PDA

View Full Version : A Story About My Daughter

yubetcha
1st Jul 2002, 01:04
I just had to come here and tell y'all a story about my daughter. Please grin and bear it, and act interested :D . It's so funny.
Lesseee, I guess this is the correct forum .
First, my daughter is 2 yrs and 2 mos. old, and seems to be learning new words every day. She seems to think she knows everything, and just about every other word is "No!". The terrible twos, ya know.
A couple of days ago, I was talking with my wife (she's with my daughter in Florida, for those newbies who may not be aware). She told me that Angie must've been hungry. Angie went into the kitchen where my mother-in-law was. Now imagine this little half pint walking into the kitchen, and looking up at my mother-in-law, who is maybe 4 or 5 times taller. Looking up, Angie said with a demanding voice, "COOK!". I wish I could include the tone of her voice here. It probably loses something here. I laugh every time I think of this story, so I had to come and tell ya. :)

RicknMel
1st Jul 2002, 01:09
LOL

I tried the same thing with my wife......it wasn't near as funny, and I'm sure I didn't look as cute either. ;) :D

Nightwalker
1st Jul 2002, 01:14
That must have been priceless, Yubetcha! You've got to store all these marvellous memories away, because they grow up waaaay too fast! Your daughter is at the very best age, I think. They're so much fun to be with and everything is interesting and new to them. Enjoy her. :)

BrokenArts
1st Jul 2002, 01:39
Aaaaaawwww Yubetcha, she sounds like such a cutie pie! They grow so fast. Someone was hungry aye? :)
Enjoy this age.

Munin the Raven
1st Jul 2002, 02:44
That's priceless! Kids do say the funniest things. Before you know it she'll be jumping in the car and saying "DRIVE!" and approaching you for "MONEY!" and then "KEYS!" Keep here while you can.

Thanks for sharing.:)

BrokenArts
1st Jul 2002, 02:48
ooooh I know what will come next........MINE!!!!!

yubetcha
1st Jul 2002, 03:06
Originally posted by BrokenArts
ooooh I know what will come next........MINE!!!!!

LOL! She's already saying that, but I can see that you've been down that familiar road :D. When she said "Mine" for the umpteenth time, I said, "No, it's mine", and she just stared at me :D. I thought, "There, that confused her!" LOL!

Zaccheus
1st Jul 2002, 12:19
Angie said with a demanding voice, "COOK!".

Where do they get it from ...

;)

yubetcha
1st Jul 2002, 12:48
Originally posted by Zaccheus

Where do they get it from ...

;)

Dunno. Not from me. I have never said that. And probably not from Jennifer. I do think that even children have minds of their own and can formulate ideas of their own (in some areas).

ChangelingJane
1st Jul 2002, 13:00
Awww that is so kyoote! ^_^

You think the terrible two's are bad, just wait until the terrible threes, and fours, and fives... j/k ^_~

Whatz His Name
1st Jul 2002, 13:21
Originally posted by ChangelingJane
You think the terrible two's are bad, just wait until the terrible threes, and fours, and fives...

Forget those... wait until the teenage years. Learning to drive, wanting all the lastest styles, and lets not forget BOYS. Have fun. :D

ChangelingJane
1st Jul 2002, 13:46
Or maybe girls. You never know ^_~

BrokenArts
1st Jul 2002, 14:55
As long as she is happy. ;)

Bat-mite
2nd Jul 2002, 18:43
:D LOL. That is hysterical. Love kids!

Bat-mite is here (briefly) to register and achieve a post-count of ONE!
;)