. Warbands might be a completely abandoned idea at this point or I might be way off in my guess at what it might be.

Ryugan34
16th Dec 2015, 16:00
24/7 Leagues. Having limited availability was always going to benefit some players and hinder others. The reverse is true as well, so we were always going to have some people who are upset about this change. On the whole, giving people greater choice over when they can participate in League games is what we have wanted to do for a long time, running 24/7 during a season was always the end goal.
Good to hear, having the possibility to choose when to play opposed to when the game tells you to play is the way to do it . Even though availability of friends matters as well .

I can absolutely understand the concern surrounding the potential possibility of players spamming games, focusing on volume over performance. Once players hit Eternal the benefit of spamming games drops off dramatically. If you don't have a high enough skill level, then spamming games will only get you so far. One of the central points to running 24/7 during a League Beta is precisely this point, to observe how both players and the current League ruleset responds to this scenario, so that finetuning can occur thereafter.
Spamming games was, is and will be the primary factor as long as nothing changes in the point system . Skill is only the second factor .
From the start we all have been giving warning about it, and you guys just brushed everything away, saying pretty much "working as intended, you dont understand how it works" .
Yet, throughout each league, we have all been able to confirm that our fear of having to spam games being the big factor was true .

With regards to lobby dodging. The full Nosgoth Launcher implementation will remove the ability to see players in your lobby via the Steam overlay. So we do have a fix on the way.
What i said on a previous post :p

So, where to we go from here? Well, we'll be keeping the current ruleset through this weekend. From a testing perspective we would like to maintain it through to the end of the season. With that said, we will evaluate the feedback that we receive over the weekend as well as the data that we gather, and make changes to the season ruleset if it's felt that such changes are warranted.
Dont change rule set mid season, that would be the most idiotic and illogical thing to do .

I know that there are things that could be better now guys. And they will get better, we've got improvements on the way for most of concerns raised above. Such is the nature of betas, they are incomplete and don't necessarily have a glossy sheen to them. I thank you for patience while we work on these improvements, as well as your help in tracking down additional issues that we need to address. We're working to get rid of as many of those issues as possible, but it does take time.
While we can all appreciate the work you are putting on this, we sometimes (or should i say too often) feel like most of our feedbacks, most of them making sense and related to the core gameplay, get either ignored or just way too far on the priority list, behind chest and stuffs for example (although not related to gameplay : blood survivor skin that was in store, then got taken without any warning, to be put in that crappy chest system)

ProDoctoR1987
16th Dec 2015, 19:27
Finally 24/7 :)

calypso-694
17th Dec 2015, 02:03
did I miss something? losing a match you now drop like 20 or so points. even more so if you and your team get destroyed. like wtfff

grinding from bronze to blood or whatever is going to be nigh impossible if the teams you are with aren't great. granted im not amazing etiher but still I can hold my own.

wtf like really wtf

kLauE187
17th Dec 2015, 04:08
Cash Prizes for League Beta 2.0 will be sent out by ESL tomorrow
League Beta 3.0 cash prizes will be sent out by ESL on the 15th of January.
Didn't know paypal is not instant anymore. Still waiting for my money from beta 2.0 like everyone else. Also ESL basically stole us around 250€ from our october winnings. Should have received 1500€, we got 1226€. I wonder how much they steal from my ranked winnings :thumb:

http://prntscr.com/9f5hwa

GG

Ryugan34
19th Dec 2015, 02:12
can you please make it so when 2 people leave, the game automatically ends ? Tired of f....ards just waiting solo after the other 3 in their team left and wasting everyone's time on purpose, just because they are sore losers .

ProDoctoR1987
19th Dec 2015, 23:14
Well I like it so far, I'm just playing around in the ranked leagues. However almost level 50 overall :) but I'm more a Flashpoint player anyhow !

This maybe a strange question but is this a team based or player based reward system ? Do players only get rewarded by winning a match ? So how you do in the team has no effect at all in the ranking (how much damage / kills / deaths/ assists ) ?

HexMee
20th Dec 2015, 20:57
How am I supposed to have a chance competing for the top spots when the current 1st place (i'm at 4th as I type this) is getting 3 times more points for each win compared to what I get? It's not even close to fair, adress this quickly for the love of god.
Also my games played is telling me I lost a bunch of matches that I didn't. Does this have anything to do with above problem perhaps?

Ryugan34
20th Dec 2015, 23:16
I have to go with hex on this one, something is not right . when i was playing with him, i would get only 5 points per game last nite . (i am also within top 10)
Today i played with a NA player (in top 5) and i got 12 point per game . Something is f....ed up and needs quick fixing

Ska-Ara
21st Dec 2015, 12:33
I hope the next League will be seperated with Solo Players (random teams) and Guild/Group Players, its pretty hard , nearly unwinnable to to defeat a group when theyre playing activly.
Im now gold 1 and last day my random team fought against a really good guild.. we lost with 30: 1 in the first round^^

so i think groups of 2 are ok.. but 3-4 should be an own league for team compition

ProDoctoR1987
21st Dec 2015, 12:47
I hope the next League will be seperated with Solo Players (random teams) and Guild/Group Players, its pretty hard , nearly unwinnable to to defeat a group when theyre playing activly.
Im now gold 1 and last day my random team fought against a really good guild.. we lost with 30: 1 in the first round^^

so i think groups of 2 are ok.. but 3-4 should be an own league for team compition

Yeah, or they get less points for winning. The more players join up the less points they get. Otherwise it's just not fair at all if your in a single player group against teams.

Oghamsmith
21st Dec 2015, 14:09
How am I supposed to have a chance competing for the top spots when the current 1st place (i'm at 4th as I type this) is getting 3 times more points for each win compared to what I get? It's not even close to fair, adress this quickly for the love of god.
Also my games played is telling me I lost a bunch of matches that I didn't. Does this have anything to do with above problem perhaps?

I have to go with hex on this one, something is not right . when i was playing with him, i would get only 5 points per game last nite . (i am also within top 10)
Today i played with a NA player (in top 5) and i got 12 point per game . Something is f....ed up and needs quick fixing

As with many ranked systems across a number of games, ours is set up in such a way that if the average skill rating of team 1 is slightly higher than team 2's average skill rating, the number of points team 1 would earn from a victory over team 2 is reduced. This is why there are differentials between victories.

Feedback noted.

Oghamsmith
19th Jan 2016, 17:07
The League Season has come to an end, and we are now verifying placements. This season's prizing will be delivered slightly later than normal, as the Sentinel's new ability, Sonic Boom, hasn't quite made it into the game just yet. We're currently targeting an early Feb release for this ability.

Angelos_Sanguinum
26th Jan 2016, 05:40
4 player teams
I pretty much covered this above, we need to test these in a League environment. While not ideal, the current implementation is the best way to get a substantial amount of testing completed with them.

The current implementation of stacked team is the best way to lose your playerbase. So fix this ****. 3-4 player teams must have SEPARATE QUEUE every time 24/7 and do this right now.

Da_Wolv
26th Jan 2016, 10:14
The current implementation of stacked team is the best way to lose your playerbase. So fix this ****. 3-4 player teams must have SEPARATE QUEUE every time 24/7 and do this right now.

OR Make individual contribution count.
Sure, getting rekt by a 4-stack when you're alone is never gonna be fun, but if you can get a few good hits and kills in, you should be rewarded for it accordingly, which will lead to less people leaving, less grieving and actually resemble a solo ranked, instead of a "whose got the most high-skilled friends" (and knows how to dodge other good teams).

LaPineda
30th Jan 2016, 19:29
When the "blood" prizes will be delivered?

Captain3009
31st Jan 2016, 19:37
Any news on what the in-game reward for reaching the Blood tier or above will be for league 5.0?

Oghamsmith
1st Feb 2016, 19:11
When the "blood" prizes will be delivered?
With the next game update :).

Any news on what the in-game reward for reaching the Blood tier or above will be for league 5.0?

Yup, you can learn more here: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=185638